Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Judge Eyes (Project JUDGE)

New game from Sega's Ryu Ga Gotoku Studios, (Yakuza series & Binary Domain) comes out in North American in 2019.

AbstractKazzy

Novice
I think it looks good. They seem to finally be getting a hang of their new engine. Hopefully the story isn't as convoluted as some of the later Yakuza games since this is supposed to be a spin-off.

Venser

Erudite
This actually looked like an interesting detective thriller but then the fighting started with fireball punches and crazy throws. Japan never changes.

kalganoat

Savant
This looks like a yakuza spinoff. Not exactly NEW IP imo. Anyone remember the cop in Yakuza 4? judge eyes reminds me of that.

Japanese demo takes place in (I think) modern day Kamurocho, so yeah, it's a Yakuza spinoff.

Combat looks improved over Yakuza. Chase sequence reminds me of a more interactive version of the running sequences in Sega's Die Hard Arcade/Dynamite Deka games.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I demand that this topic be moved to it’s rightful place in JRPG section.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Seems like we just talk about it in the yakuza thread.

Plus most of codexers are PC gamers, so fewer people here would actually play it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom