Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Junktown Question (Fallout) - SPOILERS POSSIBLE

John Syron

Novice
This isn't an important problem, but I was wondering if anyone knows what mistake I made in Junktown that has turned Killian and the town against me? When I travel to the town gates now, the guards warn me to keep travelling. If they spot me inside the town, they attack. (But the female clerk in the Skum Pit doesn't attack.) Does the mistake stem from Sinthia?

I've already helped take down the criminal, Gizmo, and I killed Doc Morbid. Maybe killing the doc caused it. At this stage in the game, Junktown's not important, but I was wondering how to avoid this next time. Thanks. (I'm running version 1.1 of Fallout.)

John

Spazmo

Erudite
I've never done Doc Morbid in before, but I would guess that's it. A town needs its doctor, even if he has some... questionable business partners.

Otherwise, check your karma. If it's negative, that's probably the reason. Junktown is a good, upstanding place.

John Syron

Novice
Thanks, Spazmo. You may be right about the doc. My karma is still positive, but I found that when you visit Junktown later, Morbid has been replaced by a Cathedral cultist doctor.

Spazmo

Erudite
There you go. Junktown probably dislikes you for foring them to bring the Children in.

And also, I never knew about that, and damn it, that's a pretty cool thing right there. Really gives the impression that the world is actually alive.

Anonymous

Did you remember to keep your weapon holstered? That is what usually made the guards hate me..if you mentioned you did, disregard this and call me an idiot (I have a very bad memory).

Seven

Erudite
John Syron said:
Thanks, Spazmo. You may be right about the doc. My karma is still positive, but I found that when you visit Junktown later, Morbid has been replaced by a Cathedral cultist doctor.

No, no, no... I always kill the Doc and his goons. What you probably did was enter the town at night. They don't let you in at night unless you have a high charisma or speech.

BTW, I once let Morbid live and the COC doc still made his way there. Morbid was pretty pissed about, something about loosing money. So in conclusion don't enter the town at night unless you get permission. BTW< the guards usually tell you to go a way and come back in the morning.

no it's not morbid because I kill him everytime I play through junktown, the gaurds don't seem to mind, I'm pretty sure you get a karma boost for killing him, Actully there's alot of people in junktown youre allowed to kill just make sure they initiate combat.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom