Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Just Replayed Mass Effect For the First Time in a While

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
unless you played Vanguard (which I did not)

:rpgcodex:
You always play as a Vanguard.

Hey, since this thread is pretty lively right now, let me ask a semi-relevant question:

If I've never played any of the Mass Effect games and want to do so sometime in the foreseeable future, are there any additional must-have downloads? Things like unofficial patches, bug fixes, cut content restoration, something to fix the scandalous multiplayer-gated ending of the third one?

Think there is one mod floating around that improves textures of ME1 but nothing that improves gameplay or makes the game harder. Been years since I checked though.

ME2 & 3 are garbage (especially 2) so I've never bothered to see if they had mods.

Kirkpatrick

Cipher
Hey, since this thread is pretty lively right now, let me ask a semi-relevant question:

If I've never played any of the Mass Effect games and want to do so sometime in the foreseeable future, are there any additional must-have downloads? Things like unofficial patches, bug fixes, cut content restoration, something to fix the scandalous multiplayer-gated ending of the third one?

One of the must haves, at least for me, was editing some files and adding x10 or (or whatever you like) speed binding to middle mouse button. Worked on all three games, even during cutscenes. Also, there are some nice kill minigames/planet scanning *fixes* as well.

Self-Ejected

Harry Easter

Self-Ejected
I finished ME1 a few months ago too and I think it was a good "concept" - game: The writing was clunkier than in 2, combat was clunky too, the plot had some big holes (I blame budgetcuts, because at few points you can see, that they ran out of money) and I think Saren as the big bad doesn't work (more of a brute. An yeah, technically he's the brute, but talking Reaper were always stupid).

Otherwise it kept me going, because this game was so full of promises. It promisided you an interesting universe and delivered on that. But in hindsight they should have taken the plot of 2 (the parth with the kidnappings, not the bullshit with joining Cerberus or you dying in the beginning. That should've moved to the end of 2) for an easier start into the universe to keep the mystery involving the Reapers intact for a while. It would've been a better originstory of becoming a Spectre and hit harder, when the stuff in Part 1 happens.

Storywise is 1 the best, but the writing of 2's character was better (except Jack. Jack is a traffic accident). But 1 will still have a place in my heart, because of all its unfillfelled potential.

Last edited:

Jacob

Pronouns: Nick/Her
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
AFAIK the only other somewhat satisfying option for your space needs is playing the X series games and you really don't want to play those games if you value your life.

Master

Arbiter
Fwiw, those aliens of which the bad guy was part of, were cool looking. But all the others were shit.

PsychoFox

Educated
How much effect do your choices have on the outcome of Andromeda's story? Is it linear or different endings depending on what you do?

Wyatt_Derp

Arcane
I have a feeling that Bioware never put this much thought into it. But it's an interesting theory. Perhaps a better wording for the video would be 'Fermi Paradox and you, a psychological thriller.'

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
I love it how she managed to have a voice and demeanor of an old woman. She should definitely pick up acting.

Avierra

Novice
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
New Mass Effect is in production under Mike Gamble

https://twitter.com/GambleMike

They're going to fuck it up (again) by adding some always-online multiplayer crap into it. And also probably trans people that just have to tell everyone, because it's super important to get that info out there when the fate of the galaxy and possible extinction is at hand.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom