Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Just want to share the love.

Sacibengala

Prophet
As I always see people complaining from here, in all over the internet. (sometimes, I even see the reason why) I decided to do this post.
I've known rpgcodex for about 6 years. But I do not even know at what point I decided to make an account to participate. I grew up playing on consoles, I am not from a PC breed. I grew up and live in a third world country. And in here, to have access to a PC was ,and still is, something that is not cheap, at all. For example, my PC has some 9 years of usage and it is still kicking.. I only get into CRPG years later, and I use the forum to hear everyone's opinions and the news about what's going on. I disagree a lot, on a lot of topics, especially when there is some kind of discrimination discussed in here. But it is the same time the only place on the internet that is still possible to talk freely and openly about RPGs and whats around it. In today`s day, have an opinion and draw attention to all the crap that is happening in this environment is becoming real hard. In here it is still possible. And if you're an idiot, they'll recognize it and throw it in your face instead of just shutting you down, like it's done in every other place I've seen (at least that's the impression I get from here). Anyway, I just wanted to say that if this forum did not exist, I would hardly take so much advantage of this hobby. And if it ceases to exist, I think I'm going to feel orphaned. Many thanks to all and continue doing well, guys! Please people, share some love once in awhile! Now is the time, as always!

Falksi

Arcane
Flonne would be proud.

d3apt7o-ccb08919-a737-4eb8-810d-66c026ed5d55.jpg

Insert Title Here

Jokes aside, I actually came here because the site where I use to post for over a decade was even more negative. The Codex is like Mr. Rogers's Hugbox in comparison. But you don't want this place to slide into Reddit/Facebook/Twitter style "tyranny of niceness", which is really just soulless corporate grifting.

smaug

Secular Koranism with Israeli Characteristics
Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
Dude.

I was on a school computer and normally our WiFi blocks everything but I found a link to a Daggerfall vs morrowind thread on here from 2006 (or 2004?) and seeing Vault Dweller and others shitting on Morrowind was so satisfying.

It was an amazing first thread.
:love:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom