Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Kalypso HD remasters of Commandos 2 and Praetorians

index.php

Arcane
Is it still censored?

passerby

Arcane
The most absurd is that from my understanding, the German law forbids to glorify and use Nazi symbolism in art outside of their historical context, so the swasticas in a WW2 themed game, that doesn't present Nazis as the good guys, should be perfectly fine.
So, not only they censor for the whole world because of Germany, but they would most likely pass the German censorship and even if they got it indexed, it still could be sold in adults only age category.

But the cucks in the game industry listen to lawyers, that tell them to better not to even try and preemptively self censor instead, so fucking dumb.
If all else failed, they could also always make a German regional version, with some different textures ffs.

visions

Arcane
Last edited by a moderator:

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
I can't access the store page from Germany either. I've had them forever, though, so they are still in my library.

Soph

Educated
Commandos 2 remaster turned out great guys.. It managed to totally eclipse the transgressions of Blizzard and their WC3 reforged masterpiece.

Strap Yourselves In Codex+ Now Streaming!
So I guess I am the only one who was looking forward to that Praetorians remaster?

That game had some neat ideas and a challenging campaign, I quite liked it back in the day. Runs like ass on Windows 10.

Curiously enough, it has pretty good ratings on steam. I might give it a try.

octavius

Arcane
Patron
https://steamcommunity.com/app/1100410/discussions/0/3047183177935977400/

there will only be one version of Commandos 2 HD Remaster internationally, and it will not incorporate any symbols, portraits, speeches or other assets that could break the law in many countries.
As a company, we are obliged to adhere to the law, but we want our users to have the best experience with our games without causing potential delays or even being banned in certain countries.

Therefore, we have decided on this course of action so that we will not be forced to split up groups of players or be unable to provide the game to specific regions at all.

-cheers

But...globalism? :?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom