Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Kellen area questions (Beginning area Spoilers inside)

crpgnut

Augur
Ok, I've been playing the game for a few days now with a couple of different parties.
There are certain things that I must be missing.

1 Where is Eino?

2. I've got some lupins that are low on prey. I've talked to the hunter with a high speech skill character and he won't stop bugging them. I've taken food to the cave area, I've talked to the shepherd, and I tried talking to the wandering hunters, where no dialogue options mention lupins. My speech character is at 22. She is also around 15-20 in nature.
What do the lupins need? Is killing them the only viable option?

3.Why is the Power of Flame so useless, at least at low levels? I've got an Acolyte in
my party that is basically useless. He can throw about 3 or 4 spells and then has to
sleep to regenerate. Not only that, but the range of his spells is such that he HAS to
get within killing range to be effective. An archer is WAY more effective than this
guy. Mages should attack from behind the front lines! This guy has an 18 in the governing attribute but can't throw more than a couple of spells before resting.
Even when he hits with the spell the target(s) take way less damage than if
I had whacked them with a sword. If I only get 3-5 casts between rest periods,
those castings should be devastating IMHO.

4. Why does the hunter in the bar train only one person? I know he normally doesn't
teach, but he hasn't left that bar since I started playing. His bar tab must be enormous!
He should either teach the whole party once or teach each member one thing only.
It'd be great if how much you learned was based on your stats/class choice too.

5. Why doesn't Heira sell something that can regenerate Flame-boy's magic pool?

6. What level does nature need to be to start finding herbs for potions? So far,
nature should be renamed perception. You need nature skill to perceive the ring,
the girl's footprints, the age of the lupin kills etc.

7. Why do I keep running into the same groups of wandering NPC's? I've run into
the bitter thaumaturgist 20 times, she never has anything to say. I've dropped my
other group of NPC's to see if she wanted to join but she doesn't. Is she waiting
to train my guy once his level is high enough? I understand running into the hunters
all the time.

8. There is a creature ne of Heira's house, is it okay to kill it? I haven't because
a) it's tough b) It might be a later quest. c) It might be Eino polymorphed by a
wicked witch or something :)

9. What are musical instruments for? I've been playing at the bar every night
that I'm in town. I get the same money with or without having an instrument
in my inventory. Do I have to use the instrument in some way? Or is having it
in my inventory enough?

I enjoy playing mages over all other characters. It really bums me out that
the Power of Flame seems so useless. I'm really hoping that this class comes
into its own soon.

Carioz

Novice
Spoiling

1. Don't know.
2. Talk to Hjor in the bar;
3. First of all, what is your acolyte endurance? The higher, more the will points you get, which can be regenerated in the wilderness via meditation (lick the Zzz icon, click on the wait icon next to your acolyte until it is turned to meditate, then rest your party), and in towns in the variuos inns.
Secondly, for the spells: your PC will get spell families (which get a maximum of 4 spell each, or at least I guess, having reached Power of the Flame 65) questing: then each family is expanded and gets better spells depending on your PC's PotF.
Did I make myself clear?
4. Don't forget Hjor hunts costantly: he wants to teach to your PCs just to earn some quick cash. I cannot say I agree with the class based learning; if it had to be based on something it should be Int. Then again, people.txt file is easilly meddled with, if you know what a go to and a flag are, you can cook yourself your homebrew mod in an afternoon.
5. Because Heira is not a follower of the flame, but one of the goddess (and because Flame magic is based on exhausting yourself).
6. As far as I can tell never.
7. Small random encounter table?
8. Creature is quite vague...
9. I don't know.

Kyminara

Novice
1. He's tough to find but just keep looking. (Don't go too far from kellen. Tthe monstars out there get deadly.) You should also try talking to people more and see if they would give clues.

2. Either the Speech of the acting character is too low or his Charisma is too low. If you have some extra skill points earned, you may want to put a few of them into speech, or else just keep talking to people until the skill raises a little.
If you just can't convince the hunter to stop, then killing the lupins is the alternative.

3. At low levels, Power of the Flame seems to be more of a secondary skill. Later in the game it becomes Very useful, but in the meantime, you may want to give that character another option in combat. I ended up giving my Acolyte Thaumaturgy, which turned her into a pretty nice mage type character.

4. He leaves every morning to hunt, and comes back later in the evening. It would be nice if he would teach everyone who had the skill, but some people in the game just don't do that.

5. Hiera is a worshipper of the Goddess, so she probably doesn't care much about Flame magic. (What's the Flame magic pool called? I forget.)

6. Potion making is not something the characters can do, except in certain quests. Nature does seem to be just perception, but it's the kind of perception that a hunter would have, like sreaching and tracking.

7. Some of the random NPCs seem to never have anything useful to say.

8. If youre talking about the wounded creature, you can kill it if you want, but a) it's tough, and b) it's part of a quest. Eino isn't polymorphed, though. You are actually looking for a human boy.

9. I never figured out what to do with instruments. My Bard has three in her inventory, and I still don't know if any are helping her Music.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom