Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Kenshi - open-ended sandbox RPG set in a desert world

PanteraNera

Arcane
With an army of that size you might as well pay the Southern Hive a visit
I have encountered them but they go down to quickly. I think I will keep hunting Skeleton Bandits and Reavers, until I get strong enough to take down the Bugmaster, ally Shel Kingdom and bring down the Holy Nation.

Beastro

Arcane
Fucking hell.

I restart after finally getting the old hang of editing the games .mod files from my ETW days to tone down the OP Holy Sword mod I got as well as to allow a Skellie start with it.

Started in Bast while it's invaded in a three way war between cannibals, UC Samurai guards and Holy Nation folks. I help out to work some of my stats up, especially the negative ones and get banged up in the process. I make a save and then head off towards World's End working up sneaking only to realize something: My chest HP are slowly going down, says I have a critical wound... on a robot? Anyway, it's too late and I bleed out, so reload and head for Stoat, being the closest place only to find it doesn't have a repair shop there, so reload again and head for World's End once more.

Shit comes down to a hair. I get to the entrance with enough HP left to run and sell some gear I grabbed at Bast and then buy a repair kit, only it's too slow and I pass out dying before I can repair my fucking chest wound. So I reload and have to do it a few times simply because there's no time left to get from selling the gear to the repair bed before passing out randomly bumping into NPCs in my way, but I finally do it. Taking forever to heal the wound now, but at least the HP are going up now...

Last edited:

Deleted Member 16721

Well I made my first trip to The Deadlands today. That wasn't a pleasant place. Plenty of ruins and outposts there to loot, but tough guards. Sorry if this is spoiler-ish. The acid rain was killing me. Also, how do you make skeletons stop rebooting? Just beat them down enough like unconscious bandits until they stop for good?

Deleted Member 16721

Hell yes it's interesting. It's almost my GOTY 2018, tied with Kingmaker. God-tier status survival RPG. I'm loving every second of it.

Beastro

Arcane
Well I made my first trip to The Deadlands today. That wasn't a pleasant place. Plenty of ruins and outposts there to loot, but tough guards. Sorry if this is spoiler-ish. The acid rain was killing me. Also, how do you make skeletons stop rebooting? Just beat them down enough like unconscious bandits until they stop for good?

A Dustcoat w/ 80% resistance and any real hat with resistance will fully counter the effects of the acid.

Rebooting is the game's version of coma and unconciousness for living beings. If you're sick of that, import your save and increase the rating of death, or whatever it's called, under the advanced options before reloading it. I think it's nominally set to 1. I increased it to around 2. The max is 4 or something. It's good not to fiddle with that until you're good to go in the game, as it also applies to your own guys making yourchances of death increase, not something you want starting off not simply to not die, but to increase stats beating ppl down over and over.

Deleted Member 16721

If I have a team of 18 do you think it's fine to turn that setting to 2 then? Beastro

Beastro

Arcane
If I have a team of 18 do you think it's fine to turn that setting to 2 then? Beastro

Oh yeah I had in mind like 6+. I found it a good balance between everyone dropping like flies and no one ever dying like the default is. Main thing is to have enough around to catch those with the "Dying" status in combat. When you're one, or a few guys that can end your game or result in you losing ppl too quickly to replace.

Deleted Member 16721

Oh yeah I had in mind like 6+. I found it a good balance between everyone dropping like flies and no one ever dying like the default is. Main thing is to have enough around to catch those with the "Dying" status in combat. When you're one, or a few guys that can end your game or result in you losing ppl too quickly to replace.

So what number do you recommend I set it to exactly? And any other changes I should make? I have nest spawns at 1.2 but maybe I should raise that? Please be specific, no one in my game has died yet but I lost a few limbs, I wouldn't mind a bit of a harder challenge in that regard to make sure people *almost might die* or even die here or there. Just let me know which specific numbers to change. Thanks!

Also, some areas feel pretty empty, but I'm not sure if I should increase spawns anymore because 20% is still a lot. The Skimsands were rough with a lot of Skimmers already, not sure if I would want tons more...but I'll take your recommendation there, too.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ironmonk

Augur
if you want challenge, isn't it better for you to go for more dangerous zones instead of tweaking settings?

I recommend to check the crater at southwest part of the map, full of beak things :P

Deleted Member 16721

I just like having optimal settings for a more realistic and challenging experience. It's like setting sliders in basketball simulation games, I like to get them optimal and tweaks just right. :)

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
Also, how do you make skeletons stop rebooting? Just beat them down enough like unconscious bandits until they stop for good?
The same way you kill animals that have become unconscious from their injuries.

Loot them and take/remove any item from their inventory. This will kill animals and permanently incapacitate skeletons/spiders. Doesn't work on humans and demi-humans, of course. IIRC, there are some skeletons where this doesn't work, because they only have weapons.

Beastro

Arcane
Got around to getting my team together.

Wanted to break Agnu out first, so grabbed the horde of bots to distract the army guarding him while I broke him out. Worked mroe than perfectly, they wiped everyone out, so I figured I'd loot the place and left carrying Ponk and Screamer for their bounties. That in addition to the Hold Sword and a Nodachi that I spawned with gives me 4 Meitou to start with.

Grabbed the rest of the bots, then Beep and headed off to do some adventuring. First, working up my crossbowing.

looking for more action, i put together a brand new team of scoundrels, good at nothing but wasting time and bringing trouble with them, which i promptly named "band of bothers", and settled right in the middle of blister hill and bad teeth, where the river forms a little lake. the lack of copper is severely annoying but the place is nice. and holy fuck, i had a triple raid, corpses everywhere, mounds, hills, mountains of corpses, and for this the game desperately begs for a "seen a corpse" malus as in rimworld: i want to let my aggressors know they're in a lot of trouble.
anyway, as promised i built without killbox and i have to say it's totally NOT worth it.
at first i left my walls on the lake open, waiting for swimming ducks, but the ai set on "fire on anything" just won't fire, then i built turrets on top of the buildings closest to the gate but then not all of them could fire through the gate and the friendly fire was devastating. so i built a watchtower right outside the gate but my own mercenaries keep attacking its door because they want in or out, and then once the door is open they don't move. mercenaries are cats.

Ironmonk

Augur
I just tested a good tactic to train my team.

I rebuilt an Old Stormhouse in The Hub, build some prison cells, a few beds and a skeleton repair bed... captured a Broken Skeleton and dropped him inside the Cell. With a few characters inside the house (I lock the door) and open the cell and fight the Broken Skeleton till he drops damaged, then I heal my team, put the Broken Skeleton into the repair bed and my team on normal beds, everybody heals, when the Broken Skeleton gets up and I order to attack him again... When I'm done I remove him from the bed seconds before he wakes up and put him inside his cell and finish repairing him manually (otherwise he might die, it seems).

It's pretty efficient. :cool:

Zanzoken

Arcane
Broken skeletons are the fastest and safest way to train your characters to be decent fighters. The fact that they don't take time to heal like humans do speeds things up a great deal.

Beastro

Arcane
How do you guys keep your skellies from bleeding to death? Use fists to work up attack? If so, how do you work up your weapon skills?

I bought the shack in BDC, fitted it out as a storage/heal up spot, but then realized there's a few broken guys around in ruins. Built a couple cages and then lured them to BDC so the guards could help me out beating them and their lesser buddies up. Got a couple, but they'd just repair on the beds to a certain bit, get up and run around as their oil slowly ticked down before it finally ran out.

Pissing me off too that there's a guard that won't leave my building even when I set it to private. :argh:

Ironmonk

Augur
IIRC the bleeding usually stops when they wake up from the repair bed. When you decide to stop your training session, you need to lock them on their cells and use repair kit to remove at least the "<" signal from bleeding.

My Skeleton punching bags are completely stripped (might add a heavy armor later to increase each training cycle), while my characters are equipped properly with their designated weapons.

I know that the option to kick out of the house is available for unconscious/dead characters, but don't remember if it's available for active npcs as well. Did you lock the door of the house before you start?

Beastro

Arcane
I trie that, my guys would heal them up but the bleed would continue. When I'd right click to try to heal again the Repair option wouldn't be there.

I know that the option to kick out of the house is available for unconscious/dead characters, but don't remember if it's available for active npcs as well. Did you lock the door of the house before you start?

Yep. The annoying thing is it leaves that fucking guard to aggro too, since he will not fucking leave my place idling near the ent.

Prolly gonna move my cages upstairs and build a wall at the foot of the first floor stairs to keep the bastard for interfering when I do it next.

1) where are the biggest buildings on sale? i'd like a well populated, self sufficient city to settle in. i know there's an outpost in the s-w, should be s-w of the platform, whatsitsname.

2) did i miss any ruins mods? there are entire villages on the s-w coast which desperately BEG to be rebuilt, but those ruins are not for sale. that's retarded. "the entire city is unowed, who would you be paying to?", then set the sale cost to 0 you dumbfuck.

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
Hey, let me ask before I officially begin playing. Do they feed you as a slave or do they starve you and the only way you get food is by stealing it.

Tovias

Learned
Hey, let me ask before I officially begin playing. Do they feed you as a slave or do they starve you and the only way you get food is by stealing it.
I think your hunger is locked at 150, so yo don't die but you do get hunger debuff. If you want to be properly fed for a scape, you gotta steal food.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom