Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Kenshi - open-ended sandbox RPG set in a desert world

Discussion in 'General RPG Discussion' started by GarfunkeL, Nov 2, 2009.

1. Zanzoken Prophet

Zanzoken
    That's kind of what I was leaning toward as well. Done a fair bit of exploring but never fought the Bugmaster or

Show Spoiler
    Cat-Lon
    I thought playing a bounty hunter would also be cool, getting rich and ultimately allying with the UCs.

• :M :M x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. samuraigaiden Educated

samuraigaiden
    Y'all are making this game sound so cool.

^ Top  
  3. ERYFKRAD Barbarian Patron

ERYFKRAD
    Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    It is. At least the first time around.

^ Top  
  4. Zanzoken Prophet

Zanzoken
    I started up a new game and was feeling burnt out within 15 minutes. Once you've figured out how to survive the early game -- which is trivial after you've been through it a couple times -- then all you're left with is grinding XP, research, and gear until you're strong enough for end-game content. Not a knock on the game necessarily, but after 300+ hours of playing I just can't get motivated to do it.

I may try save-game editing + mods to build a strong party from the outset. Or maybe I just need to play something else and come back to this one later. :(

^ Top  
  5. MadMaxHellfire Arcane

MadMaxHellfire
    it is. incomplete and buggy beyond human comprehension, but it is.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. toro Arcane

toro

Resist I must.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. Wyatt_Derp Educated

Wyatt_Derp
    Picked it up on the recent gog sale. Game is... bit of a challenge. Hilariously hard. First game I took my character out of town to do some peaceful copper mining and got immediately robbed and murdered by dust bandits. 2nd and 3rd plays went more or less the same. Current game I'm finally getting a small base going and have managed to survive a while. Love games like this. The world of Kenshi enjoys laughing at your efforts... a lot like ours.

• Salute Salute x 2
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    • incline incline x 1
    • Prestigious Prestigious x 1
    ^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)