Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Kenshi - open-ended sandbox RPG set in a desert world

Jinn

Arcane
looks like gothic, even the jank looks the same, but bigger world and more free world.
i am scared rn

It is nothing like Gothic. It is, however, an awesome game. Just know that there isn't a main questline or anything. You make your own story in this game.

Mebrilia the Viera Queen

And believe me you do right about getting scared plenty of stuff to be scared about.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
looks like gothic, even the jank looks the same, but bigger world and more free world.
i am scared rn

It is nothing like Gothic. It is, however, an awesome game. Just know that there isn't a main questline or anything. You make your own story in this game.
so like open world survival game, but more open, and real RPG progression? are there quests in the classical sense? or an end game of some sort?

Jinn

Arcane
so like open world survival game, but more open, and real RPG progression?

Yes

are there quests in the classical sense?

No, no quests. As far as I know.

or an end game of some sort?

Also no. Endgame is when you've established yourself firmly in the world and no one can ever fuck with you again, as far as I understand it.

If you're looking for a classic CRPG experience, this is not the game for you. If you're looking for an amazing world to explore, an excellent atmosphere, fun and rewarding character progression, survival and base building, cutting off people's limbs and watching them desperately try to crawl away as your mercenaries give them the final blow, this is a game you're looking for. In some ways I wish it could be both, but really it works well in its current form. It's a unique game for that very reason.

Mebrilia the Viera Queen

There are bounty hunter contracts you could take.. THat is similiar to questing but you won't have a quest marker and they will give you the last seen location. It will or will be not be there the target nothing is granted in this game.

Mebrilia the Viera Queen

Try it is worth it. This game is based on "Show! Don't tell!" yes you can talk with npcs too but there is a lot of hidden lore all around the place and the game is dynamic things move and evolve so each time you play it is different.

Turjan

Arcane
interesting. it's a novelty enough...
Yeah...

s7QKBgx.jpg

3XjYda0.jpg

Time to replace my still installed version from the Triassic Age, I guess.

It's amazing that this got finished.

Last edited:

Serus

Arcane
Patron
Zombra do ypu have a question or something? I don’t understand your rating.
I use
owl.png
as an "Oh my, that is shocking/surprising" when
wtfamireading.png
is inappropriate due to its negative "wtf am I reading mustawd. are you stupid or something" attitude. I was as surprised as you to learn the volume of reviews compared to PoE2's.
th

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Is something wrong with the resolution setting? I pick my normal 1080p setting but it starts with really low resolution and even the aspect ratio seems wrong.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Is something wrong with the resolution setting? I pick my normal 1080p setting but it starts with really low resolution and even the aspect ratio seems wrong.
I vaguely remember having to mess around with settings in an unexpected way to get it looking sexy, it's not just you. It was months ago; I don't remember exactly what I did.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I vaguely remember having to mess around with settings in an unexpected way to get it looking sexy, it's not just you. It was months ago; I don't remember exactly what I did.

Seems to be weird bug with some Nvidia drivers or something like that, borderless fixes the issue. And now I'm a slave to some slaver faction.

h5tebOn.png

Tovias

Learned
Started a new game with the 1.0 release, installed some mods I wanted to try so I hope nothing explodes.
hLTSHAn.png
Couple of brothers in a Holy Kingdom concentration camp, the older on the right was the most able of the duo but ended up dying due to wounds after the scape, now the younger is alone.

Deleted Member 22431

Vaporware no longer
So alongside with Grimoire, Kenshi is out of the vaporware race. Now we have Project Zomboid in the pole position, followed by Scam Citzen as a distant second. Who is going to be the winner?

Deleted Member 22431

I just bought my own shack! It's crumbling, doesn't have a door and is located in the thief's city, but it's mine. How cool is that?

:martini:

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom