Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Torment Kevin Saunders leaves inXile

StaticSpine

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Better update your Twitter profile, Chris: https://twitter.com/rangerkeenan
4xwADgY9_400x400.jpg

Looks totally numenerish. Is it not?

prodigydancer

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Except for "[company] and I have decided it is time for me..." is a very awkward phrase.
It sounds especially awkward after a successful alpha test (AFAIK everyone was happy and asking for more). Firing the guy who gets results and replacing him with the guy who was responsible for WL2? As much as I like WL2, I'll be the first to admit that from a purely technical standpoint it was an unfinished buggy mess (at launch). And the DC is rather disappointing as well.

Diablo169

Arcane
Obviously I am extremely naive in the ways of running a company. Would Inxile really be expanding to a second studio if one of their projects was struggling financially? On paper at least that sounds quite silly to me.

Whatever the case I hope Kevin finds more work easily, if that's what he needs right now.

ZoddGuts

Augur
Larian should hire him for their new studio that they open, have him as the director for their next game.

Cazzeris

Terrible news. There goes the last chance to possibly see a Kickstarter CRPG where the project director had any idea of what he was doing.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
"[company] and I have decided it is time for me" is what Chris Priestly and Stanley Woo said when Bioware convinced them to quit so they wouldn't have to pay severance. :)

Fargo pinching some pennies.

DosBuster

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Codex USB, 2014
Having had talked to Chris before I can say he is not only a very nice person, but is also one who cares about the games he makes.

Besides, we don't, and will never know the full story behind this situation so look, Adam and Colin are still in the game and still for the most part dictate the direction the game goes so I don't see reason to panic.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Adam and Colin aren't located on-site, though. The real voice for the day-to-day Saunders Legacy(tm) is probably George Ziets.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Maybe he can do something with Avellone in the future. Wishful thinking, I know.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I would expect he will be able to get a new job fast, he has skills and experience. Maybe Paradox needs a project lead for Bloodlines 2? :D

Having had talked to Chris before I can say he is not only a very nice person, but is also one who cares about the games he makes.

Besides, we don't, and will never know the full story behind this situation so look, Adam and Colin are still in the game and still for the most part dictate the direction the game goes so I don't see reason to panic.

The fact that Adam, Colin, George and Kevin were all there had been putting my mind at ease. Now with Kevin gone, there are first ripples on my ease.

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
:M Disaster in the making. :M

nqEfoMo.jpg

if he's the guy responsible with the shitty design of Wasteland 2 maps, I say good riddance and good luck to him in his future endeavours.

Fairfax

Arcane
Still upset about this. :argh:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom