Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

KickStarter Kickstarter Watch.

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by Kz3r0, Apr 4, 2012.

1. Daniel Pacheco Educated

Daniel Pacheco

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. Viata Arcane

Viata
    It could be a good game, but they were asking for too much.

^ Top  
  3. Life of the Party Magister

Life of the Party

• Participation Award Participation Award x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. Taka-Haradin puolipeikko Arcane

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  5. sstacks Arcane

sstacks
    The Lemmings over Innsmouth

• nice nice x 1
    • incline incline x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. Dexter Arcane

Dexter
    Sad that this has no chance of making it:

It's a X-COM like Turn-Based Strategy game combined with a "Who's the Werewolf/Killer" gameplay, and for some reason they started with the Multiplayer portion and are now trying to crowdfund a SinglePlayer campaign. The Multiplayer version where you can play together with/against other players in 6-player matches (where some people are the Monster and other players are trying to discover who they are and kill them or rescue civilians) was available for free on Steam last weekend and from what I've played even the gameplay seems somewhat solid, if not a bit limited.

Art and direction though is definitely top notch:

Show Spoiler

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    • A visual style inspired by ’60s fantasy and comic books. All assets are hand drawn.
    • Unique sound-processing technology with real degraded film to evoke that special retrofuturistic vibe.
    • A story campaign set in the world of I’m Not a Monster. It's just what players have been clamoring for!
    • The tangled story of first contact and the secret behind the destruction of the spaceliner Albatross, which the authorities have been covering up for years.
    [​IMG]
    • More than 10 unique and interesting characters. They aren’t all what they seem, and they aren’t all interested in being saved – and we’re not just talking about the monsters.
    • Around 20 unique locations ranging from secret compartments in the huge spaceliner, to open space, to the surface of a mysterious planet.
    • Over 10 hours of gameplay packed with paranoia, mistrust and desperate attempts to escape the doomed liner.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    First Contact tells the story of the very first interaction between humankind and extraterrestrial monsters, and uncovers the secret of the destruction of the spaceliner Albatross, which the authorities have been covering up for years.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Players should expect treachery and scheming, a cast full of colorful characters with intertwining stories, and the shocking truth behind the reason for the Kaa’raxian attacks.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    But none of it will be what you expect; we want to turn these genre clichés on their heads.

[​IMG]
    I'm not a Monster: First Contact (alfa)
    [​IMG]
    • We successfully made and released two games. So, we know what we do.
    • We have a Publisher who is also responsible for keeping Kickstarter promises.
    • I’m not a Monster: First Contact - Will use the technologies of the existing I’m Not a Monster project so we will be able to fulfill our main promise and release the project until the end of 2019.
    I’m Not a Monster is a turn-based multiplayer strategy game with randomly assigned roles. We’ve fashioned an atmosphere of mistrust and deception by combining the social elements of board games like Mafia and Werewolf with classic turn-based gameplay.

[​IMG]
    I'm not a Monster
    [​IMG]
    I'm not a Monster
    We’re also huge fans of John Carpenter’s The Thing, as well as the trappings of the original Star Trek. We worked hard to recreate the retro-futuristic style of the ’60s – and judging by the feedback, we succeeded.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    We’ve received many suggestions from our players since the launch of I’m Not a Monster. Nearly everyone has asked us to create a captivating single-player campaign based on the same gameplay.

[​IMG]
    In truth (and remember, we write nothing but the truth on Kickstarter), we’d already given this some thought when we started working on the original I’m Not a Monster multiplayer mode, and had even commenced working on it. We had a huge rough draft of the script – which kept growing and growing – as well as a pile of sketches and prototypes.

[​IMG]
    The feedback and suggestions from our fans prompted us to rethink our plans.

[​IMG]
    We want to use Kickstarter to speed up our work on I’m Not a Monster: First Contact as much as possible so we can release it in late 2019 – if not earlier!

[​IMG]
    In essence, First Contact is a full-fledged single-player mode that will be available to every owner of the original I’m Not a Monster FOR FREE.

[​IMG]

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. Life of the Party Magister

Life of the Party

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  8. Jenkem Cipher Patron

Jenkem
    Make the Codex Great Again!
  9. Taka-Haradin puolipeikko Arcane

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
    https://community.abbeygames.com/threads/some-more-info-on-that-kickstarter-campaign.85/

• Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    ADOM tabletop roleplaying game: https://www.kickstarter.com/project...dom-ancient-domains-of-mystery-roleplaying-ga

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • WTF am I reading WTF am I reading x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. udm Arcane Patron

udm
    Was all hyped up and ready to throw money until I saw the price of the GMG and PHB. Holy shit.

Edit: collectors edition of the GMG and PHB

Last edited: Jan 16, 2019
    • gimme dem dolla bills gimme dem dolla bills x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    https://www.polygon.com/2019/1/15/18184108/kickstarter-2018-stats-tabletop-video-games

• decline decline x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. Life of the Party Magister

Life of the Party
  14. Taka-Haradin puolipeikko Arcane

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  15. Belegarsson Savant Patron

Belegarsson
    I'm not really into god games but Abbey's Renowned Explorers is one of the most wonderful games I've ever played, so they get my money :love:

• nice nice x 1
    • Salute Salute x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. LESS T_T Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

LESS T_T
    Codex 2014

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. Tehdagah Arcane

Tehdagah

From the creator of Wings of Vi, one of the best platformers ever (fact).

• hopw roewur ne hopw roewur ne x 2
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. LESS T_T Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

LESS T_T
    Codex 2014
    Steven Jackson Games Kickstarter for reproductions of 80s games:

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. Jack Dandy Arcane

Jack Dandy
    Divinity: Original Sin 2
    This looks pretty cool. I might chip in, wanna get me Battlesuit...

^ Top  
  20. Zombra Arcane Patron

Zombra
    Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    Y'all don't still have yours? :)

^ Top  
  21. `Hellion Arbiter

`Hellion
    • Brofist Brofist x 2
    • :M :M x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. PulsatingBrain Arcane Patron

PulsatingBrain
    • nice nice x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. Life of the Party Magister

Life of the Party

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  24. Taka-Haradin puolipeikko Arcane

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

^ Top  
  25. Taka-Haradin puolipeikko Arcane

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)