Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kickstarter Watch.

skuphundaku

Economic devastator, Mk. 11
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2 My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Duh, after last update I finally backed Blackspace for 20 dorrah. It is my 11th game I am backing and probably the first one that will not make it :(. The only problem is that it may end up with the shallow story-line focusing on "tower defense" type of gameplay.

If only they were not so dumb. They should have mentioned Homeworld as one of the main inspirations, assuring that they will be delivering great story, and they would get a buckets of gold.

EDIT::

I have a feeling these guys (both Blackspace and Nexus 2) misjudged their low-level tiers (and total goals, I guess - though they probably know better how much money they need to make a game of certain scope). They basically ask 20$ for the basic game. Now, remember that, e.g., Banner Saga - a game that'd already had a press at that time (announced like half a year before kickstarter), and from ex-Biowarians (another bonus) - put the basic game for just 10$. Only after their success they started to play arround (saying that it will be trilogy and by pledging 50$+ or similar, you get the other parts for free). Still they were advertising Banner Saga 1 as a full game 20 - 30h of content.
Suddenly, these guys want the double bucks for the entry level tier (save for early-bird) o_O. I mean Nexus, while great, was a niche game. And they want 650k. Blackspace is also from unknown guys (xcept for working in EA blabla).
Space games do not seem to do as well as, e.g., cRPGs in Kickstarter (remember Skyjacker - promising Freespace clone? - well, they didn't make it and they asked for like 350k). Add to it, that these are not the very early days of kickstarter, so pledgers have got their heads much cooler nowadays.
Yet, they are putting those unrealistic goals for themselves...
I sent them some interview questions (with help from Crooked Bee and Trash) and they haven't got back to me yet, after more than a week. I think that they have already given up trying. Blackspace had some interesting promise, although I agree with you that it may have ended up with the shallow story-line focusing on "tower defense" type of gameplay. Well, too bad. Another one joins the ranks of failed KS realistic games (alongside TorchShips and Ground Branch). As for Nexus 2, I loved Nexus, and I pledged to Nexus 2, but with a $650k funding goal for a very niche game (even more niche than old-school RPGs), I labeled them dead in the water from the start. Again, too bad...

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I'm honestly surprised she hasn't managed to vomit out one shitty video. It's not like it can be much work. Still 150k buys a lot of blow and hookers.

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
Pierre Begue should finally do Kickstarter for Knights of the Chalice 2 since Kickstarter is opening for the uk residents.

skuphundaku

Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2 My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
It's even more important than that because, by way of the UK, many other EU-based developers could just take a quick trip to the UK and open a bank account there, without the hassles of visas and stuff like that, and with much lower travel costs (like it was the case of opening a bank account in the US). I predict a flood of Europe-based projects in the near future.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
It's even more important than that because, by way of the UK, many other EU-based developers could just take a quick trip to the UK and open a bank account there, without the hassles of visas and stuff like that, and with much lower travel costs (like it was the case of opening a bank account in the US). I predict a flood of Europe-based projects in the near future.
I think it will still be worth the effort to get a US account and use the standard kickstarter, or you'll lose access to the "kwans who are confused by foreign currency" market.

Kz3r0

Arcane
BRO, I hope you get back to us, but if you don't, nice knowing you and best of luck in all your endeavors!

Thank you for the nice words.

:eek: Why so dramatic?
Simply because certain things are not settle down yet, actually they will probably do to the beginning of the next year, for the better or the worse.

The Union of Codex does not look favorably on those who leave her behind comrade Kz3r0, even a great man can become a traitor. Remember that.
Reporting:salute: for duty.
:love:
I hope everything is all right.
Just some change due to circumstances out of my control.
At DwarvenFood
:bro:
Hope everything is OK Kz3r0. Come back to us soon.

Cheers bro thanks for this thread. Hope to see you back here in due time.
Thank you.
In due time I will adjourn this thread.

Hello everyone!

Please include us to the listing - we are young indie team, and we need some support and love.

We are developing aventure/quest ARPG in hard sci-fi genre, named Divine Space. Currently, we are launched on Kickstarter - 40 days to go, 5,6% gathered at the moment.

Brief game description:

Divine Space is a hard science fiction space game in the genre of adventure/quest ARPG, with real-time combat and action set in the future. It as a mix of the spirits of such games as Star Control, Elite, and Space Rangers; this is simple gameplay comparable to Dark Orbit, with excellent, up-to-date three-dimensional graphics somehow comparable to Eve Online.

The action of the game takes place in a universe resembling our real world as much as possible: stars are located just where they actually are. We had to spend several months developing actual astronomical data and building a universe based on them. After playing Divine Space, you will know once and for all where the sun is located in our corner of the universe, which stars are closest to us, what their spectral classes are, planets... and much more.

However, this in no way converts the game into a boring educational manual. Battles, trading, travel, explorations, figuring out secrets, and surprising discoveries await gamers in the Divine Space universe.

Hope that we will get listed and earn your attention! Dear members, would be great to have your recomendations for putting us to the list.

Please ask away if you have any questions. I'd make a dedicated thread with some good art and descriptions if it would be allowed, too.

Game site
Gameplay video

Take care,
- Anti

skuphundaku

Patron
Hello everyone!

Please include us to the listing - we are young indie team, and we need some support and love.

We are developing aventure/quest ARPG in hard sci-fi genre, named Divine Space. Currently, we are launched on Kickstarter - 40 days to go, 5,6% gathered at the moment.

Brief game description:

Divine Space is a hard science fiction space game in the genre of adventure/quest ARPG, with real-time combat and action set in the future. It as a mix of the spirits of such games as Star Control, Elite, and Space Rangers; this is simple gameplay comparable to Dark Orbit, with excellent, up-to-date three-dimensional graphics somehow comparable to Eve Online.

The action of the game takes place in a universe resembling our real world as much as possible: stars are located just where they actually are. We had to spend several months developing actual astronomical data and building a universe based on them. After playing Divine Space, you will know once and for all where the sun is located in our corner of the universe, which stars are closest to us, what their spectral classes are, planets... and much more.

However, this in no way converts the game into a boring educational manual. Battles, trading, travel, explorations, figuring out secrets, and surprising discoveries await gamers in the Divine Space universe.

Hope that we will get listed and earn your attention! Dear members, would be great to have your recomendations for putting us to the list.

Please ask away if you have any questions. I'd make a dedicated thread with some good art and descriptions if it would be allowed, too.

Game site
Gameplay video

Take care,
- Anti
I was thinking about you guys, but given that Kz3r0 (the guy that started this thread) went away for a while, there was nobody to update the OP anymore... Luckily for everybody, Kz3r0 resurfaced a few days ago, so he may find some time to update the OP.

Aeschylus

Swindler
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
I'm not sure if this has been posted here yet, haven't noticed it.

So, the guy behind Wing Commander has returned and is trying to crowdfund a space... thing called Squadron 42, or Star Citizen or something. It's not using Kickstarter as far as I can tell, but rather their own crowdfunding platform. It's located at http://www.robertsspaceindustries.com/.

I won't make any pre-judgements on it, but they're asking for a ton of money ($2 million), and a lot of the rewards for donating are in-game things. Probably not something I will support personally, but I can see it having a lot of appeal.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
I'm not sure if this has been posted here yet, haven't noticed it.

So, the guy behind Wing Commander has returned and is trying to crowdfund a space... thing called Squadron 42, or Star Citizen or something. It's not using Kickstarter as far as I can tell, but rather their own crowdfunding platform. It's located at http://www.robertsspaceindustries.com/.

I won't make any pre-judgements on it, but they're asking for a ton of money ($2 million), and a lot of the rewards for donating are in-game things. Probably not something I will support personally, but I can see it having a lot of appeal.

http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/chris-roberts-new-game-to-be-announced-soon.75932/

They apparently are too good for KS (10% of profits going to KS and Amazon, and servers that do not crash) was too much for them.

Destroid

Arcane
That's rather astonishing.

I guess a large part of that is down to the very high graphical quality on display in the video.

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
One of the best pitchvideos I've seen but I'm not surprised, he probably learned a lot about pitching and getting into the audiences while working in the film producing.

Thank you for including Divine Space into the list, guys!
I hope to see some of you joining our crew - something is coming our way, and we need more soldiers. Someone have to take care of our cannons!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom