Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

kickstarter you most regret (giving money to)

most regret

• Pillars of Eternity

Votes: 33 28.0%
  • Wasteland 2

Votes: 18 15.3%
  • Underworld Ascendant

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Torment: Tides of Numenera

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Divinity: Original Sin

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • The Banner Saga

Votes: 6 5.1%
  • Bard's Tale IV

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Star Citizen

Votes: 7 5.9%
  • Tropes vs. Women in Video Games

Votes: 16 13.6%
  • Other (Please Specify)

Votes: 34 28.8%

• Total voters

Somberlain

Arcane
Zionist Agent
I didn't give money to any Kickstarter but I bought WL2, PoE and D:OS after they were released.

-Boreland 2 had its highlights but most of the game is a banal shit boring slogfest

-Pillars of Shitternity is a crime against mankind and betrayal of all things Codexian

-Divinity: Original Sin has great combat but everything else is meh or shit, kinda like TOEE

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
No Star Citizen?

What kind of shit poll is this? Also I would like multiple votes. All of them for Star Citizen.

Winslow

Novice
Patron
Wasteland 2, I knew I wasn't going to enjoy it after they released the first mockup screenshot and it wasn't in 2D.

Tigranes

Arcane
I gave too much money to WL2 out of enthusiasm, but in general, I stopped backing after Torment, so there's few regrets.

pippin

Star Citizen is on a league on its own, like 13k GBP for the most expensive packages. You could buy a real car with that money.

Achiman

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
Serpent in the staglands. Game is too slow and the art style (pixel shit is cool guys) got irritating fast.

Other two kickstarters I should have known better, but I apparently had money to waste.

Treachery in beatdown city - looks like it's vapourware

Cosmic star Heroine (they said it would be like chrono trigger, don't judge). Taking longer than Hl3 for what they are delivering.

agentorange

Arcane
Patron
rpghq (cant read codex pms cuz of fag 2fa)
Codex 2012
Who the hell added Tropes vs. Women in Video Games? That's not a video game and it doesn't deserve any recognition. Please remove it. It makes the poll seem like some dumbass gamergate shit. (nice passive aggressive way to try and discredit this thread so you can send it to retardoland)

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Banner Saga. The devs came to the Codex and talked about how they would expand the inventory & equipment system with more money... then went "WE GET ORCHESTRA!!!!!" when the monies arrived. Douches.

I also kinda regret backing W2 and Broken Age, but eventually I sold their physical boxes & goddies for more monies than I paid, so whatever...

polo

Magister
It isn't an RPG, i didn't even pledge on it but Star citizen? LOLZ.
Also, insomnia right now its suspicious.
PoE i kind of regret because game was bad, but i still have some hopes for Obisidian, so i don't regret it that much tbh.

Serpent in the Staglands Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Broken Age without a doubt. I was disappointed in several of the other kickstarters I gave money to, but at least they seemed to actually try to make what they said they would make, instead of just taking the money for an "old-school adventure game" and making some shit for the lead dev's daughter.

Leitz

Learned
I have never given any money to anything pre-release since I did for Cortex Command. I learned early.

Starwars

Arcane
Of the ones released, I've pretty much enjoyed all of them so far a fair bit.

I guess I regret That Which Sleeps since it's looking pretty vapourware-ish. Even then, I was pretty much in for the minimum tier to get the game which was probably not much so hard to say that I care all that much.

SausageInYourFace

Angelic Reinforcement
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
I backed Project Resurgence, the inclusive Kickstarter where you can play a non-binary black transgender hero with whatever preferred pronoun, if you so desire.

Not sure why I did it, maybe it is because I identify as a non-binary black transgender person.

Last edited:

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Only backed one, then my financial situation went so low in this decade I got no money for such trivial shit like kicktarder.
And that game was WL2. Dropped fast, tested DC version when it comes out and, what you know, still shit.
I played dozen rusian RPGs but WL2 is worse. It's THAT bad.

Lhynn

Arcane
I backed Project Resurgence, the inclusive Kickstarter where you can play a no-binary black transgender hero with whatever preferred pronoun, if you so desire.

Not sure why I did it, maybe it is because I identify as a non-binary black transgender person.
Gotta love the "accessibility" stretch goal. "you unlock the wheels of your car".
Other than that it looks decent, whats the problem with it?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom