Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Killer-Fucking-7 coming to STEAM

Ash

Arcane

:what:

I won't judge as I haven't played it, but I strongly suspect the developers were on some pretty hard drugs. Ivan summary of this game's qualities?

Ivan

Arcane

:what:

I won't judge as I haven't played it, but I strongly suspect the developers were on some pretty hard drugs. Ivan summary of this game's qualities?

Killer 7 is a hodgepodge of ideas: literally on-rail movement with branching paths leading to different rooms, some puzzle solving requiring the use of one of 7 character's abilities, a damn enticing storyline, great music, it's a beautiful mess. The less you know about the better, IMO.

Latro

Arcane
Killer 7 is partially half-baked, there's a significant plot-line that couldn't make it into the game. Read "Hand in Killer 7" to see a full run-down on it.

I think Suda51 is the best writer in the industry right now, even better than MCA.

Jacob

Pronouns: Nick/Her
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Killer is desu was the only suda51's game i ever played. It's forgetable if not for the dating sim parts. And a character with a Nico Robin power.

Latro

Arcane
Killer is desu was the only suda51's game i ever played. It's forgetable if not for the dating sim parts. And a character with a Nico Robin power.
No More Heroes 1, Killer 7, Silver Case series and Flower, Sun, and Rain are the one he's intimately involved with, the rest are "pulp" projects to fill out the company's portfolio.

but hey, everyone's gotta have a few duds

DexRiwus

Novice
Killer 7 is partially half-baked, there's a significant plot-line that couldn't make it into the game. Read "Hand in Killer 7" to see a full run-down on it.

I think Suda51 is the best writer in the industry right now, even better than MCA.
Is he? Killer 7 is his best story and it is not nearly as good as Planescape is. He is able to conjure top-notch art-direction, gameplay mechanics (sometimes) and characters, but his stories are just 'decent'.

Latro

Arcane
Is he? Killer 7 is his best story and it is not nearly as good as Planescape is. He is able to conjure top-notch art-direction, gameplay mechanics (sometimes) and characters, but his stories are just 'decent'.
Personally, I don't care much about plot.

flyingjohn

Arcane
Suda games excel at two things: Music and art style.Everything else is solid to mediocre compared to other games in the genre.
His writing ability is sketchy at best(his visual novels are just boring) to wacky(almost all suda games post visual novel/twilight series).

Latro

Arcane
Suda games excel at two things: Music and art style.Everything else is solid to mediocre compared to other games in the genre.
Like?

He has written far more memorable characters than Tarantino ever did, and he's an extremely competent scriptwriter. Silver Case impressed me with how it was able to convey the same sort of action and pacing as any of his action-y 3d games...be more specific.
What do you mean by wacky?

flyingjohn

Arcane
Like?

He has written far more memorable characters than Tarantino ever did, and he's an extremely competent scriptwriter. Silver Case impressed me with how it was able to convey the same sort of action and pacing as any of his action-y 3d games...be more specific.
What do you mean by wacky?
By wacky i mean compare the tone of something like the silver case and no more heroes,lollipop chainsaw and killer is dead.I mean i know they are different genres,but when was the last time he made anything resembling the tone of his older works.

Starwars

Arcane
Killer 7 looks and sounds cool but that's about it. It's a pretty shit game otherwise, but it was good to score "I like edgy strange games" points back when it was released.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom