Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed King Arthur II : Katawa Legions

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Also, I like how the full game really does make a pretty good impression of the 'greatest tale of chivalry ending'.

Sir Galahad is a giant fanatical dick. Sir Lancelot turns out to be far from the virtuous exemplar he seems. Merlin is all like 'shit, something went horribly ronk'. The knights of the round table are massive asshole that leave their king for whatever reasons. P. cool.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Chapter 11: Battle for the Forge

The Statue of Jupiter can provide periodical spell bombardment and is a critical point. It'll probably decide whether we lose a hundred or more men in this fight. It's a good thing we start close to it. Our cavalry can get there easily.

01.jpg

02.jpg

The rain will impact most units. Archers range are cut by half. While heavy infantry and cavalry move and deals less damage. Light infantry suffer the least impact.

03.jpg

Sending our fast cavalry to the flank seems like our best bet. Three to the left, while we use one to cap the points.

04.jpg

Everything went according to plan. Invoking the statue's power, we knock the capping Warg's down to 2/3 strength.

05.jpg

The three Sulla cavalry cavalry arrived at the same time at the second ruins. It's going to be a battle with the wargs.

06.jpg

I don't think we should lose here...cavalry is a better unit on paper than wargs.

07.jpg

08.jpg

Also, having a lucky streak with the lightning bolts, blasting the advancing column with a second one.

09.jpg

That's when I engaged them in the open. Only to leave a tiny gap for the vikings to exploit.

10.jpg

Let's hope our spear and cavalry units can make it in time to cover the gap.

11.jpg

Septimus should be able to lay the beatdown fast enough on the front. Everything looks great, if we exclude the gap.

12.jpg

Our army is crushing the savages from all sides.

13.jpg

Except we can't make it in time to cover the archers.

14.jpg

Septimus blasted the remnants with ice to speed things up.

15.jpg

Enemy closing in on our fleeing archers.

16.jpg

We squeezed another bolt and brought his unit strength down from 80 to 12. Ouch!

17.jpg

Septimus frees himself from the fight and cast a slow spell on the second heavy infantry column that is pursuing the archers.

18.jpg

Unlike cleave and freeze, this spell takes time to cast and can only be used when outside combat.

19.jpg

It did the trick and the 80 strong heavy infantry gave up the chase. We have another twist, however, when they captured the abandoned statue.

20.jpg

That's right, they blasted our fleeing archers with a bolt. Dammit!

21.jpg

Other than that...everything went according to plan.

22.jpg

And our reward is some gold, and three pieces of artifacts. Perfect. We can use these to test out the forge. It's basically a horadric cube. You start off with one item as the TYPE you want to make. If you want to make a sword, use a sword on that slot etc. Then the primary and secondary affects the sort of bonuses you'll get on the end product. Horadric Cube should be like this IMO.

23.jpg

I manage to experiment and make two combo artifacts this time:
24.jpg

25.jpg

That's 3% HP every 5 Seconds. Sweet deal.
Once the artifact business is done, we settle down for the winter...and resupply our army. 664 gold? That's cheap.

26.jpg

Before we end this update, here's a decision to make:

27.jpg

More chance to troll Caracallas IMO.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Also, fun fact from the endgame: a single Angel squad can wipe out the whole enemy army if you manage to get rid of its archers beforehand. So ridiculously OP, this is like HoMM3 taken to the extreme.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Chapter 12 : Southern Raiders

sep.jpg
We will tolerate no black magics in our realm. The Messala Family should know better not to trust strangers especially in such troubled times. Let the Sentinels have them.
01.jpg

leg.jpg
That really set back relations with the Messala quite a bit.
sep.jpg
Ah Pompeius, always the foolish one. Funny how easy he forgot our deeds... No matter.

Another season pass, and New Rome is in turmoil once again...

02.jpg

sep.jpg
Sounds like a mission for us.
03.jpg

A group of soldiers are wreaking havoc on the countryside, led by a robber knight from the south. If Septimus can destroy this army, he will reap massive rewards from the Senate.

04.jpg

05.jpg

The weather's not cooperating. It's fogged. Sight range is reduced to 60%. And shooting range is halved. On top of that, Cavalry and Heavy Infantries gain 20% damage and defense penalty - god knows why mere fog affect their steel armor.

06.jpg

The plan is simple. There's no point of interest to capture. It's a straightforward slug out. We'll set a line near the forests and have our heavy infantry meet them in the open. Cavalry will flank from the right, while the light infantry will take the left.

07.jpg

A habit of the enemy hero is to cast magic shield before engaging.

08.jpg

They move faster than I thought. Our line is barely assembled. Time to call the cavalry.

09.jpg

With a little pausing and unpausing, the line is finally assembled and we can engage them neatly.

10.jpg

Septimus enjoys a nice cleaving time.

11.jpg

The enemy knight isn't faring well. He got sandwiched by my legions.

12.jpg

Everything should be - hm? What's this?

13.jpg

Why is my cavalry dying?

14.jpg

Archers? But isn't the weather fogged?

15.jpg

Unfucking believable, the weather changed to day. Who cast the spell? Did they put in real time weather or something? It caught me off guard and cost me precious cavalry...

16.jpg

Damn. At least the gold will help cover the losses.

Later that day...
22.jpg

leg.jpg
Milord, news from the Sentinel front...I believe recent events have enabled us to tighten our diplomatic relations.
sep.jpg
Do tell.
20.jpg

sep.jpg
The Order of Sentinels could be of assistance when we engage magickal creatures. ..but I am not sure what sort of tribute should we give...
leg.jpg
May I recommend the finest steed from the Quintus stables?
sep.jpg
Let me think about it some more. Is there anything else?
leg.jpg
Our spies have found something within the Sentinels territory.
17.jpg

sep.jpg
Interesting. Informing them would a be a straightforward gesture...but I'm sure we deserve something in return...
leg.jpg
I leave the decision to you, Milord. There is...another matter of the Brigantine tribes, just north of the Sentinels.
23.jpg

sep.jpg
What of these savages?
21.jpg

leg.jpg
We could actually purchase these slaves and set them free as a form of goodwill with the Brigantine.
sep.jpg
I don't even see why I should care about this. But let me think about it. The Messalas would not appreciate us liberating slaves.
leg.jpg
Understood. One final matter...are you still fine with bringing our army into the Messalas arena event?
18.jpg

sep.jpg
Of course...but we'll leave it for later...

There's plenty of decision to make on this update.
1. A gift for the Sentinels, what should it be?
2. The Ancient Sentinel Ruins, do we tell them outright?
3. Should we even care about the captured Brigantes?
4. And finally, how shall we conduct ourselves in the arena? Do we participate in the fight? Or simply bet on fighters? If we choose to do either one, will we participate honorably or not?

19.jpg

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Ooo, choices! Will there be consequences too p'raps?
1: B Buy them a steed, sucking up to both them and Quintus
2: C Tell them about the site, but get them to give you some loot in return
3: B What do we care about some savages? We've trolled the Messala enough for now
4: B of course the Sulla soldiers should participate.. M: And commander Shepard Sulla would have them use every trick in the book to win. Even if they have to add a few pages of their own to said book. :bro:

Hirato

Purse-Owner
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
1. Buy a steed
2. Tell them about it and ask for some loot in return.
3. I'm on the fence about this one.... If they brigantes will make a good ally, free the slaves, otherwise don't.
4. FIGHT! Win at all costs!

lightbane

Arcane
Ooo, choices! Will there be consequences too p'raps?
1: B Buy them a steed, sucking up to both them and Quintus
2: C Tell them about the site, but get them to give you some loot in return
3: B What do we care about some savages? We've trolled the Messala enough for now
4: B of course the Sulla soldiers should participate.. M: And commander Shepard Sulla would have them use every trick in the book to win. Even if they have to add a few pages of their own to said book. :bro:

I concur with everything this gentleman said. Same choices.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Sentinels are a new faction?

bloody roman inquisition

The Sentinels were introduced in the Fallen Champions expansion for the first game. They are p much an order of witch-hunter knights that run around in the north, hunting down Sidhe and other practitioners of pagan/black magic like pict shamans or daemons.

Did they put in real time weather or something?

Yup. They did.

Also, same choices as Azira.

Mrowak

Arcane
Project: Eternity
1. Buy a steed
2. Tell the them about it and ask for some loot in return.
3. I'm on the fence about this one.... If they brigantes will make a good ally, free the slaves, otherwise don't.
This, please.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
In related news, Darth Roxor has just 'finished' the full game.

And by 'finished', I mean, I got to the very very last quest and encountered a gamebreaking bug.

:rage: :rage: :rage:

The devs are 'currently aware of the issue and it will be addressed soon'

:rage: :rage: :rage:

The whole game is full of bugs, btw, and while most of them have been fixed, I couldn't use the patches 'cuz I was playing piratey version.

BUT! I ordered the game in my fav potato shoppe a few days ago. The potato release was supposed to be 24th feb.

BUT2! today I read it was pushed back into March and I won't be able to play the properly 'full' version for God knows how long

:rage: :rage: :rage: :rage: :rage: :rage:

Lindblum

Augur
1. Buy a steed
2. Tell the them about it and ask for some loot in return. Why risk our men?
3. The Sulla family is a just and generous family! Also trolling is an art form best to keep improving it!

Erebus

Arcane
1 : Do we have a weapon that's not that useful to us ? If not, buy a steed.

2 : Ask for half of the treasure.

3 : I have no idea how useful it might be to improve our relations with the Brigantes. Let's not waste our money.

4 : Take part in the fight. Behave honorably... unless we're absolutely sure we won't get caught.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom