Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed King Arthur II : Katawa Legions

lightbane

Arcane
The Fae are fickle creatures. Therefore, they cannot be trusted. Conquer.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Chapter 29: Just a little more...

sep.jpg
Let them go in peace. Make sure you thank them for their assistance.
val.jpg
Very well, Septimus.
01.jpg

pub.jpg
That leaves us with the Fomorian province.
02.jpg

sep.jpg
We cannot negotiate with those kind. Prepare my army.
pub.jpg
At once, milord.

The officers leave Septimus' quarters. Septimus rose from his seat and quietly makes his way to his wife's chambers. She stood there, eyes unblinking, towards the afternoon sky.

his.jpg
Naevia.

She turns around at the mention of her name and nods.

his.jpg
I'm leaving soon, my love.
lil.jpg
Yes, Septimus.

Septimus gave her a farewell hug. He broke the hug to don his helmet, but was stopped by a sudden warm touch on his face.

Music: United We Stand

his.jpg
Naevia?
29.jpg

Her porcelain white fingers traces the contour of his face, before finally stopping on his right cheek. Silently, she undoes her black ribbon and ties it on Septimus' right wrist.

lil.jpg
Septimus. Please, give this back to me.
04.jpg

his.jpg
Naevia...I...I shall return soon. Do not worry.

Septimus dons his helmet as they broke the kiss.

sep.jpg
I promise we won't be apart once this is over.

The Sulla army marches onward...

03.jpg

04.jpg

Scores of demon-kin stands in their way. Three armies in all stands between them and complete control of Northern Britain.

05.jpg

sep.jpg
Glory awaits us! Death welcomes them! CHARGE!
06.jpg

Sulla Heavy Cavalry prepares to ride towards the sides of the oncoming army as the flying talonkins were shot down from the skies.

07.jpg

sep.jpg
They've got forest cover! Pull back and await my signal!

The Sulla Legion do as their told, the Undying Legion shrugging off the oncoming arrows with barely a shout of pain.

08.jpg

sep.jpg
They're out of the forests! NOW! Advance!
09.jpg

The thundering hooves of the Sulla cavalry starts the finale.

10.jpg

Scores of demons in all shapes and sizes charges forth, only to be met with undying determination and steel.

11.jpg

Septimus' cold magic disabled scores at once.

12.jpg

The brave Publius Carbo leads the charge as well.

13.jpg

Storm rages, nullifying any archer advantages.

14.jpg

The Wolfbreed trasnforms as they defeated another infantry. Their beastial form gaining an increase of speed and ferocity.

15.jpg

16.jpg

The Balor army is swept aside.

17.jpg

sep.jpg
That's one down. Two more to go. Send the assassins after the giant leader.
18.jpg

val.jpg
Alas, they've failed.
sep.jpg
Doesn't matter. Let us attack!
19.jpg

Time is of the essence. Every 200 seconds spent, means an additional hell spawn emerge from the gates.

20.jpg

The Sulla army needs to cast away all caution and strike.

21.jpg

A dead man's crossing through the river, followed with a frontal assault.

22.jpg

sep.jpg
Archers! OPEN FIRE! LEGIONS, FORM THE WALLS! DO NOT FALL BEHIND!

23.jpg

It was chaotic, the Sulla archers tried their best, but they simply could not deal with the winged beasts before they descend upon the archers themselves.

24.jpg

val.jpg
We're about to lose our archers.
sep.jpg
It can't be helped. The giants are priority. Cavalry! INTERCEPT!
25.jpg

The three unit strong cavalry smashes at the advancing giants, but the massive foes remain standing. It will take a
while to overwhelm them.

26.jpg

sep.jpg
Their archers are still alive! Drive swords through their heart!

Meanwhile, the flanking Celeres Light cavalry makes its way to seal the hell gates.

27.jpg

sep.jpg
Good, now we grind our way to victory!

28.jpg

The Sulla archers are doomed.

29.jpg

Publius Carbo takes on the Giant leader.

sep.jpg
Publius! Stand strong!
pub.jpg
Septimus! We need something to deal with the archers!
30.jpg

sep.jpg
I'm on it!

Gritting his teeth, Septimus grabs Hadrian's Wreath and invoked its terrible power of the Crimson Mist.

31.jpg

The engulfed demon archers fell dead in seconds.

32.jpg

The Sulla archers were wiped out. The winged beasts no longer have any soft flesh to devour. Septimus Sulla casts a freezing spell to shatter the remaining beasts before they can do more damage.

33.jpg

34.jpg

The Sulla army completely lost its archers in their second battle.

35.jpg

The Sullas are too deep within the enemy territory to retreat, and the third Balor army beckons.

36.jpg

sep.jpg
This is it! We'll finish this here!
37.jpg

In the snowy plains, three Shadowy shrines will bear witness to the Balor's final charge.

38.jpg

sep.jpg
We need to remove their archer advantage! I shall invoke the Crimson Mist!
39.jpg

The enemy rains lightning bolts as the Crimson Mist absorbs the Sulla's Magic Shield.

40.jpg

But the Dead Legion holds fast.

41.jpg

And the enemy is soon overwhelmed.

42.jpg

43.jpg

44.jpg

sep.jpg
Well done, my Legion!
pub.jpg
We've lost a lot of good men today. But we now hold the whole northern provinces.
val.jpg
Do not forget the threat of the Picts...we must return to Hadrian's Wall and gather our strength to meet them head on. This time, you will not fall, Septimus.
sep.jpg
Yes, my friend. I shan't.

Winter passes, final preparations are made...

45.jpg

sep.jpg
Yes, my Emperor.

Septimus tightened the black ribbon on his right wrist. He did not return to Eboracum after that Balor campaign, but surely Naevia would understand. There is much at stake here. Once the Picts are beaten back, he will always be by her side. Those blue eyes ...they will shine even brighter.

val.jpg
Milord.
sep.jpg
Yes, Valerius?
val.jpg
They come.

Music: Strength of a Thousand Men

46.jpg

01.jpg

pub.jpg
Commander, give me the word, and I shall charge with my retainers. The archers will then rain a thousand arrows upon my enemies, till none remains.
sep.jpg
No. Publius, do not be reckless.
pub.jpg
We've no choice Septimus! There's no end to their onslaught!
sep.jpg
Emperor's Will preserve us.
had.jpg
Septimus. I hear you.
02.jpg

sep.jpg
Scores of soldiers have given their lives here. Isn't that enough?
03.jpg

sep.jpg
If that is the price of keeping the province safe...I offer my own blood.
04.jpg

sep.jpg
No, that is madness! There has to be another way!
05.jpg

sep.jpg
A body to inhabit?
had.jpg
You cannot win this without sacrifices! So CHOOSE! I will lead this war myself if I have to, or you will spill the blood of the innocents for the Greater Good!
sep.jpg
...the price...is...

Septimus removes his helm and gaze at his surroundings, scores of his men, both mortal and ghosts held the line, just barely as waves and waves of Pict hordes crashed against their defenses. Another legion is trapped and is being decimated slowly by arrows and blades. Thousands more approach beyond the walls. His eyes caught sight of the black ribbon on his right wrist. He will have to choose. What will be his sacrifice?

his.jpg
Naevia...

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
EEEEPIICCCCC.

I say sacrifice Septimus. He wasn't meant to be alive anyway.

Are we past the option to sacrifice people from Caracalla province? :smug:

If so, then Sheptimus seems to be an hero type - I say go with sacrificing himself.

Bonus r00fle points if after possession the emperor sacrifices people anyway. :lol:

That's a tough one...

But he doesn't seem the type to break a promise to his wife. And unleashing the Emps does seem like the worst option. So... sacrifice random victims I suppose.

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Yeah, Maximus Decimus Meridius Septimus Sulla will do whatever he can to be reunited with the woman he loves. Sacrifice the peons. :smug:

RK47

Patron
Final Chapter: The Final Sacrifice

Music: Undying Love

sep.jpg
If that is the price of victory, then so be it. Give me a moment.
had.jpg
You are making the right choice, Septimus...
sep.jpg
Publius!
pub.jpg
Yes, milord!

Septimus unbind the black ribbon on his right wrist. It took him several attempts, but he finally succeeded on removing the small little significant thing.

had.jpg
What are you doing, Septimus?
sep.jpg
Give this back to Naevia. Tell her I am sorry.
pub.jpg
W-what?
sep.jpg
Promise me that you'll do it!

Septimus presses the ribbon hard on Publius' open palm, only letting go when his comrade tighten his grip around it.

pub.jpg
I'll do it. But I swear you will not fall this day, Septimus!
sep.jpg
I won't, I'll die standing.
had.jpg
So, you've made your choice...
sep.jpg
This life of mine was lost and returned to me once by you...I owe you a debt, and it's time I repay it.
had.jpg
Very well, Septimus! Close your eyes and begin the ritual!
01.jpg

had.jpg
Well done, Septimus! You are worthy!
02.jpg

03.jpg

sep.jpg
So this is my final battle...
04.jpg

05.jpg

sep.jpg
Legions, rally me!
06.jpg

sep.jpg
Dark beasts pours forth from the north, threatening Eboracum once more. We've beaten them back in the past, yet still they come...
07.jpg

sep.jpg
This time, they will not return! We will purge their pitiful existence from our land and seal Hadrian's Wall in the name of Emperor!
sep.jpg
I, Septimus Sulla, will hold the line! Publius, Valerius! Secure the Caracalla's keep! Now!
08.jpg

pub.jpg
val.jpg
Your will be done! Legions! Attack!
09.jpg

sep.jpg
Come! Witness the might of Sulla!
10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

sep.jpg
Fall! My Legions, you've sacrificed enough! Stand back and I shall protect you! Archers, do not hesitate! FIRE UPON ME!
13.jpg

val.jpg
What is Septimus doing? He's too reckless!
pub.jpg
We need to hurry if we want to come to his aid, the giants have already broken past the keep's front door!
14.jpg

15.jpg

sep.jpg
This is nothing! More!
16.jpg

sep.jpg
MORE I say!
17.jpg

pub.jpg
Quickly, finish them off!
val.jpg
The Colossus! It's moving!
18.jpg

19.jpg

pub.jpg
Good! Now we go to Septimus!

A second wave of the Picts come, this time they've brought archers, and some spilled forth, ignoring Septimus completely.

20.jpg

21.jpg

Flying beasts descend upon the Sulla archers, tearing them apart.

sep.jpg
You will pay for that! CRIMSON MIST!
22.jpg

23.jpg

pub.jpg
Septimus, we're coming!

The momentum of the Colossus and cavalry charge paved the way for victory, the tides are turning!

24.jpg

Hundreds, no thousands of Picts lay dead at Septimus' feet as he cleaved one after another, drenching himself in the blood of his enemies! The darkness is cleansed before him, only a lone enemy commander charged at the Sulla army.

25.jpg

The last of the savages is swallowed by the Undying Legion, the Wall is safe, the Legion is victorious!

26.jpg

27.jpg

sep.jpg
We've done it...

Septimus felt his consciousness slipping away, his vision grew darker by the moments as he toss away his arms. He gazed at his blood-soaked hands as he drew his last breath.

his.jpg
Naevia...I'm sorry, my love. My hands...are too stained to hold you.
28.jpg

The last sensation he felt was a slap on his bloodied back.

pub.jpg
I told you I shan't let you fall!
val.jpg
All hail Septimus Sulla! All hail!
pub.jpg
All hail the Emperor of New Rome!
val.jpg
ALL HAIL-

The Legions cheered as one...yet when their Emperor did not acknowledge them at the fifth cheer, they stopped.

pub.jpg
Septimus?
val.jpg
No...
pub.jpg
This cannot be...

Publius called his Emperor's name once more...and burst into tears when it came to naught. New Rome has lost its Emperor at its greatest hour.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
You are so ridiculously good at LPs, RK47, That was epic. Well-written. Salute!

Pretty bad ending though. Guess we picked wrong. Or is every ending pretty much bad?

Welp, that ending didn't make much sense, except 'herp derp game needed a bad ending'. What's with Hadrian's grimdark villainious tyranny? Oh, well...
Anyway, quality LP, as always. Any plans for the rest of KA2? I'm guessing sometime after the majestic ME3 LP, but hey, if you start KA2 before ME3 and just put it on pause for the latter, I'm sure no one will hold it against you. :love:

RK47

Patron
I guess this ending made much more sense, the other one being Septimus being consumed by insanity from sacrificing so much.
Demon curse - nah, flavor text. (I think)
There is also a quest I did not undertake - the Alliance with Balor Kingdom to destroy the Sentinels. It never came up cause I wiped out the Sentinels so quickly.

LundB

Mistakes were made.
Excellent LP. I'd definitely follow an LP of the rest of KA2 if you decide to do it. In the meantime though, I'm looking forward to being emotionally engaged.

RK47

Patron
While it's temping to LP King Arthur II, I felt I must hold myself back. It's a little bit much to proceed at this point. I must admit the challenge in the game is kinda low for 'Normal' difficulty. I'm more worried with Roxor impression with the campaign. When I guessed that the whole 'narrow focus' of the story turns the whole battles into 'game throws Walls that the player must smash through one by one', he agreed with it completely; I guess I wasn't too far off the mark. And that lowers my enthusiasm somewhat. Septimus tale carried the game forward. I'm not sure how the main campaign would grab me or the reader's attention since the 'canon' ending was the Good monarch - with Lancelot being the major knights.

RK47

Patron
i saw it. $5 for KA2. wow.

I might pick up CK2 at $20

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom