Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

King Arthur the Roleplaying Wargame : Old Faith Complete

What will Arthur's Choice be?

• The Return of the Old Faith

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • The Spread of Christianity

Votes: 5 50.0%

• Total voters

Mrowak

Arcane
Project: Eternity
I am necroing the thread to say how awesome this game is. Just had a major battle with Saxons, defeating their best heroes with cavalery, Lionhearts and stuff, taking Norfolk only to get trolled by the "Scourge" quest disaster, which made me fail a bunch of quests and left me in a shitty position. :mad: Just when you think the things get boring, you can count on the game stiring shit for you. :P

I love the atmosphere - how the devs went into great pains to research the mythos, and created a bunch of really captivating quests and subplots around it.

If not for this LP I would totally miss it on my radar. Best RPG I played in years. Thanks RK47!

Now, I hope Steam will get its shit together and "fix" King Arthur 2 - me and a bunch of other guys are getting "Failed to contact key server" error, and some lads can't even download the thing. :mad:

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Ka2 is a hand holding experience that lets the player take on challenges at his own pace, removing the thrill of time limit and decision making entirely. It did not do well.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Ka2 is a hand holding experience that lets the player take on challenges at his own pace, removing the thrill of time limit and decision making entirely. It did not do well.

Yeah, this. Except for a few seemingly dangerous moments in the early stages, and then constant enemy respawns that are just annoying and not threatening, KA2 seriously lacks the 'danger-level' of KA1, which might have been my biggest gripe with it.

'Hah... let's keal me sum fukkin' welshmen...'
"MY LORD, SEELIE ATTACKING IN THE NORTH"
"well then better do sth about it..."
"MY LORD, A FALSE PROPHET IN THE SOUTH"
'what?"
"GREETINGS TO U, MY LORD - SCOURGE!"
"this is getting ridonkulous"
"MY LORD!! YOU'VE GOT A YEAR TO GET RID OF THE ROBBER KNIGHT"
"for fuck's sake"
"MY LORD..."
"FUCK YOU, I'M OUT OF HERE"

Mrowak

Arcane

Yeah, this. Except for a few seemingly dangerous moments in the early stages, and then constant enemy respawns that are just annoying and not threatening, KA2 seriously lacks the 'danger-level' of KA1, which might have been my biggest gripe with it.

'Hah... let's keal me sum fukkin' welshmen...'
"MY LORD, SEELIE ATTACKING IN THE NORTH"
"well then better do sth about it..."
"MY LORD, A FALSE PROPHET IN THE SOUTH"
'what?"
"GREETINGS TO U, MY LORD - SCOURGE!"
"this is getting ridonkulous"
"MY LORD!! YOU'VE GOT A YEAR TO GET RID OF THE ROBBER KNIGHT"
"for fuck's sake"
"MY LORD..."
"FUCK YOU, I'M OUT OF HERE"

So true. :lol: Reminds also when I raised taxes (just) a little for the kingdom, forgot about it (I know - it was pure genius), and wondered why all provinces started rebelling against their RIGHTFUL ruler, all of this nonsense on the top of all other events. It took me 5 years to stabilize the situation.

I must say this is first game in some years to make me suffer from "just one more turn/one more battle" syndrome. Haven't been so excited about any other strategy or RPG for a while.

I managed to run KA2 somehow yesterday - it works when you launch it from app folder as opposed to Steam overlay. Sadly, I don't hear any responses from my units on the battlemap when I issue orders to them, which is somewhat annoying. Is that normal?

Also the lack of King Arthur in a King Arthur game pains me greately. :( I wish I could be involved in the events from the intro. I know form RK47's other LP that later you take control of some Roman dude...

Oh well, first I need to finish part 1.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
I know form RK47's other LP that later you take control of some Roman dude...

Nay, the Roman campaign, Dead Legions, was like a pre-release teaser "DLC" for people who pre-ordered.

Mrowak

Arcane
I know form RK47's other LP that later you take control of some Roman dude...

Nay, the Roman campaign, Dead Legions, was like a pre-release teaser "DLC" for people who pre-ordered.

So you are saying I am stuck with William Pendragon?! :x

BTW, how is the DLC in comparison with with the base game?

GreyViper

Prophet
Quite good I have to say, it gave you some illusions of Choices and Consequences when the end was still the same.:incline:

Mrowak

Arcane
Quite good I have to say, it gave you some illusions of Choices and Consequences when the end was still the same.:incline:

As long as the mid is a little bit different that's fine. Makes me wonder how Christian campaign differes.

Mrowak

Arcane
Damn, I am pissed off at KA2 - the game is bugged like hell for me. Past turn 3 the interface gets grayed out and I cannot do jack shit.

This is what it looks like in turn 2:

CoreTech2_X64%202013-02-15%2023-49-12-07.jpg

Once turn 3 kicks in I get this:

CoreTech2_X64%202013-02-15%2023-49-33-41.jpg

CoreTech2_X64%202013-02-15%2023-49-48-96.jpg

After this happens I cannot select anything on the map. Anyone got any idea what's going n?

I'd love to post this problem of Paradox forums, but you need a CD-Key of the game to even make a thread there... which I cannot get because Steam is fucking people over with their servers. :rage:

I get the impression this is some copy-protection mechanism or similar nonsense. Nice way to screw over legal owner.

I haven't been pissed off like that at any game in ages. :x Nice contrast with King Arthur 1.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
I was about to ask if you were playing it legit or pirated because the pirated version is bugged to hell and back with gamebreaking bugs included, but then I read

Nice way to screw over legal owner.

so I dunno. I had no major problems with the legit version when I took it for a spin again half a year or so ago, but maybe they screwed something up with some new patches again or whatever. The amount of bugs in KA2 at release was seriously atrocious, and it's really anyone's guess if they actually managed to squash all of them without creating new ones in the process.

Anyone got any idea what's going n?

Looks like a tutorial script fails to kick in.

No idea, haven't played it.

Mrowak

Arcane
I was about to ask if you were playing it legit or pirated because the pirated version is bugged to hell and back with gamebreaking bugs included, but then I read

Nice way to screw over legal owner.

so I dunno. I had no major problems with the legit version when I took it for a spin again half a year or so ago, but maybe they screwed something up with some new patches again or whatever. The amount of bugs in KA2 at release was seriously atrocious, and it's really anyone's guess if they actually managed to squash all of them without creating new ones in the process.

Anyone got any idea what's going n?

Looks like a tutorial script fails to kick in.

No idea, haven't played it.

The Saga continues:

CoreTech2_X64%202013-02-16%2010-11-33-48.jpg

CoreTech2_X64%202013-02-16%2010-13-36-33.jpg

CoreTech2_X64%202013-02-16%2010-14-00-17.jpg

:hmmm:

:rage:

This is what happened after reinstalling the whole thing.

I was about to ask you guys for a save past the tutorial section, but now I am totally screwed over. Btw, if you have Steam version do you still have access CDkey menu item in Steam overlay? Because my link disappeared!

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Hey, at least you've still got the main menu. It once disappeared for me COMPLETELY :M

Btw, if you have Steam version do you still have access CDkey menu item in Steam overlay? Because my link disappeared!

Not installed right now, so I can't check. Good thing that I have it written on a quick-start pamphlet in the game box :smug:

Check the 'downloadable content' for forum key? Sez here in my steam client that's where it's hidden or something.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Well, it's the last game on the series.
Shame, I was really looking forward to this, but after finishing the DLC Prelude I did not have the heart to carry on. Did LP on that - if you want to take a peek on the unique units and gameplay.

Narratively, it was a decent attempt - but the gameplay suffered from the 'evil shall await the good forces to gather' cliche.
Can't stand it, I miss the challenge of forming multiple armies, but they took that away as well for a rigid campaign structure.

Mrowak

Arcane
You guys won't believe it... :eek:

CoreTech2_X64%202013-02-16%2012-08-15-98.jpg

CoreTech2_X64%202013-02-16%2012-10-13-26.jpg

CoreTech2_X64%202013-02-16%2012-13-02-15.jpg

So it works in Japanese... Even the broken script triggered... でも一つ問題がある。僕は日本語が下手だから、あまり分からない。『キングアーサ2」をする前にもっと勉強しなくちゃいけない.(T_T)

Reminds me of Betrayal at Krondor when I started learning English just to play the damn game.

It's clear that something is wrong with the string parser in the new installation. When I switched to German it worked fine as well. The only versions that are affected by this bug are English and Potato :(

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Fortunately I still have the pirated iso somewhere around in case that should happen. At least despite all the bugs it would start up properly :smug:

Mrowak

Arcane
Ok, I give up. It's clearly the issue on their end. Shame. I wanted to LP this thing seeing how RK47 didn't really bother with it. Maybe Steam will get their shit together and fix it one day.

GreyViper

Prophet
Funny stuff the Yarrr version was patched by pirates before it was done officially. Somewhat amusing in sad way.

Ok, I give up. It's clearly the issue on their end. Shame. I wanted to LP this thing seeing how RK47 didn't really bother with it. Maybe Steam will get their shit together and fix it one day.
If you played Dead Legions then you pretty much played the only good part the game has to offer.

Move on to something else.

Zolti

Barely Literate
This is my third attempt to finish the campaign, but the dialogs like in page 2 (at the current time of the posting) of this topic doesn't show up for me. What am I doing wrong???

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom