Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Six Ages: Ride Like the Wind - King of Dragon Pass spiritual successor

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Well... iOS alone isn't enough to generate lots of income for a non-free game. Especially one that is quite niche (lots of text will ALWAYS be very niche).
Not exactly news. Both Android and Apple stores are so flooded with free-to-play crap and users often so unwilling to pay for anything (even if it would be decent) that I doubt anyone except bigger devs/publishers can make an income.

The "mobile games aren't streamed so it cannot kill sales" argument I don't get.
Games can sell well enough on PC, too, if they aren't very streaming friendly.

Merlkir

Arcane
Developer

DrQM6S4WoAA3Ovj.jpg

Nutria

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
"Is this game going to launch in pc this 2018?"

"We expect not."

I got extremely butthurt for about 0.66 seconds before I remembered that it's still 2018. Carry on. I can be patient for another few months.

Merlkir

Arcane
Developer
Six Ages Steam Release Delayed
posted by manavee @ 04:58PM on December 06, 2018
Greetings chieftains!

Six Ages is more than a myth or a legend -- it's going to be playable on Steam (hopefully)... but not as quickly as we'd initially planned.

Unfortunately, the original programmer we contracted in the summer didn't work out, and although he had to visit the emergency room a couple of times, he's thankfully recovering now. But we have had to re-start the porting process with a new porting partner.

We're happy to be working with Rusto Games, a small outfit in Finland (three cheers for Finland!) who are big fans of King of Dragon Pass and Six Ages, which makes us big fans of them in turn.

We aren't sure exactly what the new release date is, but we're hoping to hit desktops (PC and Mac) spring or summer 2019. You'll be the first to know when we have more details. In the meantime, David and the team has been making lots of bugfixes, so it will be the most polished release of the game it can be.

Thanks for your patience and support!

<3
Victoria, Tanya, and the Kitfox team

lophiaspis

Arbiter
I mean, I've been throwing money at my screen for months. But no game comes out.

Rumor has it this game exists? But I can't see anything.

Merlkir

Arcane
Developer
Pivotal moments in Gloranthan history don’t occur every couple generations, so some time will have passed before the next game. This also lets players who start in the middle have a reasonable experience (although we definitely bring stuff forward if you have a winning game saved).

-- David on how much later "Lights Going Out" happens after "Ride Like the Wind"

Merlkir

Arcane
Developer
Open post, ctrl-f "PC", no results, close post

The story of bringing the game to other platforms wasn’t as happy, though at least our first programmer did not perish from life-threatening medical issues. Our new developer has been making good progress, and we are still on track to release in 2019 (as we originally hoped). Although the game will be available elsewhere too, it helps visibility if you wish-list it on Steam.

Tom Selleck

Arcane
I wish listed that bitch ages ago my dude. Release a deluxe edition with soundtrack and like a fancy party hat and I'll pay double.

Nutria

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
I haven't paid a dime for this game yet and the developers have been nothing bet respectful. In an industry where 90% of the time they fuck up, try to cheat consumers out of a product, and then complain about "entitled gamers", this is one of the few bright spots.

Release a deluxe edition with soundtrack and like a fancy party hat and I'll pay double.

I would actually do that for this game. For anything else, if some nerd came up to me and was like "oh, I see you play the same game, that's cool" I would die of cringe. But if some nerd came up to me and was like "oh, I see you're wearing an Issaries t-shirt, let's do some diplomacy" I would tell them to fuck off while handing them a note saying what secret alley we could meet up in to do nerd business together.

Barbarian

Arcane
Is this as large a game as KoDP? I'm thinking of loading it up on my phone, will go on a trip with long flying times soon.

David Dunham

A Sharp
Developer
Download size is going to depend on what phone you have (we use thinning so you only download relevant assets). App Store reports that for a 3x phone like iPhone X, it’s about 404 MB. Should be a bit smaller for say iPhone 7, which is a normal Retina (2x) screen.

And yes, you can totally play offline.

Merlkir

Arcane
Developer
Dev Update and David at GDC!
https://steamcommunity.com/games/881420/announcements/detail/1776011874551546137

Hey Riders!

Just a quick update to let everyone know how the Steam release has been going. Other than gathering enough cows for our next offering to the gods, we’ve also put all our warriors into progressing on the PC build. We’re happy to say it’s been chugging along nicely - the game content is on schedule, but there’s A LOT of interface to complete and polish.

Fingers crossed, we’re hoping to have Six Ages ready around the end of spring of this year!

Aemar

Arcane
I must admit the artwork is interesting but unfortunately not on the same level with KoDP, where every piece of art was a masterpiece. And I'm not saying this just because the author can't see this post since he is a snowflake who placed me and some other 150 users on the ignore list. It's just that KoDP's was such a tough act to follow.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom