Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Six Ages: Ride Like the Wind - King of Dragon Pass spiritual successor

I can guarantee at least four people are hyped beyond belief.

KoDP is tied up there with the original Ultima Underworld in my critical hierarchy of games.

I'm in my mid 30s now, and, at this point in my life, there are VERY few things I would say this about, but I literally cannot wait to see what Six Ages looks like. Just tell me how many copies I need to buy to make you guys break even.

Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy
Maybe don't? I'm constantly stressed about people expecting too much and being disappointed, because the game is different from what they imagined.

I don't understand what you're talking about. If the game end up being half of what KoDP was, it will still be a solid and immersive game. The facts that (1) the team have been low key and working patiently, (2) is not making retarded compromises and deadline promises, and (3) is not using Kickstarter abomination, only reinforce the belief that will be a solid game. Of course, the game can also end up being another uninspired husk. In this case, we can just burn the developers on the stake for being decadents that unintentionally induced hype on our poor minds.

burning_at_stake-pic4-452x302-74490.jpg

No pressure! It's a win-win scenario.

d

Last edited:

Merlkir

Arcane
Developer
Right.
To be clear (or less vague) - we have been considering Kickstarter, but not to fund the main game. (we have some additional ideas for what it could be useful, but there are some obstacles as well. It's a possibility.)
Also, the game is very similar to KoDP, but it plays differently in some of its aspects. The structure, its body is differently proportioned. The mechanisms of multiple choice in each scene, raids etc. are very similar, but the resulting stories will feel different to those in KoDP.
We've definitely made compromises related to deadlines. Whether or not they're retarded is to be seen. ;)

Lucky

Arcane
I figure most people following this aren't posting much because everything is peachy so far: development is moving along at a steady pace, the Glorantha 'feel' seems to be present, no bizarre drama or sudden bouts of incompetence and the game seems all but guaranteed to be released and be of good to very good quality. It's the appreciative kind of silence. It's the same reason why I barely post in the Pathologic Remake thread, despite it being the game I'm looking forward to the most by far.

As for the kickstarter, you're at the size where I don't have any problem hypothetically pitching in to fund one so that you can be more comfortable in your ambitions.

Pretty much what Lucky said. Also bought a few Holdstock books following an advice in this thread. So far, so good (reminded me of an old book called "Snail on the slope", loved that one back when I was a kid).

Polanski

Scholar
I am completely hyped for this. There could honestly be absolutely no information about the game and just this thread title alone would make this a

:d1p:

Merlkir

Arcane
Developer
http://sixages.com/blog/index.php/2016/10/october-2016-progress-update/

One reason that things are taking longer than my original plan is that as we developed the game, it became obvious that it would need more scenes and accompanying art than I had first thought. We now have 40% more scenes, and 59% more scene art, in fact!
Besides finishing the art, a few big tasks remain: music, manual, user interface polish, and a lot of game tuning. That will clearly take us past the December holidays and into next year.

edit: The troll scene is mine, the cheering kids are from a scene painted by Enrico (our Italian artist).

Last edited:

Brancaleone

Liturgist
I really hope they are not going to cut content just because there is no accompanying art, nobody ever died from a few text-only screens.

Oh well, like every single time I check this thread, I will have to fire up King of Dragon Pass once again.

Merlkir

Arcane
Developer
I really hope they are not going to cut content just because there is no accompanying art, nobody ever died from a few text-only screens.

Oh well, like every single time I check this thread, I will have to fire up King of Dragon Pass once again.

That's unlikely to happen. Additional scenes outside the art budget are typically written to re-use existing art.
(or they're made into something other than scenes, like news, which don't have art.)

Fever

Educated
Been waiting for this for quite a long time now. Totally hyped for the 2017 hint.
Should we expect it to come before summer? Can we help for betatesting or something?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom