Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Kingdom Come: Deliverance - A Woman's Lot DLC Released

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Dan Vávra; Kingdom Come: Deliverance; Kingdom Come: Deliverance - A Woman's Lot; Warhorse Studios

Kingdom Come: Deliverance was crowdfunded on Kickstarter way back in 2014. Two of its campaign stretch goals, one for a playable female character and one for a dog companion, were successfully funded but never made it into the final game. Those two stretch goals have now been fulfilled with the release of the game's final expansion DLC, A Woman's Lot. The DLC is made up of two parts - a side story where you play as Theresa, the miller's daughter/love interest from Henry's hometown, and a new quest added to the main game involving a different female character with obvious Joan of Arc inspirations. Both Theresa and Henry get a dog companion with an associated new Houndmaster skill. With this release, Warhorse have also published a new Royal Edition of Kingdom Come: Deliverance, which is basically just a discounted package including the game and all four DLCs. So in addition to the Woman's Lot launch trailer, they also put together a behind-the-scenes video with details about that.

A Woman's Lot is available on Steam and GOG for $12, a heftier price than previous DLCs. The good news is that because these were stretch goals, it's free for the game's Kickstarter backers. And of course there's an accompanying patch, a major update which includes even more new Theresa content, enemy dogs for the bad guys, and lots of other stuff. You can read about that here. Thus ends the long development of Kingdom Come: Deliverance. I wonder when they plan to announce the sequel.

Last edited by a moderator:

Azarkon

Arcane
So, feminists demanded the right to play as a female equivalent to Henry, and Vavra gave them the ability to play as the damsel in distress love interest.

:excellent:

RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
So, feminists demanded the right to play as a female equivalent to Henry, and Vavra gave them the ability to play as the damsel in distress love interest.

Ugh...

You know, the game Kingdom Come: Deliverance seems like it would be right up my alley. As a history buff, a game that is supposed to follow historical life in that era is very interesting to me. However, after researching more, I will not be playing this game.

First of all, it’s boring and has a lot of bugs, as well as the fact that it doesn’t live up to the hype. However, add to the fact that the creator is a GamerGate supporter, basically takes it off the table for me. GamerGate is anti-women and horribly sexist. While that doesn’t make the game itself sexist, the fact that you can’t play as a woman and none of the women in the game are actually autonomous characters also makes it sexist.

This is a game for straight white males. It’s sexist and racist and the creator is a sexist racist. That’s enough for anyone to steer clear, even if it was a good game.

Thane Solus

Arcane
Mediocre game adds women, Codex, Jews rejoices! yay... ? Wurz are my kangz? We have become Reset Era II but with less Stalin moderation...

How dare you insult my favorite "IP" insert no argument "here"...

It was a mediocre game at best, loved the history, but it wasnt a game.

Saulot

Novice
a new Royal Edition of Kingdom Come: Deliverance, which is basically just a discounted package including the game and all four DLCs.
Been following this since the kickstarter.
Now that the beta is actually over, time to finally get it and enjoy it.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2

Ugh...

You know, the game Kingdom Come: Deliverance seems like it would be right up my alley. As a history buff, a game that is supposed to follow historical life in that era is very interesting to me. However, after researching more, I will not be playing this game.

First of all, it’s boring and has a lot of bugs, as well as the fact that it doesn’t live up to the hype. However, add to the fact that the creator is a GamerGate supporter, basically takes it off the table for me. GamerGate is anti-women and horribly sexist. While that doesn’t make the game itself sexist, the fact that you can’t play as a woman and none of the women in the game are actually autonomous characters also makes it sexist.

This is a game for straight white males. It’s sexist and racist and the creator is a sexist racist. That’s enough for anyone to steer clear, even if it was a good game.

Soy cuck claims to be interested in history and then makes a hissy fit when the game does portrait life of people there in true way, double plus as he claims to be some sort of anti racist and use the kind of language nazis used towards Joos, Gypsies and Slavs in Die Sturmer. The western Bai zai just keep giving.

Well Done Comrade Warwa exposing those Trotskyist Conspirators.

Luzur

Good Sir
I can finally fulfill my lifelong wish to marry a lord and bake bread every morning 4am. Thanks based Warhorse :yeah:

Marry a lord? PHEH! you at most get to marry the local pigherder and bake his bread and care for his 9 kids at 4 am.

will it be possible to play as a dog?

Play as a enemy dog and rape helpless women in burning villages + HD dogarmor only 99.90 on steam

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
will it be possible to play as a dog?
Yeah! WOOF WOOF! SAUSAGE TIME!!
Blackadder-the-Third-hugh-laurie-11589570-305-244.gif

Being a dog would have been a change but I guess you can still be a bitch.

Bricker

Educated
such a powerful trailer, i have to admit that this game looks so intense and drama real that I have to pass, not because its a bad game but too raw in the feelies kind of way..

Funny that so many are TRIGGERED by others wanting to play women in more affirming roles in your psuedo-historical medieval simulator wannabe crap but completely disregard the fact that your average typical man from the period is an ignorant illiterate farming chump sleeping in pig shit. So it's ok when boys want to play a 1%er blacksmith or lordling or something higher up in feudal hierarchy but when it comes to women, suddenly it has to be the 99%er pigshitman's wife.

Requesting a "TRIGGER WARNING" for any game content with women in them; we don't want to hurt the special misogynist snowflakes.
:smug:

Jrpgfan

Erudite
Funny that so many are TRIGGERED by others wanting to play women in more affirming roles in your psuedo-historical medieval simulator wannabe crap but completely disregard the fact that your average typical man from the period is an ignorant illiterate farming chump sleeping in pig shit. So it's ok when boys want to play a 1%er blacksmith or lordling or something higher up in feudal hierarchy but when it comes to women, suddenly it has to be the 99%er pigshitman's wife.

Requesting a "TRIGGER WARNING" for any game content with women in them; we don't want to hurt the special misogynist snowflakes.

You need dick.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth

Considering there are a million and one RPGs where you can play the fantasy of a woman charging around in full plate, I think KCD can be allowed to show a more realistic portrayal.

First snowflake. So how do you like the realistic portrayal of your medieval illiterate pigshit digger daring to talk to lords and affording to charge around in full plate?

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

Ugh...

Well, that answer was written by this guy:

7FDd21L.png

Son of Jeff?

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
There are rpgs where you are an illiterate farmer? O mcdonnel ha' uh faarrrmmm eieioooo. Muckin stalls, tilling fields, plowing the fugly missus

eee0fb3b12011fa7c5f3ad588a30a110--colton-haynes-halloween-ideas.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom