Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance - Dan Vavra's medieval chad simulator

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
can't access :negative:

Yeah, it’s allegedly playable but I still get the not yet released message. Then again it’s only been three minutes.

Update: Just restarted Steam and now it’s preparing to launch but looks like I need to download a new patch for half an hour first.

Wilian

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
So it begins. I'll prepare my popcorn, order some pizza and return to this thread in hour's time to see the glorious meltdown.

Cnaiur

Augur
Really should be working from home instead of watching a fucking slowly progressing percentage. Although that might be more similar to my work than I'd like to admit.

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Really should be working from home instead of watching a fucking slowly progressing percentage. Although that might be more similar to my work than I'd like to admit.

You should by leading the Scylvendi to victory over the great ordeal, but what can you do? Fucking dunyain ruin everything these days.

Elex

Arbiter
Saw an interesting comment

The devs in this game are retarded. they try to make it historically accurate but in game the only swear word they use is fuck. which wasnt even used until the 15th century. They just throw in the fuck fuck fuck so people think its cool, but it literally makes me cringe
Using period-appropriate swearing doesn't have the right impact to a modern audience because what is considered offensive in society is vastly different today than it was then. Old-timey swears more often end up sounding comical than serious, and can actually ruin the atmosphere instead of reinforcing it.

This was a common discussion point around Deadwood, which liberally used modern profanity instead of period-specific. The show creators decided on this, after first attempting to use historically-accurate swearing, because it better reinforced the characters: a bunch of people living outside more "civil" society shouldn't talk like those "civil" people. You can't get this across to modern audiences with blasphemy and words like "darn", you'd just make them laugh since it sounds silly nowadays. Since the intent of the character is more important than the actual word used, using modern profanity is appropriate.

And of course, once you decide that parts of the language should be period-specific, why not all of it? Why not go into Ye Olde Englishe for the translation as many other games have done? Oh right because it sucks.
so one day we will have an historical rpg with twitch chat language?

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Reviews are coming in, currently sitting at 70 which I'm not surprised since journalists can't handle the jank :)

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/kingdom-come-deliverance

As I kept saying for the past year - there will be two types of reviews:

1. "There's a good game deep inside but the game is plagued by bugs, glitches and performance issues. Recommended to wait several months until these are ironed out. 6/10."

2. "KCD is an incredibly deep, gorgeous and complex RPG the likes we haven't seen for years. The writing, characters and systems are remarkable. There are glitches, bugs and performance issues, as we have learned to expect from big open-world games like this but they should be fixed in the coming months. 9/10."

Average score 7/10.

End of public clairvoyancy.

Elex

Arbiter
KCD might even dethrone Witcher 3 as the best written game ever.

Good. We need competition in the AAA RPG market, because the standards today, with Bioware and Bethesda, are very fucking low. If I hear again someone praising Inquisition, I swear to god...

Witcher 3 apart from writing got NOTHING, it's not even open world but a few big levels, the forests compared to KCD look like trees for children.... and now KCD will beat Witcher 3 on every front.

Witcher 3 had great reactivity and presentation as well as the writing.

Witcher 3's biggest faults were its systems (combat and character levelling).
the real question is: what game have best sex scenes?

Beowulf

Arcane
Witcher 3 had motion captured sex scenes.

So if KCD weren't, then W3 were at least better for the people responsible for the animations (unless this is the reason they got into this business).

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Aaand almost everybody hates the saving system lol.

Yeah, I don't think it was a great idea to put it in an open-world RPG. They need to change it double time.

norolim

Arcane
Except for board games. EU>NA at board games any day of the week.

Eurogames are gay shit. They are always about cooperation, there's hardly any interaction between players, God forbid negative interaction and all you do is place workers and earn fucking victory points. Disgusting. The worst part is that I can't kill the other fuckers with my Troll Strength: 6, Craft: 1.

Perkel

Arcane
Review don't look so hot but i have no doubt it will actually sell well on PC.
If bugs were detrimental to success games like DayZ or PUB wouldn't sell so much.

PrettyDeadman

AngryCentaurGaming - Jeremy Penter - Wait For Sale

"A serviceable game with unique ideas but far too many technological issues,

Attack of the Fanboy - William Schwartz - 2.5 / 5 stars

Technical issues aside Kingdom Come: Deliverance is at best an ambitious game. There are flashes of brilliance in the implementation of Warhorse Studios' unique systems of the game, as it truly does have interestingly deep survival and progression elements. Though when you do take into account the technical issues it becomes a frustrating experience in which the bad completely outweighs the good.
Cubed3 - Ofisil - 7 / 10

As realistic, historically accurate, unrelenting, casual-unfriendly, open-word RPG games go, Kingdom Come: Deliverance is probably the best on offer right now. It's only worthy of the bronze medal, though, as it's very far from perfect, and the amount of flaws at hand mean that this is quite the dirty kind of bronze medal.
Game Revolution - Jason Faulkner - 4.5 / 5 stars

Quote not yet available
GameSpew - Richard Seagrave - 90%

Quote not yet available
GameWatcher - Marcello Perricone - 8 / 10.0

A very good and immersive title that suffers from technical issues and some surprisingly misguided design decisions.

GBAtemp - Thomas Hugh - 5.5 / 10.0

From what I did play of Kingdom Come: Deliverance has left me with mixed feelings. I enjoyed the story and wanted to see if Henry became a great Knight and avenged his family, but at the same time, I found myself battling against the game's systems every time it gave me control. Warhorse Studios have created an ambitious world with Kingdom Come: Deliverance, unfortunately, it didn't deliver for me.
Hardcore Gamer - Jordan Helm - 3.5 / 5.0

Had the initial forty-to-fifty hour campaign not have delivered the level of bugs and problems present in the current build, you'd easily be looking at potentially one of the year's best all-round experiences in an RPG and an essential for everyone no matter your affiliation with the genre.
Press Start - James Mitchell - 6 / 10

Kingdom Come: Deliverance has clearly had a lot of love and effort put into it, but it's unapologetically appealing to a very specific niche. The authenticity and realism is like no other, and that niche is bound to be pulled into its world for hours on end. Unfortunately, this dedication to realism is ironically what really stopped me from immersing myself into the well realised world of Bohemia, which is a huge shame.
PS Site - Kacper Mądry - Polish - 5 / 10.0

Kingdom Come: Deliverance could be a great game. Sadly, bugs and bad optimization made it impossible to reach that level of quality.
TheSixthAxis - Dave Irwin - 4 / 10

If Kingdom Come: Deliverance has a ton of bug fixing to improve the performance drastically, it could be a hidden gem. It's clear that the game, despite its grand ambitions, was simply not ready for public consumption. Shimmers of brilliance are there and had it seen more time in the oven, or set its ambitions at a more reasonable level, it could have been brilliant and scored significantly higher as a result. Alas, Kingdom Come: Deliverance is another cautionary tale rather than a trend setter.

What the FUCK??!?!?

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
xR1aRUg.jpg

Everything good and ready for the cinematic experience of a lifetime.

Unfortunately it's the middle of the week and I have no time to watch movies.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom