Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance - Dan Vavra's medieval chad simulator

Paul_cz

Arcane
Patch 1.9.2

General

• Fixed a rare bug in which a few cutscenes were missing.
  • Fixed a rare glitch during combat animation.
  • Fixed amount of money paid to the guard during arresting.
  • Fixed a rare issue when failed evade didn´t interrupt fast travel.
Band of Bastards DLC

• Fixed the crash after dialog with Kuno during second patrol.
  • Fixed the dialog options when Stone steals the ring in the quest Ring of Bacchus
A Woman's Lot DLC

• It is now possible to acquire lock-picks from Fritz even when you complete the side quest for Johanka by stealing the trunk key.
  • Fixed French and German dabbing in several cutscenes.
  • Missing French and German voice-overs added.
  • Broken models and graphics after finishing Theresa's story should appear even less frequently. Saving & restarting the game will fix the issue.
  • Fixed the black screen with UI prompts after finishing Theresa's story.

So....is this the last patch or are more still in the works, Smejki?

FreshCorpse

Arbiter
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
Very late to this... (pretty much by design - I like to wait until the patching is all done, especially given the bugs I heard about at release).

Based on my first 5 hours of playtime: I'm having a really great time with this. KCD reminds me of my first experiences with Morrowind when I was a young teenager - playing is a proper transportation to another world, except instead of the other world being a bizarre dark-elf fantasy land suffering from a religous threat it's a real historical setting in central Europe. My cultural connection with Czechs is better than it probably could ever have been with dunmer who like to live in the shells of giant molluscs. Walking through realistic tanneries and baths is really cool and gets me enthused for a setting I wasn't really into before.

Thanks to PorkyThePaladin for his review a few months ago which convinced me it was worth a try.

I didn't get the DLC when I bought it. Which ones should I be getting before I finish the main quest? From Ashes by the sounds of it? Any others?

Codex Year of the Donut

EDIT: Bits and pieces of nice new info in this latest AMA.

But little jokes aside, there's something not many people (even in Warhorse) know about and I'm gonna tell you about it because I like you. There actually is a running joke throughout all cutscenes. In every single one of them, appropriate or not, there's a hen somewhere in some form. And let me tell you, sometimes it was very challenging to find a spot for it and we had to be very creative.

Smejki

Larian Studios, ex-Warhorse
Developer
XD7HJRP.png

Last edited:

Carrion

Arcane
Patron
I don't know if the patch broke something, but I've had the game freeze twice and CTD once during the last couple of hours of gameplay. I saw nothing of the sort during the previous 100+ hours. With the save system being what it is, the game just can't crash. Ever. Fuck.

A plot-critical NPC was also invisible in one of the Band of Bastards quests, which was fun since in that quest you have to find said NPC.
Jakey, who I think is supposed to be tied to a tree.
I found him by complete accident thanks to a "talk" prompt. I wonder if that was also patch-related or an old bug.

Carrion

Arcane
Patron
I'm really loving the Madonna of Sasau quest line from A Woman's Lot. It's my favorite part of all the DLC so far, with an interesting premise and a bunch of fun little quests followed by a more complex finale that at least seems to have plenty of reactivity to it. I'm not quite finished with it yet, and it could still come crashing down, but so far it's been great. The base game has some really nice side quests as well, but this one feels like the devs actually had time to polish it and have some fun with it, like adding the option to engage in those in-depth conversations with
the inquisitor and his assistant
about the state of the world and the role the church plays in it, as well as the various parts where characters recognize your previous actions in the game.

SniperHF

Arcane

I wish there was a similar mod for The Witcher 3.

I used a keyboard macro to do this. Worthwhile investment to get a KB that's supports macros for this purpose so you can have it for any game.

A programmable mouse may do it too if you can bind keyboard keys to mouse buttons.

moon knight

Matt7895's alt
I used a keyboard macro to do this. Worthwhile investment to get a KB that's supports macros for this purpose so you can have it for any game.

A programmable mouse may do it too if you can bind keyboard keys to mouse buttons.

Forgive my ignorance, what is a "keyboard macro"?

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

Forgive my ignorance, what is a "keyboard macro"?
You record a combination or a sequence of keys and then trigger the whole sequence by pressing one of your macro keys. I have this on my Razer keyboard, but I never bothered to learn to use it, and it mostly matters for multiplayer anyway.

FreshCorpse

Arbiter
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
X4oadRl.png

Doing dawn raids on bandit camps to catch them in their kecks never gets old. Being the only one who brought a knife to a knife fight is great fun, though sometimes it does get close when the numbers are really overwhelming. Now I understand why the police like this strategy so much.

Lambach

Arcane
At later stages in the game, the "bandit" camps are actually mercs or deserters or something in full-clad plate armor, but rather than attacking them in their pajamas, my strategy involved shooting one at point-blank with a bow, running like hell, shooting the same guy again, rinse and repeat until there's only 2-3 of them left in fighting shape, then mop them up. Retarded-looking and grindy? Absolutely, but nonetheless quite effective. :obviously:

Carrion

Arcane
Patron
Finished all the DLC. Excluding the smaller ones, here's how I'd rank them:

1) A Woman's Lot

This one clearly had the most effort put into it. Theresa's part is nice and would've been a decent DLC on its own, but the Madonna of Sasau questline is the real highlight. Also, you get a new skill and dogs.

2) Band of Bastards

A pretty short but decent DLC. Combat-focused and not with a whole lot of reactivity, but the quests are pretty fun and it fits well into the main game.

3) From the Ashes

I think the idea behind the DLC is solid, and thematically it's a good fit for the game. Turning a pile of rubble into an actual town is executed well. I think there are two downsides to the DLC: First of all, Pribyslavitz is in the middle of nowhere, with no real quests or a reason to go there. This kind of stuff would probably work best if you were (re)building a location you'd be spending a lot of time in anyway. Secondly, the mechanics leave quite a lot to be desired. You basically have to resources to manage, people and coin, and the former does nothing as far as I can tell, aside from being a quest objective. Upgrading the rathaus or the church only really increases your maintenance costs without any kind of a gameplay benefit. Also, while it's nice to get an additional money sink into the game, it's pretty easy to turn the town into a money faucet that never runs out.

4) The Amorous Adventures of Bold Sir Hans Capon

A short DLC where the meat of the game lies in a couple of fetch quests, neither of which is bad but not particularly great either. The hilarious finale almost makes up for it, but I wanted more screentime for Capon.

---

As a side note, A Rock and a Hard Place and Gallows Brothers still suck. There's just no satisfying way to finish those quests.

Edit: Fixed.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom