Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance - Dan Vavra's medieval chad simulator - now with Band of Bastards DLC

Discussion in 'General RPG Discussion' started by conan_edw, Feb 13, 2018.

1. Parabalus Arcane

Parabalus
    My experience is that there are two types of enemy, "thrash" against which you can spam whatever and you'll kill them sooner or later, and "bosses".
    The "bosses" actually parry/masterstroke your stuff and can combo you down - against them it's best to only go for combos yourself (the ones starting with a stab gave me the best results) and when they get staggered use stab afterwards. They will parry stuff so you have to parry yourself to keep the flow going. When they masterstroke you will take damage but if your stamina is high it will be negligible.
    I'm near the end of the MQ and had no real issues. Had to reload twice (instant autosave reload when Hans fucked up, so no time lost), had one CTD but lost maybe 5 min. Performance is great if you don't go above High.

^ Top  
  2. Kyl Von Kull Arcane Patron

Kyl Von Kull
    I, too, have had no performance issues.

Riddle me this: what are the disadvantages of using a longsword with a shield? I assume it does less damage—it seems to—and the strikes are slower, but do we have any numbers? Would really love a way to quantify the difference. Purely a theoretical question, because shields are for pussies without a full plate harness.

^ Top  
  3. Kem0sabe Arcane

Kem0sabe
    Eurogamer has reach a new level of "WTF am i reading"

• Funny Funny x 8
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • WTF am I reading WTF am I reading x 4
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. hivemind Guest

hivemind
    based amerimutt education

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Acknowledge this user's Agenda Acknowledge this user's Agenda x 1
    • Despair Despair x 1
    • Racist Racist x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. Multidirectional Arcane

Multidirectional
    It's probably for the better. Looks like SJWs ganging up on something is the best kind of advertisement nowadays.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Prestigious Prestigious x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. Beowulf Liturgist

Beowulf
    Apparently, with longsword equipped, you are faster without a shield, and I could perform combos more often. Henry will hold longsword with two hands now, instead of one.
    But I have no numbers to back it up, only my gut feeling, and it also in part comes from the fact, that in the meantime I got a better hold of combat.

And regarding combos - I invested in those short, 3 step, chains, preferably with stabs, as they are quicker. If you start the first slash with a feint, you have a high chance of performing the combo and not getting interrupted in the process.
    But it's always good to practice on Cpt. Bernard.

Whoever is having boring combat, consisting mainly of circling around and waiting for the opportunity to master strike everyone, should consider investing in "Clinch Master". It changed the dynamic of the combat for me, as now I close in for the clinch, most likely win it, and follow with a normal LMB bashing instead of this gay waiting and circling. Fun, just try it.

^ Top  
  7. Brancaleone Learned

Brancaleone
    Quite telling of the times we live in, that an attempt at historical accuracy like KC-D gets massacred for not bending to ideology, while an indentitarian power fantasy like Black Panther is treated like historical reality.

Fair is foul and fouls is fair etc. etc.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Brofist Brofist x 4
    • Despair Despair x 2
    ^ Top  
  8. Kem0sabe Arcane

Kem0sabe
    [​IMG]

Lebron: Jamal, there's a Bohemian inn i know has some hot Hussite pussy
    Jamal: Nigger, shouldn't we be on our way to China to buy some fucking silk?
    Lebron: DAMNNNNN, i got this cracker bitch pregnant, let's get out of here Jamal
    Jamal: Off to China nigger

20 years later... crack villages start popping up everywhere through the Bohemiam countryside

• Funny x 17
    • Racist x 3
    • Brofist x 2
    • Balanced x 2
    • Agree x 1
    • Rage x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. Beowulf Liturgist

Beowulf

True, that happened.

I read about it once on the internet.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2018
    • Salute Salute x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. hivemind Guest

hivemind
    racist much?

• [citation needed] x 2
    • butthurt x 2
    • Fabulously Optimistic x 1
    • it is a mystery x 1
    • Old x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. moon knight Matt7895's alt

moon knight
    This is what happens when a country with no history and culture like murica wants to teach history and export culture to glorious Yurop.

• Brofist Brofist x 6
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Salute Salute x 2
    • Rage Rage x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. vonAchdorf Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

vonAchdorf
    Ethiopian Kings / Emperors / Members of the House of Solomon were and are monocled gentlemen, just not in rural Bohemia.

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Racist Racist x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. Nael Arcane

Nael
    Nah. You Eurocucks are doing this on your own.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. Immortal Arcane

Immortal

This.

SJW's don't actually play real video games, so they are a demographic you can safely antagonize for publicity / marketing without fear of loss of sales.
    On the flip side lots of closet neckbeards are actually paying for this game instead of pirating it - because of the supposed aligning of political views.

Warhorse is playing 4D chess marketing here. They just need to fix the bugs so the rest of us can enjoy the game too.

• Brofist Brofist x 4
    • :M :M x 2
    ^ Top  
  15. Doctor Sbaitso SO, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS. Patron

Doctor Sbaitso
    Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands
    I looked at that thread... have never been to 4chan before. We are all doomed.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Yes Yes x 1
    • Despair Despair x 1
    • butthurt butthurt x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. Mortmal Arcane

Mortmal
    It's just a clickbait, everyone benefits. Eurogamer gets lot and lot of click on his shitty review, warhorse gets ton of free advertisement. Now more people will go check what is kingdom come , the racist game done by the devil itself. Hopefully warhorse will do more historical games, if possible even more controversial. Some codexers gave a few ideas, the fall of Constantinople for exemple , plenty of cool settings.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Fabulously Optimistic Fabulously Optimistic x 1
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. Junmarko Ravioli di canguro Patron

Junmarko
    A lesson can be learned from Sega Japan (Yakuza series) when confronted by social justice loonies - a long blank stare followed by the middle finger.

Though he's handled the whole thing well, Vavra shouldn't have acknowledged them beyond doing just that. He and his team have nothing to be sorry for.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2018
    • Brofist Brofist x 5
    ^ Top  
  18. Volken Scholar

Volken
    Racist to who? The poor Hussite wench who was left a mixed-race baby? Was secks consensual or they had too much schnapps? Did she ever knew who was the father? Did Jamal and Lebron even cared? Single mother with special child in a ruthless medieval times is a tragic history indeed. Leftie journo and his historian buddy fantasisizng about one night pregnancy are in fact glorifying rape culture and male domination (but... but... the game embraces dark ages and it's evil!).

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Despair Despair x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. Mark Richard Prophet

Mark Richard
    The writer continues on to suggest the developer's affection for a musician's work is evidence of his character, because being a fan of someone's work is endorsing their personal beliefs. This is gibbering nonsense that no one could possibly live by, especially the writer. 10 bucks says he's a Lovecraft fan.

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. Parabalus Arcane

Parabalus
    Honestly that paragraph reads like something straight out of Ancient Aliens or similar bullshit. IS IT POSSIBLE????

Show Spoiler
    I'm sure there's a better example of this absurdism.

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. dragonul09 Arcane Edgy

dragonul09
    The game is a broken mess through and through, mainstream journalists are busy complaining about the game not having Jayz's/50 cents and syrian refugees around, while the other side of aisle is full of morons who keep guzzle on Vavras cum because he's our anti-sjw squadron leader, he deserves our money!

The true reality is that the game is in a terrible state for a fully priced product and the ''normal'' people who wanted to play a decent game got shafted.

• retadred retadred x 3
    • Shit Shit x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. vonAchdorf Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

vonAchdorf
    It sits at 74% in Steam, which means there are undeniable problems (or it would be over 80%) - but it's not a disaster.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. titus Arcane Patron

titus
    Yeah Warhorse, add some African Americans :argh:

Got a single quest bug so far, careful when dealing with the monastery accident quest. I could still finish it, but I couldn't do anything else than fail to catch the guy and report that. Good thing I have the save mod!

^ Top  
  24. Chad J. Thundercock ヽ(✿゚▽゚)ノ Patron

Chad J. Thundercock
    woah, with full plate armor and the best weapons in the game going against weak shit bandits you stomp all over them
    couldn't believe it myself.

• butthurt butthurt x 1
    • WTF am I reading WTF am I reading x 1
    ^ Top  
  25. fantadomat Dumbfuck! Dumbfuck Edgy

fantadomat
    Just played the scouting the base quest. Tried to sneak around and do sabotage,it was too much of a hassle because of how dark the nights are,in the end decided to kill everyone. It was quite the fun battle,cutting down cuman scum left and right. After that i finished the quest with a happy grin only to find out that the next one auto failed.:argh:

Oh and i love how journos don't see asians/turks as another race..... only blacks are minority now.

^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)