Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance - Dan Vavra's medieval chad simulator - now with Band of Bastards DLC

Discussion in 'General RPG Discussion' started by conan_edw, Feb 13, 2018.

1. Elex Scholar

Elex
    in my localization the game use the relative historical translation on names, but for adaptet name (X in KCD is Y) use the game name.

^ Top  
  2. Elex Scholar

Elex
    yes all the times, i think was about moving out of the zone i stolen them.

^ Top  
  3. titus Arcane Patron

titus
    [​IMG]

^ Top  
  4. Blaine Cis-Het Oppressor Patron

Blaine
    Grab the Codex by the pussy
    • retadred x 4
    • Salute x 2
    • Brofist x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • :M x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. dragonul09 Arcane Edgy

dragonul09
    The people on this thread are having none of that, it's one of the best game they've ever played and that's that, no man left behind. KCD is Skyrim/Oblivion with a prettier coat of paint but that shouldn't be a surprise, we are comparing Cryengine with the inbreed Gamebryo. The only thing we have to distinguish between these games is the amount of disgusting cinematics in KCD that take your ability to control your character every time something interesting happens. Oh yes, and you can wash your knickers, this seems to give everyone a boost of adrenaline:lol:

• butthurt butthurt x 2
    • Edgy Edgy x 1
    • Shit Shit x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. RK47 collides like two planets pulled by gravity Patron

RK47
    Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
    Everyone who dislike what I like is wrong.

• Brofist x 4
    • Agree x 3
    • Disagree x 1
    • Prestigious x 1
    • [citation needed] x 1
    • Bad Spelling x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. Blaine Cis-Het Oppressor Patron

Blaine
    Share with us more of your wisdom, Asian man of fine taste who eats Kentucky Fried Chicken on a near-daily basis and plays hentai shoot-em-ups religiously.

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Prestigious Prestigious x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. Elex Scholar

Elex
    polearm are only disabled: a mod can activate then.

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. mildTea Learned

mildTea
    Vávra explained in one interview that they had an auto-riding system ready for horses which could be also used by a player, but it's obstacle avoidance was "too good" and on a regular road the horse would avoid all the pebbles and thus every track would be a crazy slalom race. They couldn't figure out how to keep the horses avoiding large obstacles while ignoring the small ones and so they scratched it. I think this is why we only see horse riders in the scripted sequences where someone manually edited their path.

Czech grammar.

Polygon has finally written up something and it's not a review. Actually their own readers don't know what it is :)

^ Top  
  10. Bocian Arcane

Bocian
    • Funny Funny x 7
    • Doggy Doggy x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. Beowulf Liturgist

Beowulf
    I guess it's another sign that the game was rushed, as you can auto-ride just by holding "shift", and your horse will stick to the middle of the road, no matter how bumpy the surface is.

• decline decline x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. Blaine Cis-Het Oppressor Patron

Blaine
    That's a realistic feature.

Believe it or not, horses are able to follow roads or trails on their own without constant guidance. They have a navigational AI and primitive GPS built right into the thing that tells them when to eat and poop.

You know how in books when the heroes have to leave the horses and they always say that the horses will find their way home? That's true.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. Elex Scholar

Elex
    i don’t think people go jousting in the middle of a war.
    worth it.

^ Top  
  14. Mark Richard Prophet

Mark Richard
    Quite a bit of positive press lately. PCGamesn supports the save system, Gamespot & Destuctoid really like the game, and Polygon figured out how to play.

^ Top  
  15. Elex Scholar

Elex
    press is embracing KCD click/visit potential no matter how they rated the game.

they started with andromeda style “le best buggy you can find”
    to “the game is great because this: 5 tips for the best herny,cumans hate it”

^ Top  
  16. Ezeekiel Arbiter

Ezeekiel
    Polygon love it because Henry starts out as a weakling with no talents who can ask the government to help him with everything ("Bernard bring your beefy men to fight these bandits") and that is something they can identify with.

Wonder if they're going to play for long enough to figure out that Henry turns into a medieval t-800 about 10 hours in.

Then again, the more positive press for this sort of thing (warts and all), the better.

• Funny Funny x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. imweasel Guest

imweasel
    Nah. KCD is just an enjoyable shit game. I think most would agree that it doesn't do anything particularly well and is not a good RPG, so I doubt it will win any awards around here.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 5
    • Balanced Balanced x 2
    • :M :M x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. Kem0sabe Arcane

Kem0sabe
    Indeed, even those fucking cucks over at RPS, despite labeling the game problematic, are doing a game guide for it...

^ Top  
  19. Elex Scholar

Elex
    • hopw roewur ne x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Thanks! x 1
    • Fabulously Optimistic x 1
    • Old x 1
    • Shit x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. dragonul09 Arcane Edgy

dragonul09
    It would have been enjoyable for me too if the AI wasnt such a terrible mess, enemies getting stuck on each other, on terrain, sometimes not even reacting to your presence, sometimes not even attacking they just stare at you while on attack stance, it's ridiculous that such things are tolerable in this day and age, especially for a fully priced title. As much as I liked doing fetch quests for peasants, it failed to provide any challenge the moment you get out of the prologue.

But I do agree with you, it was fun kill everyone in the world, that I enjoyed.

• Agree x 2
    • Brofist x 1
    • hopw roewur ne x 1
    • butthurt x 1
    • Shit x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. Chad J. Thundercock ヽ(✿゚▽゚)ノ Patron

Chad J. Thundercock
    Follow the money. If a game is popular, they will do a guide ASAP for it because that is what gets them the clicks and advertiser money.

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. Balor Arcane

Balor
    Well, you CAN bring up good points, but man you try too hard sometimes (that is like 90% of the time). They joys of being young and excitable I guess, I wish I can relate :(.

• Despair Despair x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. dragonul09 Arcane Edgy

dragonul09
    I don't think it has anything to do with being young and excitable, more with standards, throught the years we lowered our standards to the point were we clinge ourselves to everything that seem to be out of the norm, but is it true when the game is a broken mess and it requires months to be in the position where it should have been at release date? If they even get there in the first place.
    People keep bringing nostalgia up whenever someone mention older games, but I don't remember that many games from the 90'-00' and I've played hundreds, to be in such sad states that you had to wait months for them to be enjoyable or in a working state.

• butthurt butthurt x 1
    • retadred retadred x 1
    • Shit Shit x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. MadMaxHellfire Arcane

MadMaxHellfire
    and it's its greatest shame.

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  25. Junmarko Ravioli di canguro Patron

Junmarko
    After 20+ hours, the moment-to-moment gameplay reminds me a lot of STALKER(a loveable mess). There's enough nicely handpicked mechanics to keep you hooked, but none of it is near flawless in the execution. Still, brings enough of a unique take overall to make it enjoyable.

Sum of it's parts. Eurojank_101 :salute:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    ^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)