Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance - Dan Vavra's medieval chad simulator

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Somehow I get the feeling that if this was the same game but released from Bethesda the reactions in here would be...quite different.
the real difference is the marketing budget.

The real difference is that the content is not the same. Just because this game may be a buggy mess doesn't mean it has anything in common with Skyfuck. Quest design, writing, combat, it's all different.

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Oh, yay, another medieval open-world "RPG" in which everyone probably acts like an unpleasant person in an attempt to be "realistic". We don't have enough of those. Pass.

Actually, there’s really not much of this at all. Lots of courtly behavior, deference and extreme politeness actually. The bad behavior I’ve seen so far was in the context of a sack, but I have no idea what they were saying because the enemy spoke Hungarian.

Mortmal

Arcane
From a french historian i had as teacher in university , who's specialized into that. So there's the legend of jeanne d'arc , the fair maiden , and the true story wich is a lot more believable , borderline a big scam.Also its sure a young woman was burned , but it was not jeanne d'arc,court was bribed most likely and a poor girl with mental issues lookalike perished. There's even evidence jeanne d'arc survived, she escaped to Wallonie, led a mercenary band and finally wed a local lord and had kids.

These all sound like farfetched conspiracy theories. Especially since the court that judged her was a corrupt one to begin with which sided with her enemies and was on a vendetta to sentence her. Why would they be bribed further to release her and burn someone else? Also random girl leading a mercenary band sounds extremely fantastic.

In either case, there are records of the people who fought with her or interacted with her and all of these memoirs which spoke of her behaviour all confirm that was she was a reserved, well-behaved, prudent and pious person.

Yeah i get a lot citation needed and wtf i am reading, but i am not kidding at all its true history. Its much less pretty than the legend ,not commonly known as people wont like that.You can find jeanne d'arc signature in some inn ledger " jeanne d'arc dite la pucelle" (joan of arc said the virgin) in belgium, way after the trial.You will say citation needed again but i cant scan that medieval ledger, i dont own it of course.Its a common fact with history the interisting bits are hidden, same thing for napoleonic wars you wont find why he lost in russia on the internet as the true history is too complex for the plebs therefore its erased.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Have to add, the no saving thing add a lot to the tension to the combat and general exploring. Ran into a group of bandits, and instead of trying to kill them and reverting I had to flee like the coward I am through the forest.
Agreed. I felt like a junkie hitting F5 & F9 constantly to no avail.

Not many developers do high risk systems, good to have another RPG/Hybrid attempting it - the Dark-Souls Formula is getting old.

Meh...I for one would lobby Warhorse and Smejki to consider not removing the save potions but making it MUCH more abundant - MUCH easier to make and MUCH cheaper to buy. To the point that it'd be hard to run out if you're not playing like a retard.

Because tension smension. First, if the game crashes or bugs out and you lose hours of progress it fucking SUCKS. Especially in an open-world RPG. But even if it's your fault and you do something retarded or simply forget to save....losing progress still sucks. But if Warhorse really think they can afford to piss off kasuals and konsolers like that then by all means, keep the system as it is.

But right now I'm seeing a lot of whining about saving. And that coupled with all the "awesome game but some bugs, 4/10" reviews doen't make it easier for the game.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
From a french historian i had as teacher in university , who's specialized into that. So there's the legend of jeanne d'arc , the fair maiden , and the true story wich is a lot more believable , borderline a big scam.Also its sure a young woman was burned , but it was not jeanne d'arc,court was bribed most likely and a poor girl with mental issues lookalike perished. There's even evidence jeanne d'arc survived, she escaped to Wallonie, led a mercenary band and finally wed a local lord and had kids.

These all sound like farfetched conspiracy theories. Especially since the court that judged her was a corrupt one to begin with which sided with her enemies and was on a vendetta to sentence her. Why would they be bribed further to release her and burn someone else? Also random girl leading a mercenary band sounds extremely fantastic.

In either case, there are records of the people who fought with her or interacted with her and all of these memoirs which spoke of her behaviour all confirm that was she was a reserved, well-behaved, prudent and pious person.

Yeah i get a lot citation needed and wtf i am reading, but i am not kidding at all its true history. Its much less pretty than the legend ,not commonly known as people wont like that.You can find jeanne d'arc signature in some inn ledger " jeanne d'arc dite la pucelle" (joan of arc said the virgin) in belgium, way after the trial.You will say citation needed again but i cant scan that medieval ledger, i dont own it of course.Its a common fact with history the interisting bits are hidden, same thing for napeolonic wars you wont find why he lost in russia on the internet as the true history is too complex for the plebs therefore its erased.

(((true history)))

FreeKaner

Prophet of the Dumpsterfire

Yeah i get a lot citation needed and wtf i am reading, but i am not kidding at all its true history. Its much less pretty than the legend ,not commonly known as people wont like that.You can find jeanne d'arc signature in some inn ledger " jeanne d'arc dite la pucelle" (joan of arc said the virgin) in belgium, way after the trial.You will say citation needed again but i cant scan that medieval ledger, i dont own it of course.Its a common fact with history the interisting bits are hidden, same thing for napeolonic wars you wont find why he lost in russia on the internet as the true history is too complex for the plebs therefore its erased.

It sounds like wishful thinking to hope that she was not burned. Which of course would diminish her martyrdom in an attempt to modernise its morality. Now I wouldn't claim that everything written down about history is true, but as I said regardless if she was burned or not, all that spoke of her spoke of her extremely positively. Especially of her manners and her kind approach towards soldiers.

Mortmal

Arcane

It sounds like wishful thinking to hope that she was not burned, now I wouldn't claim that everything written down about history is true, but as I said regardless if she was burned or not, all that spoke of her spoke of her extremely positively. Especially of her manners and her kind approach towards soldiers.
Propaganda, facts are she was some brutal woman, close to the troops indeed and good at strategy. Its an iconic character of legend, great and good, the french savior.Even the fact she was born from laborers is wrong, she was the daughter of some royal provider and had two knights as brothers. It's almost sure she knew what the king was looking like .

Aphex81

Scholar
The gameplay looks like shit. This directional combat gimmick was a really bad choice. What's wrong with press button -> perform ability? What's wrong with skilltrees ? Whats wrong with classes ? I like a good story and i like a good story in an RPG but if the gameplay is shit i concider it a shit game because the game part is shit....you know?

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam

It sounds like wishful thinking to hope that she was not burned, now I wouldn't claim that everything written down about history is true, but as I said regardless if she was burned or not, all that spoke of her spoke of her extremely positively. Especially of her manners and her kind approach towards soldiers.
Propaganda

Yes, propaganda is what you are being fed here. Moderntarded propaganda to be exact.

Mortmal

Arcane

Propaganda

Yes, propaganda is what you are being fed here. Moderntarded propaganda to be exact.
I feel like telling kids santa does not exist, i shall not tell you more about jeanne d'arc :). As for citations, several french books that wont be translated more than likely , do your own homework !

Heh, ended up limiting FPS to 35 because I would get these really annoying stutters from time to time otherwise. Seem this game doesn't like framerate fluctuations, not unlike Witcher 3. My initial performance impressions were off. I'll probably end up waiting until I have new CPU/Motherboard/RAM to enjoy this game in a better form.

Last edited:

skacky

3D Realms
Developer
Managed to beat Capon at both archery and swordplay. :smug:
Console footage made both look very difficult, but I find both to be rather easy so far.

I also found some ruins with a footlocker that contained, among others, 200 groschen, a war hammer and a gambeson. Nice!

FreeKaner

Prophet of the Dumpsterfire
I feel like telling kids santa does not exist, i shall not tell you more about jeanne d'arc :). As for citations, several fench books that wont be translated more than likely , do your own homework !

Cold cynicism is not facts. There are more evidence that confirms the traditional view that Jeanne d'arc was a peasant girl who found a desperate king willing to try anything and was pious and prudent enough to gain admiration of those around her than the b-rate plot twist you suggest.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
It's the Trainspotting world view at work. Very prominent in academia.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
16GB RAM, i7-4790, GTX 1070.
There really is no reason performance should be so bad. But it is, can't help it.

Then something is wrong with your rig, my fps doesnt go lower than 70 in the big town and 120+ outside so something is wrong on your end, especially if it does the same if you put it on low.
Right, with my rig and that of everyone else who complains about the horrible performance despite sufficient rigs (that can run every other game just fine). ;)
Naah, whatever problem there is, it lies with the engine.

I mean, in this thread alone there have been many, like:
lol 50 fps everywhere with gtx 1080, i5 7600k and 16 gb of ram
wtf help
I wish I had as much as 50 fps, but still 50fps is obviously much worse than it should be with that setup.

mondblut

Arcane
There's even evidence jeanne d'arc survived, she escaped to Wallonie, led a mercenary band and finally wed a local lord and had kids.

You got it all wrong. According to recent research conducted by Gender Studies faculcy, she in fact wed a local lady. Then adopted some kids from Somali. Warhorse should stop pretending they don't know it.

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Managed to beat Capon at both archery and swordplay. :smug:
Console footage made both look very difficult, but I find both to be rather easy so far.

I also found some ruins with a footlocker that contained, among others, 200 groschen, a war hammer and a gambeson. Nice!

Ooh, where?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom