Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance - Dan Vavra's medieval chad simulator

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
They actually resurrected NPC for the Easter. That's fucking hilarious.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
If they're putting DLC like that in the game I can only really hope it's not shit that feels like it's taped on and doesn't fit into the game.

PrettyDeadman

Gay Marriage DLC hype!

Will Henry be the first HISTORICAL gay man to be officially married to another man in Bohemia?!

Make a HISTORICAL difference and come down in HISTORY as the most progressive Chezh man in HISTORY!

Wilian

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Do tell about possible performance related matters. Still getting major slowdowns in Rattay prior 1.4 and I thought I read a tweet somewhere that there'd be CPU optimization for this patch.

hilfazer

Scholar
I loaded my save on new patch and the interrogation main quest immidiately fails.
I tried it with other saves and same story. A fucking main quest fails. That's new to me.

I don't know what will happen if i go to meet with Radzik and Hanus, will check tomorrow.

Edit:
Nothing happens. I can't progress with the story or at least game does not tell me what to do now.

Last edited:

Jinn

Arcane
From all reports, performance and optimization has not changed for anyone. Not to mention it was not mentioned at all in the patch release announcement. Fucking sucks. I've been waiting a couple weeks now for an optimization patch so I could continue my playthrough, which I'm currently at about 30 hours with. Guess the wait continues.

soulburner

Cipher
Can't find any comparison screenshots between the "standard" and "HD" textures, so if anyone could show them, please do.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
There's a trick to actually download and install the HD packs coz they fucked up the Steam implementation. You have to restart Steam, re-check the DLCs in the Properties - DLC tab in the Library and wait for the download (about 10 GB).

From all reports, performance and optimization has not changed for anyone. Not to mention it was not mentioned at all in the patch release announcement. Fucking sucks. I've been waiting a couple weeks now for an optimization patch so I could continue my playthrough, which I'm currently at about 30 hours with. Guess the wait continues.

I already gave up waiting and uninstalled until I upgrade my PC sometime in the future. Seems like I was right to do it.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
From what I've seen there are two kinds of performance complaints - one about choppy framerate in towns and bad texture streaming, which are known issues being solved. And second coming from people running the game on ancient laptops on Medium/High details and being angry they can't get over 20 FPS.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
Yeah, no one with a decent machine could ever possibly have bad performance in a badly optimized game, just upgrade your potato bro XDDDDD.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
90% of the time, my i7-8700k/1070ti combo gets 60.

I get drops:
During all battle scenes
During many, many cutscenes, some of which run at 20~ fps
Entering towns.

I have i5, RX 480. I get 35-55 FPS on most Ultra settings except lightning and shaders both of which are Medium. I don't mind the range, my preference is details above performance.
All cutscenes are locked to 30 FPS for me. As for people with laggy FPS, it's a FreeSync monitor problem which is revealed in 20 seconds of googling.
Towns are sometimes laggy because of a known lightning issue. Should be fixed by now tho?

What is texture streaming? is it that thing that causes textures to pop in constantly while I ride around the world?

Yes. That's most likely a low RAM issue altho why it happens to PC users with 16+ GB RAM is a mystery to me. Maybe Smejki can explain?

Last edited:

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
the joke shd've been higher texture packs to improve performance.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
the joke shd've been higher texture packs to improve performance.

1.4 did improve performance, it cleared a lot of the lagging I've seen so far. There's still some tho, mostly minor.

Plus the HD pack has only a minuscule effect on the performance which is nice.

Doctor Sbaitso

SO, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS.
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands
You forgot some assembly required and batteries not included.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom