Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance - Dan Vavra's medieval chad simulator

agris

Arcane
Patron
For those with pop-in problems and lag spikes

I think this (worse texture pop-in post 1.4 series of patches) is related to the game setting r_TexturesStreamingMaxRequestedMB. Lots of mods on the Nexus (incorrectly) think that by increasing this value, you will reduce the pop-in, but it is quite the contrary. According to CRYENGINE documentation, I believe this is the maximum requested size before the streaming job is executed, thus a higher value means your pop-in will be worse, because more data needs to be requested before the streaming request is executed.

The game shipped and up into the 1.3.X line, this value was r_TexturesStreamingMaxRequestedMB = 2. In either 1.3.4 or 1.4.0 (I don't remember, sorry), the value was changed to 20 and pop-in got worse. Now, I think this is related to their performance optimization. A small value of MaxRequestedMB means that more streaming jobs are constantly being created and executed, because texture streams are being processed in smaller and smaller chunks. So, to reduce lag and hiccups, you would increase this value. But, for those of us with fast enough SSDs, it makes the pop-in worse.

So do this, play with the r_TexturesStreamingMaxRequestedMB variable and see if it makes a difference in your game. Go to one of the locations where pop-in is bad, like outside the Sassau castle or inside Rattay. Play with the value, I bet if you find you decrease it back to 2 (might require the game restarting - to make the setting stick via user.cfg).

I have an older CPU and get occasional lag spikes, so I settled on 5 (remember, the game shipped with 2, and is currently set to 20). Still, the pop-in at 5 is worse than when I had it at 2, but much much better than when using some mods that recommend insanely high values.

Other settings to consider tweaking are:

r_TexturesStreamingMinReadSizeKB
r_TexturesStreamingMaxRequestedJobs

The default value for the first CVAR is 64, and 32 for the 2nd. That is on very high settings, and I doubt it changes based on game settings but FYI. If you have a lot of CPU cores and a fast SSD, I would change the 1st to 32, and the 2nd to 48 or 64.

Lastly, since the streaming system is using CPU cores, as is the rest of the game, I hope people are availing themselves of

sys_main_CPU
sys_physics_CPU
sys_streaming_CPU

CVARs. The game stupidly assigns (or did as of 1.3.X) the MAIN process to CPU core 0, the one that is mostly used by Windows. Instead (for a 4 core system), use sys_main_CPU = 1, sys_physics_CPU = 0 and sys_streaming_CPU = 3. If you had 6 cores, use 2, 0 and 4, respectively. If you have 8, you can get entirely away from using the OS's core for physics and use 3, 1 and 6.

You want to space them out as I've laid out above so that when CPU utilization gets too high on say, logical core 1, the next logical core (#2) is free to take more work. You high core count people could really have fun with the streaming requested jobs tweaking, but sadly I can't.

Wilian

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Apparently 1.4 failed to install for me claiming that I don't have enough HD space for it while having more than 4x the required.

Well no problem, I restarted Steam and see if that helped. Nope. Reinstalled game, same claim. It makes 14.4mb file and then claims there's no space.

Is this game actively trying to get me to not play it c.c

Merlkir

Arcane
Developer
Didn't Vávra mention there might be an error in the update? I think they're trying to fix it.

Dexter

Arcane
I just saw the game's wikipedia page.

Jesus F. Christ those cunts are embedded even there.
The English Wiki has been overflowing with them for years, they were already very visible and active back in ~2012-2014 "defending" specific articles about topics important to them like Sarkeesian and GamerGate, if you look at the history of some of the Editors "contributing articles" you'll see that they're politically motivated and basically what Wikipedia defines as "Single Purpose Accounts" mostly "Editing" and "defending" articles with very specific similar topics about things that SJWs care about and people they consider "friend" or "foe" yet still don't get banned, this for instance is a big "contributor" who is also majorly involved on the Kingdom Come page, responsible for sneaking in language condemning the developers or Vavra specifically and preventing other people from Editing it: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Contributions/PeterTheFourth

Some of the other language articles are better though, for instance the German one points out that it's a retarded debate mainly sparked by English-speaking SJWs from sites like Polygon and Vice and point out that German-speaking "games magazines" handled it in a lot more nuanced way, for instance how "M! Games, Issue 294, March 2018, Page 51" has interviewed the Historical Institute of the RTHW Aachen who brought up the Johannes Gutenberg University Mainz that said "there have at most been Turkic people like the Cumans (who appear in the game), but otherwise the existence of nonwhite people is questionable": https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kingdom_Come:_Deliverance#Rassismus-Debatte

It also points to a YouTube interview of a "Prof. Dr. Winfried Eberhard" (Prof. of East European Middle Ages specialized in Poland, Bohemia and Hungary) from University Leipzig who was the former director of the Leibniz-Institute for History and Culture of Eastern Europe (GWZO) who apparently said that "the possibility, that Colored people were present in Middled-aged Bohemia is „relatively minor“ (you can switch on Autotranslate to get English Subtitles) and how other games like Witcher 3 were already "politically criticized" for being "racist", although they still manage to give faggy leftist Bloggers too much attention afterwards:

Last edited:

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
From all reports, performance and optimization has not changed for anyone. Not to mention it was not mentioned at all in the patch release announcement. Fucking sucks. I've been waiting a couple weeks now for an optimization patch so I could continue my playthrough, which I'm currently at about 30 hours with. Guess the wait continues.
Lower resolution and graphics settings. They might be developer company, but in comparison to what I did in my free time, they are amateurs.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
I just saw the game's wikipedia page.

Jesus F. Christ those cunts are embedded even there.
The English Wiki has been overflowing with them for years, they were already very visible and active back in ~2012-2014 "defending" specific articles about topics important to them like Sarkeesian and GamerGate, if you look at the history of some of the Editors "contributing articles" you'll see that they're politically motivated and basically what Wikipedia defines as "Single Purpose Accounts" mostly "Editing" and "defending" articles with very specific similar topics about things that SJWs care about and people they consider "friend" or "foe" yet still don't get banned, this for instance is a big "contributor" who was also involved on the Kingdom Come page: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Contributions/PeterTheFourth

Some of the other language articles are better though, for instance the German one points out that it's a retarded debate mainly sparked by English-speaking SJWs from sites like Polygon and Vice and point out that German-speaking "games magazines" handled it in a lot more nuanced way, for instance how "M! Games, Issue 294, March 2018, Page 51" has interviewed the Historical Institute of the RTHW Aachen who brought up the Johannes Gutenberg University Mainz that said "there have at most been Turkic people like the Cumans (who appear in the game), but otherwise the existence of nonwhite people is questionable": https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kingdom_Come:_Deliverance#Rassismus-Debatte

It also points to a YouTube interview of a "Prof. Dr. Winfried Eberhard" (Prof. of East European Middle Ages specialized in Poland, Bohemia and Hungary) from University Leipzig who was the former director of the Leibniz-Institute for History and Culture of Eastern Europe (GWZO) who apparently said that "the possibility, that Colored people were present in Middled-aged Bohemia is „relatively minor“ (you can switch on Autotranslate to get English Subtitles) and how other games like Witcher 3 were already "politically criticized" for being "racist", although they still manage to give faggy leftist Bloggers too much attention afterwards:

What that bullshit is still running? Czechs even have a saying about killing nonwhites instead of paying them. Actually I don't know if that saying started before or after abolishment of slavery in czech highlands. Its wording might also imply too old for work. (But it's most often used for payment after end of seasonal work. It originated before gypsie illegal immigration (during Leopold), otherwise all gypsies would be dead. When chechs and moravians lost they sovereignty to Hapsburgs they started bit shat on theirs state and started behaving as irresponsibly as Catalonians. And they didn't thought about future. xenophobia stayed, but only in words.)

And that's not even talking about how BADLY Elbe slavs behaved towards slaves.

Just out of curiosity, does he even know origin of the word "czech". And does he even know how the old name for czechs? That he should know without using Google when he's bulshiting like that. Basically everyone knows that before Charles university, when they needed to tone down killing foreigners, czechs were extraordinarily depriving property of every foreigner after they killed him to prevent him to talk about it... Even foreign merchants knew about it. There were three rules to survive merchant trip to czech highlands. 1. be white. 2. speak czech. 3. pay correct person for protection. Aside of one crocodile, there wasn't colored foreigner until Swedes ravaged the country. (I set aside foreign delegation. And possible curiosities.)

Jinn

Arcane
Lower resolution and graphics settings. They might be developer company, but in comparison to what I did in my free time, they are amateurs.

Thinking of building a new system soon anyways, so I'll probably just start over again after I do that.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Ok, it seems it'll take some time till this is in a proper stable condition. I mean the last patch introduced a save-breaking bug ffs.
I'm going to uninstall and I'll wait for the esteemed Codex consensus to green light it in the future

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Apparently 1.4 failed to install for me claiming that I don't have enough HD space for it while having more than 4x the required.

Well no problem, I restarted Steam and see if that helped. Nope. Reinstalled game, same claim. It makes 14.4mb file and then claims there's no space.

Is this game actively trying to get me to not play it c.c
Rule n. 26 Don't update game you are playing. Some updates are breaking saves, others change balance and you'd get different experience in the second half.

Deadass

Savant
DbsLJhp.jpg

hello guys i finished this game

Kaldurenik

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
There is some kind of memory leak problem the more time you play the worse the game runs?

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
I think so. Game feels noticably laggier and stutters more the more I alttab and play the game. Elex was really similar.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
85% is afaik the limit for their "Gold award", so it's a "meaningful" increase. Lower than that, games are mostly in the "good for what it is"/meh territory in the normie world.

After being fixed and with an expansion I would wager they could reach 90% ez pz.

Thanks guys for testing it for me, I will be playing this next year <3

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Wildgoose indeed.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom