Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance - Dan Vavra's medieval chad simulator

harhar!

Augur
I just want to see him getting smashed in the face by Kunesh.

Mortmal

Arcane
The RPS review says the game's events are developing in the 14th c....

How qualified for reviewing anything at all is a retard who thinks dates from the year 1400 onwards to 1499 are in the 14th century?!

And also, which century does he believe we currently are?!
Yeah, those fucking morons at RPS are dumb as fuck.
"The game portrays women in a negative way, there is no woman in power in a Medieval setting, and I don't know if their race portrayal is accurate either" and then they can't even write the correct century in which the game takes place.

To think I used to read that site until like four years ago, they've really gone downwards in the last years.

You wouldn't see a woman knight
Rare but possible, anna komene byzantine princess and scholar (1083 – 1153) , mentions with surprise that a woman in armor is coming to the first crusade fighting alongside with her husband. You wont have any mention of that from other scholars as they are all priests and not supposed to look at woman and even less write anything against the view of the church.

warpig

Incel Resistance Leader
Manlet
Played it for about 4,5 hours. I wish it was more "gamey" with the realism and larping toned down. Theres too much mundane stuff, your character having to eat etc. no thanks. I hate how you have to wait for your character to "realistically" pick up items or open doors, get up the ladder etc. thats so annoying. Combat - I just killed a few bandits and it feels kind of weird, the idea seems cool but there's some clunkyness to it, lack of feedback for the player idk something's off. The death animations when you kill your opponent look stupid - he just ragdoll-collapses in a funny way. Maybe I'll get more used to it...fucking lol almost 5h of playing and I killed maybe 3 guys XDDD
The good part: I really like the the story(so far), the setting and overall "athmosphere" of the game. I like the realistic look of the environments, castles, all the medieval weapons and armor etc. It's cool that characters look like regular people and not some stylized "heroes".

Oh and the saving is fucking retarded. Imagine u spent half an hour walking around and you have to do something irl but you cant's save XD (well you can with schnapps but its llimited). It doesnt make the game more "hardcore" or difficult just more tedious.

Last edited:

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
What is he doing? I ain't clickin' that shit.

He spends 70% of the stream time chatting with the stream. There are very short gameplay bursts in between 1 minute long thankings to subscribers and donors.

Lol I hate Twitch so much.
Then why did you post this. This is honorable site. We are doing discussions there, we are not receiving money from random people.

Mortmal

Arcane
Played it for about 4,5 hours. I wish it was more "gamey" with the realism and larping tomed down. Theres too much mundane stuff, your character having to eat etc. no thanks. I hate how you have to wait for your character to "realistically" pick up items or open doors, get up the ladder etc. thats so annoying. Comabat - I just killed a few bandits and it feels kind of weird, the idea seems cool but there's some clunkyness to it, lack of feedback for the player idk something's off. The death animations when you kill your opponent look stupid - he just ragdoll-collapses in a funny way. Maybe I'll get more used to it...fucking lol almost 5h of playing and I killed maybe 3 guys XDDD
The good part: I really like the the story(so far), the setting and overall "athmosphere" of the game. I like the realistic look of the environments, castles, all the medieval weapons and armor etc. It's cool that characters look like regular people and not some stylized "heroes".

Oh and the saving is fucking retarded. Imagine u spent half an hour walking around and you have to do something irl but you cant's save XD (well you can with schnapps but its llimited). It doesnt make the game more "hardcore" or difficult just more tedious.
There's a mod to get unlimited saves ,HIGHLY recommended, look in steam forums.

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The RPS review says the game's events are developing in the 14th c....

How qualified for reviewing anything at all is a retard who thinks dates from the year 1400 onwards to 1499 are in the 14th century?!

And also, which century does he believe we currently are?!
Yeah, those fucking morons at RPS are dumb as fuck.
"The game portrays women in a negative way, there is no woman in power in a Medieval setting, and I don't know if their race portrayal is accurate either" and then they can't even write the correct century in which the game takes place.

To think I used to read that site until like four years ago, they've really gone downwards in the last years.

You wouldn't see a woman knight
Rare but possible, anna komene byzantine princess and scholar (1083 – 1153) , mentions with surprise that a woman in armor is coming to the first crusade fighting alongside with her husband. You wont have any mention of that from other scholars as they are all priests and not supposed to look at woman and even less write anything against the view of the church.

As far as I know, women were never knighted. But there are indeed records of female men-at-arms, although they were a real oddity—usually they only show up in mercenary companies, not any lord’s retinue.

Sometimes female aristocrats would fight, or at least they would wear armor and lead armies in person. Usually in sieges but sometimes on the field, too. Anna Comnena also mentions Sichelgaeta of Salerno, the wife of Robert Guiscard, who led some of her husband’s troops during one of the Norman invasions of the Byzantine Empire (if you play CK2, any woman with a military score that high probably participated in a battle). A lot of this was public relations, though, like Eleanor of Aquitaine riding around topless in the second crusade.

Edit: the save system is not wonderful, but looks like modders already fixed it. Next time someone says “modders will fix it” derisively, know that I spit in your face.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Played it for about 4,5 hours. I wish it was more "gamey" with the realism and larping tomed down. Theres too much mundane stuff, your character having to eat etc. no thanks. I hate how you have to wait for your character to "realistically" pick up items or open doors, get up the ladder etc. thats so annoying. Comabat - I just killed a few bandits and it feels kind of weird, the idea seems cool but there's some clunkyness to it, lack of feedback for the player idk something's off. The death animations when you kill your opponent look stupid - he just ragdoll-collapses in a funny way. Maybe I'll get more used to it...fucking lol almost 5h of playing and I killed maybe 3 guys XDDD

There's a mod to get unlimited saves ,HIGHLY recommended, look in steam forums.

MODDERS WILL FIX IT

Alexios

Augur
Patron
Skills are increased the more you use them, similar to Elder Scrolls games, but better. Get into a few fist fights and see "hand to hand improved" pop up on the screen. The game also has a Base character level that acts more as a tracker of progress than an actual character progression. However in addition to that there are certain traits you can get once you improve your skill to a certain level. For example improve your Charisma to level 2 and you can unlock a trait called "Manly Odor", improves your talking to the ladies by a certain percentage but lowers your stealth.The game does a really good job pairing positives with negatives in the trait tree, encouraging specialized gameplay and preventing you from just being good at everything.

This game is literally Oblivion without magic.

Mortmal

Arcane
Skills are increased the more you use them, similar to Elder Scrolls games, but better. Get into a few fist fights and see "hand to hand improved" pop up on the screen. The game also has a Base character level that acts more as a tracker of progress than an actual character progression. However in addition to that there are certain traits you can get once you improve your skill to a certain level. For example improve your Charisma to level 2 and you can unlock a trait called "Manly Odor", improves your talking to the ladies by a certain percentage but lowers your stealth.The game does a really good job pairing positives with negatives in the trait tree, encouraging specialized gameplay and preventing you from just being good at everything.

This game is literally Oblivion without magic.
Hell no, despite the bugs some clunkyness, not the best performance, no character customization, not even female character as expected from the kickstarter, i am still enjoying it . It has great parts and could become a classic.Too early to say but the more i play the more i like it.

Last edited:

Maggot

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
Played it a bit. Story is interesting, game runs like shit with stuttering, and the combat feels like it was made for controllers with the retarded soft lock camera system. Other than that it's okay but it really does remind me of medieval Oblivion. Maybe in 6 months when they patch it up it will be better.

Ezeekiel

Liturgist
Impressions after completing the opening section:

Presentation: Excellent, lots of polish although the interface looks console focused and unwieldy
Systems: Haven't got far enough in to have any views at this time, although lockpicking seems impossible and the combat is a little clumsy
Story: The thing that happens once you get through the tutorial is very well done although it is one long cutscene. Still, it helps explain why you - a peasant - suddenly get swept into the grand politics of the time.
Dialogue and Voice Acting: Nothing special, feels like any other European RPG, although the guy who voices your dad is really good
Graphics and Performance: Playing on medium, looks good, runs at around 30-40 FPS at 1920x1080 (Core 2 Quad 9660, GeForce 960, 8GB RAM)
Music: Really cheesy, like an early 90s TV show
Weighting Factor: SJWs seem to hate it for no reason 10/10

A tip - don't try to click past the opening movies or the game will crash. Just wait until the 'Skip' button appears, then you're safe. Also, don't even try to play it without updating your drivers.

Do you get random freezing for a few seconds, often multiple times in a row, in between the more fluid gameplay or is it always 30-40 fps with no sudden drops to zero?

Sam Ecorners

Arcane
Patron
Stopped after playing for the whole day. Finished Ginger's quest, but haven't gone to Uzhitz yet, instead decided to comb through side quests.

I actually think the story so far is pretty derivative. Blacksmith's son, revenge, muh political intrigue, muh good nobles and asshole nobles, it's cliched as fuck generic medieval rags to riches story, which would've been bad if there were lots of medieval games, but there aren't, so it's totally acceptable. The character system is a pretty boring Elder Scrolls knock off: level up skills by using them, getting perk points which you use to unlock more skills/abilities. NPC scripting/pathfinding is horrible, performance super inconsistent, music ranging from cheesy syfy to pretty good, pop in is annoying, cities are barren and inventory is stupid. It's simulationist gameplay design, the game.

BUT BUT BUT, with all that being said, its clunkiness mostly reminds me of late 90s/early 00s 3d games, which were made by passionate developers and not marketing committees. It's not perfect, it's not great, ot even that good, but at least it has vision and atmosphere coming out of its ass. I can't wait to get back to it.

In before prosper/retarded/decline/whatever.

Smejki

Larian Studios, ex-Warhorse
Developer
Have to add, the no saving thing add a lot to the tension to the combat and general exploring. Ran into a group of bandits, and instead of trying to kill them and reverting I had to flee like the coward I am through the forest.
Agreed. I felt like a junkie hitting F5 & F9 constantly to no avail.

Not many developers do high risk systems, good to have another RPG/Hybrid attempting it - the Dark-Souls Formula is getting old.

Meh...I for one would lobby Warhorse and Smejki to consider not removing the save potions but making it MUCH more abundant - MUCH easier to make and MUCH cheaper to buy. To the point that it'd be hard to run out if you're not playing like a retard.

Because tension smension. First, if the game crashes or bugs out and you lose hours of progress it fucking SUCKS. Especially in an open-world RPG. But even if it's your fault and you do something retarded or simply forget to save....losing progress still sucks. But if Warhorse really think they can afford to piss off kasuals and konsolers like that then by all means, keep the system as it is.

But right now I'm seeing a lot of whining about saving. And that coupled with all the "awesome game but some bugs, 4/10" reviews doen't make it easier for the game.
We had to disable Save & Quit because of technical issues. But it should be reintroduced with the next patch. Assuming we resolve all the bugs. That should alleviate the criticisms a bit.

Beastro

Arcane
There were powerful women in the middle ages. For starters, i'm pretty sure queens were granted far greater authority and respect than any male denizen of the land besides her husband. What didn't exist in the middle ages was any notion of equality between the sexes, which doesn't necessarily mean what SJWs think it means. You wouldn't see a woman knight but at the same time there was no such thing as men brutally and wantonly raping women on a whim, or any retarded shit they believe happened back then. Yeah, go try to rape a random woman in the streets and see how fast her family would come after you to pin you to a wall with spears, assuming the lord of the area didn't strung you up to a tree and left your carcass to get picked off by birds first. I mean, seriously, for fuck's sake.

Hell even in something like 50s Westerns it's a common thing in episodes for everyone to look at the justice minded hero as a weirdo for wanting to arrest a woman for committing a crime short of murder, and even then the death penalty was never on the table, showing how recently things changed.

Smejki

Larian Studios, ex-Warhorse
Developer
It's a glorious mess, as expected.

A4932EB20E631760B47ED4AEA55DFC9C105C0C8F

It's me, levitating on my trusty steed through the stable roof, on a quest to escape the castle in order to bury my parents' remains.
Bug reported. Need repro!

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Angry Joe trying to fight the Cumans over and over again even though he clearly has the quest "Run!" active and the entire chat is shouting "RUN!".

He gave up after like 10 attempts.

Then he started again as he's chased by the three Cuman horsemen.

"Maybe on a horseback I can take them!"

Gets killed some more.

Gets all annoyed he has to do the sequence from the start.

A damaged brain at its best.

Generally he seems to kindda like it tho. His biggest complaint so far is Divish's voice doesn't match his age. :guntomytemple:

Ezeekiel

Liturgist
Angry Joe trying to fight the Cumans over and over again even though he clearly has the quest "Run!" active and the entire chat is shouting "RUN!".

He gave up after like 10 attempts.

Then he started again as he's chased by the three Cuman horsemen.

"Maybe on a horseback I can take them!"

Gets killed some more.

Gets all annoyed he has to do the sequence from the start.

A damaged brain at its best.

Generally he seems to kindda like it tho. His biggest complaint so far is Divish's voice doesn't match his age. :guntomytemple:

Quick, someone accuse him of racism for trying to murder peaceful immigrants!

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
The game looks great.

No shitty color filtering, no pissbloom, and no oversaturation or desaturation, either—just vivid but straightforward colors and clean visuals. Costumes and period set pieces seem to be on-point, too. I'm going to wait a month or so for bug fixes and to get a Codex consensus from people whose opinions aren't shit.

Smejki How do you feel about all the uneducated retards who think that the game is set in the 14th century? It's not just in the "gaming journalist" reviews, it's everywhere.

Maggot

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
One thing I will say though is that I actually feel like continuing my game unlike TW3 which I could only play for a couple of hours. I was also impressed at how you could
get arrested at the start of the game and die in jail when the Hungarians invade

Is there any non-persuasive way to
get out of castle Talmberg?
That's what I did except I took the 25 coins from the lady anyways.

This game has a striking resemblance to Oblivion. Did they do that on purpose? lol
What? KCD looks like a Dysneyland?
Getting a high tier sword and losing it at the start of the game is just like Oblivion. It also just has the same general feel to me roaming around except without grating writing and dialogue. Another thing I enjoy is how not everyone is speaking in an English accent.

Hoaxmetal

Arcane
Smejki How do you feel about all the uneducated retards who think that the game is set in the 14th century? It's not just in the "gaming journalist" reviews, it's everywhere.
1403, ~4 years into the 15th century. Wow, such retards.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom