Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance - Dan Vavra's medieval chad simulator

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
It should still be available on some torrent sites. Wish they just made that demo free on their own site instead so it's preserved.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
Well, then you're shit out of luck. Unless you were a backer who got access to it your only option is piracy.

Smejki

Larian Studios, ex-Warhorse
Developer
Pictures from version Alpha 0.5
I'll never forgive us for dropping the night time fireflies.
2nhkxvo.jpg

same scene during daytime
9syus9.jpg

Paul_cz

Arcane
Here are some shots from 0.5 beta. Yes the game still looks great but I really hope sequel will have forests like this again. I do prefer 60fps with worse graphics over 30 with better though.

00074nvz07.jpg

00045wylc5.jpg

00038seyma.jpg

00033yhyzz.jpg

00015q5sfe.jpg

000282psr5.jpg

SlamDunk

Arcane
I really hope sequel will have forests like this again.
...and not like that but even better! More polygonized (instead of cardboard-cutout-looking vegetation/shrubbery etc.), with volumetric lighting and with better global illumination. Thank you very much.

EDIT #1: Forgot to add that it should be more physicalized as well, with as many things as possible reacting physically to the player, NPCs, arrows, wind etc. and making proper sound while doing so. I mean, back in 2007, Crysis had leaves reacting to bullets.

- - -

EDIT #2: Royal Edition coming May 28.

https://www.amazon.com/Kingdom-Come-Deliverance-Royal-Xbox-One/dp/B07PWJ25M6/
Amazon said:
  • Includes Kingdom Come: Deliverance + all previously released DLC (Treasures of the Past, From the Ashes, The Amorous Adventures of Sir Hans Capon, Band of Bastards)
  • Includes all new DLC “A Woman's Lot” where you play as “Theresa” in a standalone questline

Last edited:
Possibly Retarded The Real Fanboy
Being medieval redneck mobbed by his feudal masters and their allah counterparts is quite refreshing from perspective
of modern citizen [especially star citizen] and it leads to the background of what Marx wrote in Das Kapital .
KDC is one of these games which are rather pain in the ass to play due to retarded mechanics but hard to forget that You actually played them [Gothic i look at You] .
I never forget my first medieval abuse of free cow hunting or romantic nights with sheeps on green fields around Ratay castle.
It's so exciting to push all mouse buttons like madman only to realize that sword is not minigun or spell launcher, not to mention being molested by noble wife of your feudal master.

Some roleplaying LARP inside KDC ideas for the sequel:
About society:

As for dismember mechanics:

Last edited:

Paul_cz

Arcane
Where are the modding tools?? I am waiting to replay this with all the DLC and modding tools.
Well logically, those should be getting released after the royal edition is out and Warhorse are done with further development of KCD1.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
http://www.gamasutra.com/view/press...King_of_2018_proclaims_Royal_announcement.php

Kingdom Come: Deliverance – RPG-King of 2018 proclaims Royal announcement

March 28 2019 - Celebrating the first anniversary of the million-selling medieval roleplaying Game Kingdom Come: Deliverance, Warhorse Studios/Deep Silver proudly announce the Royal Edition for PlayStation®4, the Xbox one family of devices including the Xbox One X as well as Windows PC. Fans will get the unique experience of what has been one of the critically most acclaimed games of the year 2018 as of 28 of May 2019. The Royal Edition includes the base game in its enhanced version as well as all free and paid DLCs released so far. In addition buyers of the Royal Edition will get access to the upcoming “A Woman’s Lot” content when it is released.

Celebrating the announcement, visitors of this year’s PAX East in Boston are invited to get a closer look on the game and the last DLC Band of Bastards at the Deep Silver area (part of the THQ Nordic Booth).

Press Material for Kingdom Come: Deliverance as Download:

Content overview Royal Edition:

All offers guarantee the full Kingdom Come: Deliverance experience including:

- Treasures of the Past

The Treasures of the Past unlocks unique treasure maps and additional in-game armour for Henry.

- From The Ashes

As the newly appointed bailiff players have to decide which structures to build first, how they want to attract people and how to settle disputes amongst the citizens. A bailiff’s lot is hard for sure, but even he can enjoy some fun after a hard day’s work. Taking one of the new horses for a ride, rolling the dice or just visit the local tavern – which he just ordered to be assembled - are just some of the activities that are introduced to the game with From the Ashes.

- The Amorous Adventures of bold Sir Hans Capon

Amorous Adventures challenges players to help their friend Hans Capon. Hans is in love and he needs Henry’s guidance to conquer the heart of beautiful Karolina. However, things turn out to be trickier than expected. A lost family jewel, a magic love potion and the most romantic poem of all promise many hours of new fun moments in Kingdom Come: Deliverance.

- Band of Bastards

This add-on lets players accompany a group of mercenaries guarding the roads. Caught in a web of old, well fertilized hatred between Radzig Kobyla and another noble family they are hired to protect Radzig’s realm. Players will join this group of troubling men, led by the notorious Sir Kuno Baron von Rychwald, not only to assist them, but also to keep them in line.

- A Woman’s Lot

Details on the fourth and upcoming DLC which will feature Henry’s close friend Theresa will be revealed at a later point.

More information to be announced soon.

The Music of Kingdom Come: Deliverance

Alongside today’s reveal Warhorse Studios are releasing a extended recording of the latest Kingdom Come: Deliverance in concert. The video features the full 60 minutes of the Kingdom Come Soundtrack performed live by the Filharmonia Hradec Králové Orchestra in Prague. You can watch the concert here: https://youtu.be/rqhv1lshGEk

For fans of the atmospheric music, the full soundtrack is now available on Steam for purchase.

About Kingdom Come: Deliverance
Kingdom Come: Deliverance is a story-driven open-world RPG that immerses you in an epic adventure in the Holy Roman Empire. Avenge your parents' death as you battle invading forces, go on game-changing quests, and make influential choices. Explore majestic castles, deep forests, thriving villages and countless other realistic settings in medieval Bohemia!

· Massive realistic open world: Majestic castles, vast fields, all rendered in stunning high-end graphics

· Non-linear story: Solve quests in multiple ways, then face the consequences of your decisions

· Challenging combat: Distance, stealth, or melee. Choose your weapons and execute dozens of unique combos in battles that are as thrilling as they are merciless

· Character development: Choose your equipment, improve your skills, and earn new perks

· Dynamic world: Your actions influence the reactions of the people around you. Fight, steal, seduce, threaten, persuade, or bribe. It’s all up to you

· Historically inspired: Meet real historical characters and experience the genuine look and feel of medieval Bohemia

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
I hope the Women DLC is nothing but 8 hours of baking bread and looking after the kids. You know, a woman's lot during the Middle Ages. Also it would infuriate the usual suspects.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom