Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance - Dan Vavra's medieval chad simulator

Cadmus

Arcane
It seems too low to me as well which is why I think there is something wrong with the game or some conflict with the PC.
Everybody is rating me retarded because the game is good and Im complaining in all caps but that doesnt change the fact the game should run better as Smejki says and I wanted to know if anybody even cares about the performance.

Uniqueness, interactivity, diversity in models and general systems are far more demanding than textures, lighting and shadows or even 3d models complexity, specially in the large open world context. This is -very- basic video games knowledge. Partially this is because the different level of the average/enthusiast CPU and GPU and what each of them work on.

This is a problem in every game oriented toward uniqueness and in the last years towards complex npc schedules also, so many guys tend to think that "grrrraphicsss" are the heaviest part concerning game performance so they complaint about bad optimization independently of what every game adds in regard amount of different content and systems -npc schedules included- complexity.
But that's what I'm asking about.
On the other hand, you should know perfectly well with your "very advanced game knowledge" that often times even indie, shitting looking games perform terribly only due to the optimization being too expensive for them.

Last edited:

SlamDunk

Arcane
doesnt change the fact the game should run better
Those specs of yours are pretty much on the mid-spec side, to be honest. What settings are you using?

Are you also using an HDD as the Windows and games drive? Hope not! PCI-e SSD is the way to go, these days, espcecially with KCD.

Cadmus

Arcane
I'm running stuff on Medium, gotta check again.
The game and windows are on SSD.
Lowering the settings to ugly barely makes any dent into the FPS so I suppose the magic is either something is shit or the FPS is low because of something that's not in the settings, like the AI computations or clothing layers or who the fuck knows.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
the game run flawlessly for the most part. the only place it lagged is when big battle come like the assault of bandit camp in the forest. that's just understandable

Paul_cz

Arcane
It seems too low to me as well which is why I think there is something wrong with the game or some conflict with the PC.
I would check temperatures, drivers, make sure nothing at all is running in background, make sure swap file is big enough (8GB at least) and located on SSD. Maybe overclock the CPU if possible, since the CPU is the bottleneck.

SlamDunk

Arcane
the game run flawlessly for the most part.
Same here. 1920x1200 at max settings I get 60fps vsynched except for Rattay and large battles. Then it dips to 40, or so. Using Ryzen 2700X, 32GB DDR4 3.2GHz, Samsung SSD 960 Pro, GTX 1080 Ti and Windows 10.

Last edited:

sullynathan

Arcane
I played a bit of the game on a pc with comparable specs to cadmus on ultra/ high and got 30 - 40 fps usually. Perhaps it's his computer

if we spawned non-lootable graphically simplified generic NPCs around you as you move through the sapece, just like Witcher 3 or GTA does
R* has moved on from this in RDR2.

Starwars

Arcane
The game runs pretty well for me on my old ass rig now. But my cpu is definitely a bottleneck. I do get a bit of chop when in Rattay and also when riding fast through some settlements, guess it struggles with the NPCs a bit. Doesn't really bother me though.

I do think it's a bit unfortunate for the game that there are two areas with pretty terrible performance while it's still getting started. First is in Skalitz when you go down to the market where the charcoal burner is. And then in Talmberg when you walk around up on the walls in the middle of the night (when Radzig and refugees arrive in the storm).
I have a feeling that these two instances probably turned a lot of people off the game actually because it's very easy to believe that the whole game will be as uneven in performance as it is in these areas.

25-40 FPS with GTX 1060 6 GB, 8 GB RAM and i5 6500 3,2 GHz
this is way too low unless you are running ultra preset or something

It ran at 40-60 FPS, above 50 most of the time for me using mix of High/Very High/Ultra settings with all draw distances maxed on i5-8400, 16GB RAM and GTX1060. It would only go below 40 (but never below 30) during nights in town when everyone is walking around with torches. It didn't feel bothersome due to low visibility I guess. And nights in towns sure look great. Maybe he's running out of RAM? His CPU is weaker than mine but not too old.
Normally I would hate the performance I got but with slow ass game like KCD it didn't feel like a big deal. Gameplay felt smooth throughout.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Everybody is rating me retarded because the game is good and Im complaining in all caps but that doesnt change the fact the game should run better as Smejki says and I wanted to know if anybody even cares about the performance..
People are rating you retard because you are acting like an edgy retard, attacking the game with all the "totally different game X runs better" and "greedy devs are to blame" garbage from clickbait Youtube videos. The guy is explaining to you why the game runs slower and you still keep accusing him of riding the hype train to vomit DLCs... grow the fuck up.

I have a GTX 1060 as well, 8GB RAM and an i5 8400. And I run it at smooth 60fps with most options on very high. Other people in this thread with hardware similar to yours are also having good performance, clearly there's something wrong with your PC/configuration, yet you are still running the game at 25-40fps and acting as if it was a unplayable broken mess running at 5fps.

Cadmus

Arcane
Everybody is rating me retarded because the game is good and Im complaining in all caps but that doesnt change the fact the game should run better as Smejki says and I wanted to know if anybody even cares about the performance..
People are rating you retard because you are acting like an edgy retard, attacking the game with all the "totally different game X runs better" and "greedy devs are to blame" garbage from clickbait Youtube videos. The guy is explaining to you why the game runs slower and you still keep accusing him of riding the hype train to vomit DLCs... grow the fuck up.

I have a GTX 1060 as well, 8GB RAM and an i5 8400. And I run it at smooth 60fps with most options on very high. Other people in this thread with hardware similar to yours are also having good performance, clearly there's something wrong with your PC/configuration, yet you are still running the game at 25-40fps and acting as if it was a unplayable broken mess running at 5fps.
the combat is unplayable at 25 FPS you moron

moon knight

Matt7895's alt

the combat is unplayable at 25 FPS you moron

Lower your graphic settings

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Smejki can you tell me, am I supposed to be getting between 25-40 FPS with GTX 1060 6 GB, 8 GB RAM and i5 6500 3,2 GHz
honestly, the game optimalization has been really disappointing

You can always improve the optimization, just like you can always improve anything with enough time and resources. That said you don't meet the "Recommended" settings as stated by the developer - i7, 16 GB RAM and 1060. So you can't really complain the game doesn't run butter smooth for you.

Btw I sport RX 480, i5 and 16 GB RAM and I'm running the game on 30-45 FPS. Eminently playable even though I don't meet the recommended settings either.

Maybe you should optimize your rig.

moon knight

Matt7895's alt
I also think we overdo some stuff. Have you ever tried to make sense of how the NPCs in cities work in Witcher 3? What the clothing system allows? Have you ever tried to analyze its crime system and general NPC reactions to your actions? This is all the stuff we do differently and it takes its toll. It really isn't only about

No, you didn't overdo it, the complexity of the systems you have created was necessary to make the world feel believable, almost immersive sim like, given the relative small scale of the settlements, where TW3 could get aways with an implementation of NPCs schedule simil to GTA in Novigrad, given the scale of that city. So good job in that but I also think those system can still be improved. The crime system you mentioned, for example, feels kinda disconnected from the main quest and the role playing elements. Kinda like there are two design phylosophies competeting against each other. The sim design on one hand, and the role playing one on the other. Committing crimes does not influence the main quests or even the side quests, in my experience, and this also means that there are no significant differencies between playing as a "good guy" or a criminal. You can't do both without any "gating", without repercussion. IT could be improved already by simply introducing a death penalty for really heinous crimes, like killing half of the popoulation of Sassau. Imprisonment and then cutscene where you are executed. It would also be a way to "use" the executioner already in the game.

SlamDunk

Arcane
Last edited:

Paul_cz

Arcane
Guessing the next Kingdom Come game will be an Epic exclusive considering the publisher?
I would say it is fairly 99% probable that by the time next Kingdom Come rolls out in 2022/2023, Epic will either have established enough presence on the market that they will not need to do exclusives anymore, or will have given up and closed shop.

Also, by that time Epic Store might actually not be a useless piece of shit, who knows.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Yes, it is pointless to speculate about Epic-exclusivity for games that aren't coming out in 2019, let alone years from now.

Last edited:

SlamDunk

Arcane
I don't give a rats hairy ass where a game gets published or what online gaming platform I play my games on. All I care about is the price. I currently have 5 platforms installed and have never felt it to be a hindrance or a chore.

Last edited:

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I don't give a rats hairy ass where a game gets published or on what online gaming platform I play my games on. All I care about is the price. I currently have 5 platforms installed and have never felt it to be a hindrance nor a chore.
I hardly notice anymore what gets launched through what. Steam, uPlay, Origin, Epic, Galaxy, Battle.net or the weird anachronistic shit that comes with Age of Wonders 3...don't care. I just click on the desktop icon of the game I wanna play and something launches.

That said the next Warhorse game haven't been announced yet, probably isn't even in pre-production yet, so talking about exclusives is kookoo.

sininen

Novice
This right here is a fallacy. One cannot optimize a game by throwing 100 animators, writers, scripters, concept artists, 3d artists, cinematic artist... etc. In practice DLC development and optimization are independent parallel processes. You need programmers to optimize shit and a sizeable chunk of them have been working on optimization.

Not related to the quoted message, but on the PS4 store there are two seemingly identical versions tthe game to buy, only apparent difference is that the other costs 40€ and the other 60€.
Screenshot-20190410-052158.jpg

Smejki

Larian Studios, ex-Warhorse
Developer
Just as I expected it's a temporary hiccup in the system
This has just been fixed and will be live on the store within the next hour or so.
The artefact item on the Finnish store was the old pre-order which re-appeared when the new price change went live – nothing to worry about.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom