Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance - Dan Vavra's medieval chad simulator

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
And we're already starting to see a gap between journos and players, with player score being higher. And most of the metacritic negative reviews are "Bugged and runs like shit. 0/10", which should be phased out once the post release patches start rolling in. I imagine this game can easily reach a 85 user score and "very positive" on Steam. :incline:

I have yet to download my backer copy. Should I do it today or wait for another patch? I'm still having fun with Endless Space 2, so no rush.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The game needs a dedicated subforum and specifically an optimization topic, it's hard to keep track of all the tips

Starwars

Arcane
I played around a bit in the tutorial village. Also getting freezes every now and then. Actual FPS is fine but whenever I'm in the town, I get freezes that last a few seconds and then it's back to regular FPS again.

Seems good otherwise but will not be playable for me if this is how it will play in the places with more NPCs around.

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy
Bows really make the game too easy especially in the early part of the game, I killed a 10+ party of bandits and cumans with single shots to the face without taking damage, almost nullifying the melee combat for me which is horrendous in fights with multiple enemies.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Update regarding freezing issues every few secs: This has indeed stopped after I cleared the prologue, just like the guys on the steam forums said.
Interesting. Can play fine now. FPS varies of course, but oh well.
Hmm, might be related to NPC headcount. Do you have similar issues in other bigger cities?
Similar here. I decided to close my eyes and play a bit further and am now back in the starting village to do SPOILER business with my parents.
And the framerate is at least stable on low settings now, at 30-60fps and was so while I was in the Talberg village, too. Playable, so I'll continue - likely until the next city where 4+ people on screen at the same time will make the FPS drop like crazy again.
What's your CPU?
Sounds like your unit
screen_shot_2013-08-26_at_5.03.00_pm_1200x1200.png
the simulation.
i7-4790. 8 cores @3.6Ghz should be enough to simulate a few people standing around, doing essentially nothing but their idle animation. :lol:
At least it is enough for thousands of units in Ashes Of Singularity and similar games, or entire towns full of way more people ala Dishonored, Assassins Creed, Witcher 3, etc.
As I said numerous times, this is THE ONLY GAME I've had problems like this with. It is also the only game I've played using CryEngine 4, so... to me, everything points away from my rig as the cause.

Elex

Arbiter
Where is the trader for lockpicks in the starting village?

Talk to your shit throwing buddies.

After throwing shit and meeting behind that house of the guy you beat up for daddy they didn't want to talk to me and dispersed. I have to find them in the village again?

Ahh, I assumed you wanted to open Kunesh's chest.
But, since that is clearly not the case, I don't know. You'll be able to get some lockpicks in the second town and come back to Scalitz to open some of the containers.

I just saw like 20+ locked containers while stealing and wanted to open them, figured skilling lockpicking would only get harder than in the tutorial.

Did anyone manage to kill the lone enemy who spawns behind you after you get the RUN! objective? It's right after a autosave point so it seems like good practice.

To answer my own question, you can knock out (crouch behind and F) a bunch of lone villagers and take their house+chest keys. Afterwards you move their corpse and kill them with an axe (for free XP :incline:). In particular Deutsche (the guy whose house you decorate) has around 1000 groschlings in loot on himself and is alone on the other side of the shitstained wall.

I managed to kill the Hungarian but it took me about 10 tries. He also drops around 1000 in loot. Advice is to use the rocks in the left corner in front of you.
finally the murder hobo simulator we deserve!

Parabalus

Arcane
men, pick up all the plants.
5min of picking up nettles made me the richest guy in the village

5 mins? More like 2 years. Seriously all that "immershun" animations are cancer. As if the game isn't clunky enough.

The plant looting is AoE and increases with herbalism skill. So after 5 min you can loot the center of a cluster and it's fast.

Regarding performance, I'm playing with Ryzen 5 1600 , 8 Gb RAM and 1050 TI - on medium 90+ FPS, no spikes.

Elex

Arbiter
No concrete numbers but Piranha Bytes and especially THQ Nordic are not satisfied with ELEX's sales figures. A lot of refunds is the issue, they say.

I'm sorry to hear that, actually. I quite enjoyed Elex, as it kept me engrossed from start to finish.

Hopefully they aren't forced to soften up the systems and make it more Kotaku friendly. Honestly if they just improved the combat and stepped up the graphics I think Elex 2 would be a no brainer.

As for KCD, I'm happy their sales are good right out of the gate! I'm loving the game so far!
elex 2 was confirmed in development basically one day after release.

Smejki

Larian Studios, ex-Warhorse
Developer
Update regarding freezing issues every few secs: This has indeed stopped after I cleared the prologue, just like the guys on the steam forums said.
Interesting. Can play fine now. FPS varies of course, but oh well.
Hmm, might be related to NPC headcount. Do you have similar issues in other bigger cities?
Similar here. I decided to close my eyes and play a bit further and am now back in the starting village to do SPOILER business with my parents.
And the framerate is at least stable on low settings now, at 30-60fps and was so while I was in the Talberg village, too. Playable, so I'll continue - likely until the next city where 4+ people on screen at the same time will make the FPS drop like crazy again.
What's your CPU?
Sounds like your unit
screen_shot_2013-08-26_at_5.03.00_pm_1200x1200.png
the simulation.
i7-4790. 8 cores @3.6Ghz should be enough to simulate a few people standing around, doing essentially nothing but their idle animation. :lol:
At least it is enough for thousands of units in Ashes Of Singularity and similar games, or entire towns full of way more people ala Dishonored, Assassins Creed, Witcher 3, etc.
As I said numerous times, this is THE ONLY GAME I've had problems like this with. It is also the only game I've played using CryEngine 4, so... to me, everything point away from my rig as the cause.
That's a monstermachine. Should be alright. Ok then, give me your full specs pls. Will forward them

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
As I said numerous times, this is THE ONLY GAME I've had problems like this with. It is also the only game I've played using CryEngine 4, so... to me, everything point away from my rig as the cause.
That's a monstermachine. Should be alright. Ok then, give me your full specs pls. Will forward them
i7-4790, 16GB, GTX 1070 (also using the latest drivers).
Yeah, I know, should be enough ;)
The performance in general is really bad for me (have to have everything at low and 720p>1080p resolution to even get 30-60fps), but it really drops as soon as multiple characters come into view.
GPU temperature is normal and CPU usage also doesn't rise above 40-60%. Almost seems to me as if the game doesn't want to use the resource available :lol:

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Bows really make the game too easy especially in the early part of the game, I killed a 10+ party of bandits and cumans with single shots to the face without taking damage, almost nullifying the melee combat for me which is horrendous in fights with multiple enemies.

How the hell do you aim with it? My shots goes pretty random and I can't seem to remember where the shot goes...

Elex

Arbiter
Good to know. I suppose the Talmberg "Baths" area is "invisible" then, because some old lady kept following me and bitching. But then... even if I grab just a nettle from the ground it's still "a crime"? If so it really needs some better feedback. Image you wonder in an invisible crime area and noone happens to be around to let you know. You grab something from the ground or table and at THAT moment someone sees you and boom, you're busted. And jail is a relatively harsh punishment for such an easy-to-make mistake.

Also about the noise - you go inside a house, twiddle the lockpick, it makes a sound. You wait a while, nothing happens. So you loot the crate, go outside, save, walk around the town a few seconds and suddenly BOOM - a guard is on you because he heard it nearby and it took him some time to get to you. I'd prefer an instant feedback whether or not I've been heard or spotted. Sure it'd be gamey but....it's a game.
Certain areas switch between none/invisible trespass modes depending on hour of day. Some maybe even between none/blue (shops, I guess)
What was your time of day in the baths?

Picking herbs should not count as a crime. We will check that.

That guard sounds like the regular frisks I mentioned. Did you have the crime icon (money sack on red ackground) to left of the compass? If not, it was a frisk.
How crimes work:
- a perceptible volume with TTL is created at the crimescene (and angriness is raised, not sure if instantly)
- some crimes produce sound
- NPC sees the volume/hears the sounds. Either goes to check the source or starts running towards nearest guard to report. Then the guard goes to check the source.
- if player is detected at the time of crime volume creation or very shortly after he is associated with it
- the information about the crime is spread naturally

What it means
- killing a witness can prevent you being associated with a crime
- NPC must have more or less direct view of you around the crime time at the crime scene to associate it with you
- you should flee from crime scenes
- no telepathic knowledge
what about reputation? if people love me they accept me in every place?

Elex

Arbiter
And we're already starting to see a gap between journos and players, with player score being higher. And most of the metacritic negative reviews are "Bugged and runs like shit. 0/10", which should be phased out once the post release patches start rolling in. I imagine this game can easily reach a 85 user score and "very positive" on Steam. :incline:

I have yet to download my backer copy. Should I do it today or wait for another patch? I'm still having fun with Endless Space 2, so no rush.
you can bet that almost all review around played with older version pre day one patch (or even worse).

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy

How the hell do you aim with it? My shots goes pretty random and I can't seem to remember where the shot goes...

I don't have to aim when the enemies are 1 inch away from my face making a fool of themselves aiming like maniacs, also it's just easy especially that I got the cuman armor very early in the game and I barely get any damage if I got hit.

Inziladun

Magister

Don't know if this helps but the longer you hold the string the less accurate your shot is. The best way to shoot accurately is to draw and release quickly. The "tournament arrows" have tracking on them for practice purposes so the best advice I can give for that is to practice with those until you just got the general feel, but keep in mind the arc is more dramatic with them.

Tigranes

Arcane

Don't know if this helps but the longer you hold the string the less accurate your shot is. The best way to shoot accurately is to draw and release quickly. The "tournament arrows" have tracking on them for practice purposes so the best advice I can give for that is to practice with those until you just got the general feel, but keep in mind the arc is more dramatic with them.

Yep, the trainer dude tells you to pull and release in a fluid motion. Having your body memorise a specific shot timing, and then repeating it, is also the best way in early levels. With the hares, I would wait until the hares stop, take up a position, then shoot with the exact same draw/shot timing, making small adjustments in aim each time. After a while I could often get a hare down with around 4 shots, and I am generally useless at any kind of FPS / aiming.

Cromwell

Arcane
PSA: the correct amounts of VRAM for the various texture qualities are thus:

Low: 1 GB
Medium: 1.5 GB
High: 2 GB
Very High: 3 GB
Ultra: 6 GB

If your GPU has less VRAM that your texture setting, your visual experience is going to be miserable FWIW. Also, anisotropic filtering is *stupidly* tied to your texture level, and only at Very High and Ultra settings do you get 16x AF. At high it is a laughable 4x. This is a horrible choice, as it makes distant textures look fuzzy, regardless of your LOD and draw distance settings. AF also isn't a resource hog like AA, so this is doubly confusing why Warhorse coupled the settings.

Anyway, if you can't play on Very High/Ultra texture settings, you can still invoke 8x or 16x AF using the console, and permanently set it by placing a user.cfg file in the root KCD directory with the correct commands. See my post here for more info https://forum.kingdomcomerpg.com/t/...s-not-motion-blur-setting-when-moving/38031/5

thanks that helped a lot, also the Vsync tipp someone posted. I now get between 40 and 6x fps (in the first town) with only a gtx 970 and only 6gig of ram.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
5 mins? More like 2 years. Seriously all that "immershun" animations are cancer. As if the game isn't clunky enough.

Probably the animation was left there intentionally, so people are less prone to abuse the possibility to become herb tycoons.

Well you have two options, charge sword in hand try to parry, dodge , and attack, pray for combos, most of the time it fails the enemy parry it, really hard combat and if theres numerous enemies its absurdly hard and you are fucked, or one shot guys at pointblank and backpedal . Glad its possible thats the only way to survive.
There once was a game called Thief,
Where bow was important beyond belief.
An arrow you'd ready,
With no chance to backpedal,
And promptly you'd steal people's beef.

Tigranes

Arcane
I'm actually glad that you don't get massive HERB!!! popups as you run around a la Skyrim/TW3. I think we are all better off if we actually explore the forest and look at the trees and the vista, instead of running around like a hamster on crack spamming E on every square inch of the forest.

Ezeekiel

Liturgist

At least not in Rattay. Just explored the market area there with all the shops and people etc. I get a little slowdown as everything loads in, but no freezes at all anymore no matter what.
Just normal framerate fluctuations.

So I think my issue really was prologue-related... There are multiple steam threads about this specific thing, maybe you can find out more there.
Happens to people regardless of what sort of pc they have it seems.

I'm glad that the game is working normally for me now, but I hope you guys can fix this as it likely gives a number of folks a negative first impression of the game... It was the only really bad thing that happened in my case, fortunately.
A.I. bugs you can generally work around or reload or whatever and the general jankyness that just happens with these sorts of games, but freezing just kills all the fun.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom