Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance - Dan Vavra's medieval chad simulator

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
deterministic system > RNG

Last edited:

Tigranes

Arcane
lukaszek Sure, which is why I would support removing wilderness herb gathering in games like these, or just making herbs very rare (and then give x10 each pick) or something. A long time ago I decided I am going to ignore herbs and I have never looked back. I want to enjoy the amazing scenery and trot around on my horse and hunt game and advance the story, not sit there paying in real life money and time for the privilege of roleplaying a manual labourer with OCD.

Parabalus

Arcane
So a bit after the starting village you encounter the Zwayb-something guy, whom you fight when you fling shit on the wall. I stood over his unconscious body in the village earlier and decided not to hack him to death seeing he's named and all - would be nice if somebody tried it and if the game acknowledges it. Worth noting that Kuresh (owes you money guy) couldn't be killed, option was greyed out.

Is the combat afterwards winnable? No autosave so I couldn't really try it out like the soldier in run! quest.

Last edited:

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
So a bit after the starting village you encounter the Zwayb-something guy, whom you fight when you fling shit on the wall. I stood over his unconscious body in the village earlier and decided not to hack him to death seeing he's named and all - would be nice if somebody tried it and if the game acknowledges it.
I guess that whatever you do with him, the outcome will be that you will find yourself in Rattay.

imweasel

I didn't fling shit at Deutsch's house. The game says I did in a cutscene.
I didn't steal a horse when returning to Slavitz. The game says I did in some dialogue.

Continuity is kind of fucked up in this game... or maybe choices just don't matter and you have to go with what is canon.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
A fantastic Czech interview with Warhorse's executive producer. Great insights in their design philosophy. A few tidbits for the filthy Teutons among you who don't speak inclined knedlik language:
- they purposefully aimed at a more hardcore audience, very few fucks given about CoD players (explicitly said)
- more gameplay modes like "Story" or "Veteran" not ruled out going forward (yes, apparently an even more hardcore mode)
- Deep Silver made the French and German VO at the eleventh hour, it wasn't even included in the boxed copies for PS4 and XB, only added through the Day1 patch; one of the reasons it was so huge
- possible Czech VO not ruled out going forward but probably only if Warhorse gets filthy rich; it'd take 3 months and about 50 people to make
- mod support will be released in a few months
- unlike Dan Vavra he doesn't think a videogame is a great way to tell traditional stories, movies and books superior in that; at best games are good at providing emergent "stories" but their strength is in systems and mechanics (this dude must hate AAA)
- Steam cloud saves will be supported
- people bitching about PoCs in 1400s Bohemia can go fuck themselves (the actual answer was diplomatic and boring)

Last edited:

Elex

Arbiter
why the game have "potion perk"(called littierally Witcher) and regeneration perk wolverine stile?
certain things don't fit togheter.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
So I put on the uniform and get the horse and this is where the whole game fell apart for me. One railroaded train crash after the other.
Henrik decides to leave the horse after traveling only half the way. Why? I have no idea. Presumably he thinks it is less suspicious for a messenger to walk aimlessly through the countryside, than to ride a horse...
Then I get attacked by bandits over and over again. No problem since they are very weak and give you free loot (without having to rob the dead).
Since I cleaned out much of Talimberg before, I immediately become overburdened. Great. How to make a shit mission no one wanted to do even more annoying. So i stumble along the country side for approximatly 1.5 hrs since the movement penalty makes the walk atrociously slow. At that point I start thinking: Wouldn't it be fun if the game forces you to loss everything you pick up in the beginning in some stupid cutscene? No it wouldn't be fun. Not at all.
So of course that is what happens. I have to stumble 90 minutes through the villages just to trigger the next set of cut scenes in which I am railroaded in an unwinnable fight. At that point the game allows you to play for 10 seconds, so that you can lose the fight on your own. Well, thank you very much. I totally feel like it is my fault now.
Afterwards the game continius to touch itself indecently and rambles along with the next cut scenes and the "epic intro", during which all I feel is hatred for everybody involved.
Then you wake up and gave to talk to some wench from your village when all you want to do is hit "i" and see whether those dicks really took everything from you and invalidated the first 10 hrs of playtime.
They did. Thank you very much.
We have many jokes about all Slavs being thieves in Germany but that Prologue really takes the cake.

I'll need a moment before I decide whether I'll continue the game or refund it.
So you spend tutorial by thieving everywhere, and then lost all stolen goods? Scary. Looks like they didn't wanna carry both body, and stolen goods. (Or perhaps they even returned it because your character was punished already your character didn't end in jail.)

Brozef

Savant
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
So you spend tutorial by thieving everywhere, and then lost all stolen goods? Scary. Looks like they didn't wanna carry both body, and stolen goods. (Or perhaps they even returned it because your character was punished already your character didn't end in jail.)

nah, I was being dense. Everything (beside the quest sword) is stored in the house you wake up in. So you can loot all you want.
Although I'd recommend rushing through the Prolog as fast as possible. Since arriving at Rattay, nearly all my complaints with the game have vanished and it has become :incline:
No more railroading and watching cut scenes for hours on end. The game gets much, much better.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik

nah, I was being dense. Everything (beside the quest sword) is stored in the house you wake up in. So you can loot all you want.
Although I'd recommend rushing through the Prolog as fast as possible. Since arriving at Rattay, nearly all my complaints with the game have vanished and it has become :incline:
No more railroading and watching cut scenes for hours on end. The game gets much, much better.
Even stolen goods? Developers are casuals.

Real world developers would add a notice, you now all these various goods you had, we took them to castle armory to prevent people to stealing them, we would keep them for a month... (Of course if you are dead you will not need them anymore.)

Doctor Sbaitso

SO, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS.
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands
So I played 15 hours in the last 36. So far I am entirely too busy having fun to think critically on the game. I went down the path of the Millers. You'll know what that entails if/when you choose that path. Enjoying those side quests side so far while also rubbing elbows with the nobility. I feel like levelling my guys like a Locke Lamora.

thr

Novice
Vavra stated in Czech TV that selling 1 million copies would be "nice success" and that they are already halfway through.

edit: Which brings me to the fact that it is really amazing how Polygon, Kotaku and Gamespot totaly ignore the realese of the game. I mean how can they even pretend to be journalists when they blacklist such a hit for ideological reasons.

Sentinel

Arcane
- unlike Dan Vavra he doesn't think a videogame is a great way to tell traditional stories, movies and books superior in that; at best games are good at providing emergent "stories" but their strength is in systems and mechanics (this dude must hate AAA)
I think they could learn a fair bit from Nier: Automata and Yoko Taro's games in this regard. The way that man uses gameplay as a story telling tool is pure genius and I wish more people did it.

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Even stolen goods? Developers are casuals.

Real world developers would add a notice, you now all these various goods you had, we took them to castle armory to prevent people to stealing them, we would keep them for a month... (Of course if you are dead you will not need them anymore.)

No one confiscates your stuff at the end of the prologue; you duel a bandit and he only has time to steal your sword after he defeats you. You're then rescued by a friend, she undresses you to put you in bed, you wake up and find she's packed your possessions in a chest. She has no way to know what's stolen and what isn't; even if she did, she's not going to rob her love interest.

Inziladun

Magister
So I played 15 hours in the last 36. So far I am entirely too busy having fun to think critically on the game. I went down the path of the Millers. You'll know what that entails if/when you choose that path. Enjoying those side quests side so far while also rubbing elbows with the nobility. I feel like levelling my guys like a Locke Lamora.

I keep seeing people say this like it's a branching point. Personally progressed through the executioner stuff and stopped when I got the Miller to buy stolen goods off me which helped get me started because I had a bad habit of robbing the Brawlers blind after a good fist fight. I have since then gone the Townsguard route but does that block you off from the Miller stuff? If so that'd be pretty :incline:

Dexter

Arcane
This does not help with the constant freezing. FPS seems unchanged.
I played around a bit in the tutorial village. Also getting freezes every now and then. Actual FPS is fine but whenever I'm in the town, I get freezes that last a few seconds and then it's back to regular FPS again.
Did you try this?

Disabling V-sync

Should fix the micro-stutter, freezes and frame drops.

1. Go to your steam library install directory
(e.g. C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\KingdomComeDeliverance)

2. Create a new user.txt document in this folder

3. Write r_VSync = 0

3a. Also you can add a line sys_MaxFPS = 60 *60 is amount of max FPS. You can choose 120 or 144 for higher rate monitors or any different values. This should help with screen tearing since we have disabled V-sync. Try different values to achieve optimum picture for your setup. (*)

4. Save the changes, close the file. Rename user.txt to user.cfg

(*) Also you can test different maxFPS values faster by typing the sys_MaxFPS ## (## is 60 or other FPS value) in the in-game console. You can open the console pressing the “~” button on keyboard. But keep in mind, when you close the game, all changes you made will be lost. Don’t forget to set maxFPS in user.cfg file after you find optimum value.

Also check: https://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Kingdom_Come:_Deliverance

One thing they should add is the contextual option to eat directly from the table, instead of picking up the food and then having to go to the inventory to eat.
Definitely should turn down the "Henry is Hungry" thing, it's ridiculous even in the tutorial, I think I broke into 3 houses and ate from their cooking pots and the guy is still hungry, make it twice or three times a day like a normal person, not every 10 or 20 minutes. xD

I'm getting slightly annoyed at having to repeat myself, but my PC is not fucked.
I can play EVERY SINGLE GAME (I'm talking the likes of Witcher 3, CoD, Everspace, Tomb Raider, Spellforce 3, Ashes Of Singularity, etc.) on high(est) settings, without problems, as it should be.
That includes games where people are complaining about horrible optimization.
Just this one game has incredibly bad performance for me. And not on high settings, the game looks terrible with my current settings, more like the original Mount & Blade - and yet, barely playable.
But yeah, sure, my PC is fucked ;)
There is no other way you'd get that bad a performance with your hardware if something isn't fucked, maybe you forgot updating your graphics drivers for a while, or you're missing some binaries or something, but that's not normal game behaviour with that hardware, also check out some Benchmarks.

Also: I'd like to note that this goes to show that Steamspy stats are extremely unreliable as that only shows 100k. A lot of people treat it like gospel, so I found that interesting.
They usually normalize after a few days or a week: http://steamspy.com/app/379430
It was obvious ~100,000 was too low once it became clear that the game peaked at 75,000 concurrent players: http://steamcharts.com/app/379430#48h

men, pick up all the plants.
5min of picking up nettles made me the richest guy in the village
Nettle soup is yummy.

Smejki any updates on what's up with/fixing SLI?

Last edited:

Sam Ecorners

Arcane
Patron
One thing they should add is the contextual option to eat directly from the table, instead of picking up the food and then having to go to the inventory to eat.
Definitely should turn down the "Henry is Hungry" thing, it's ridiculous even in the tutorial, I think I broke into 3 houses and ate from their cooking pots and the guy i still hungry, make it twice a day not every 10 or 20 minutes. xD

Do you actually check your nourishment stat? When I get it as close as I can to 100 I don't have to eat for about two days. It sounds like your Henry is always running around at below 50.

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Definitely should turn down the "Henry is Hungry" thing, it's ridiculous even in the tutorial, I think I broke into 3 houses and ate from their cooking pots and the guy i still hungry, make it twice a day not every 10 or 20 minutes. xD

Just take the ascetic perk and you will get exactly the lower food experience you’re asking for.

Paul_cz

Arcane
Fuck me I am so happy the game is much bigger success than I anticipated even in most optimistic predictions. Having another AAA RPG studio that is actually competent feelsgoodman. I want Hussite Wars next.

Sentinel

Arcane
PSA: the correct amounts of VRAM for the various texture qualities are thus:

Low: 1 GB
Medium: 1.5 GB
High: 2 GB
Very High: 3 GB
Ultra: 6 GB

If your GPU has less VRAM that your texture setting, your visual experience is going to be miserable FWIW. Also, anisotropic filtering is *stupidly* tied to your texture level, and only at Very High and Ultra settings do you get 16x AF. At high it is a laughable 4x. This is a horrible choice, as it makes distant textures look fuzzy, regardless of your LOD and draw distance settings. AF also isn't a resource hog like AA, so this is doubly confusing why Warhorse coupled the settings.

Anyway, if you can't play on Very High/Ultra texture settings, you can still invoke 8x or 16x AF using the console, and permanently set it by placing a user.cfg file in the root KCD directory with the correct commands. See my post here for more info https://forum.kingdomcomerpg.com/t/...s-not-motion-blur-setting-when-moving/38031/5
What res are these measurements for? 1080p?

Doma

Augur
When ELEX released I had to leave my very first review on Steam since the service launced just because the game was so good.

With this game, I will have to leave a review as well.

DAMN this game is fun.

Anthony Davis

Blizzard Entertainment
Developer
I played and streamed it last night and enjoyed the hell out of it.

I thought the cutscenes were great, the VO acting was awesome. The combat was a little clunky for me at first because it does require some tactical thought and skill, and I tend to button mash. Once I got used to it, I loved it.

My only two minor quibbles for me:

1. the load times... I will move this game to my SSD.
2. the lock picking mini game with keyboard and mouse is tough for me. I feel like it's so tough I must be missing something.
3. clothing seems to disintegrate almost overnight. By the end of doing my chores and boxing the drunkard Kunisch, my clothes looked like rags (which was also awesome). It actually reminded me of the 60 fps bug in Dark Souls 2 where equipment degraded twice as fast because of the framerate.

Speaking of boxing the drunkard, once I figured out the unarmed boxing stuff, I wanted to keep beating Kunisch but he eventually went to sleep and I never saw him wake up again. I even loved the run home to mommy cutscene to get patched up after Kucinsh pounded my ass the first fight.

Great atmosphere and great tension. It's hard to break decades of RPG habits where I walk in to NPC houses and steal anything that isn't nailed down. Walking into a private home in this game is likely to get you thrown in jail - and stealing, wow.

This game is pure incline and anyone who says different is either a troll, or a potato with a crappy machine.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
deterministic system > RNG

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom