Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance - Dan Vavra's medieval chad simulator

Raapys

Arcane
2. the lock picking mini game with keyboard and mouse is tough for me. I feel like it's so tough I must be missing something.
Yeah, I even managed to fail the lockpicking tutorial, wasting all 5 lockpicks... Then I suddenly 'got it' and it became very, very easy. Haven't failed a lockpicking minigame in like 30 tries now, so at this point I've stopped buying them.

Anyway, surprisingly decent game. My only real complaints are slow("cinematic") interactions with the game world, and kinda monotonous environment. Game does get much better after prolog though, and combat improves as you and your char does.

Tigranes

Arcane
On the hungry stuff:

The day seems to go by really slowly - you can sometimes do 3-4 quests and related fast-travel in a day - and I never had a problem with food, so I'm wondering what the difference is. I am pretty much ignoring a lot of loot, leaving behind food on corpses and not bothering to loot/steal most things, and I often have dozens of apples and such in the inventory.

And it seems like you can survive on a couple pieces of high-powered food items for an entire day, since you lose, what, 50 nourishment over 24 hours? It seems really easy to leave it topped up at 80-100.

On the lockpicking stuff:

I can now do Easy locks pretty well, but it takes a lot of getting used to, and I think if your default mouse sensitivity is too low/high then it might feel impossible. I just find the gold spot, and then memorise where my cursor should be in relation to the incomplete circle in the middle, and then try to follow that spot in a circular motion as I rotate.

I think, like Alpha Protocol minigames, it comes down to mouse sensitivity & shitty controls layout, so Warhorse should be able to fix it soon.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Oh yeah the clothes wear out rate is too harsh.

But hunger is ok, I usually accidentally stuff myself like a pig and then I don't have to eat for the next 2 days. If your Henry is constantly hungry it's either a bug or just check the satiety stat on your character screen.

I don't like the lockpicking much, I seem to remember it was a lot smoother in the beta. It's easy to break a lockpick even on Very Easy which brings the wrath of the guards on your ass AND wastes a lockpick which is not exactly cheap. A bit too brutal.

Inziladun

Magister
I played and streamed it last night and enjoyed the hell out of it.

3. clothing seems to disintegrate almost overnight. By the end of doing my chores and boxing the drunkard Kunisch, my clothes looked like rags (which was also awesome). It actually reminded me of the 60 fps bug in Dark Souls 2 where equipment degraded twice as fast because of the framerate.

This is my biggest pet peeve so far. I think it's pretty retarded that my armor is going to get fucked up because I got in a couple fist fights... I guess I can kind of envision someone pulling a pansy move and ripping my clothes but not an armored gambeson.

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
To the people who are having freezing issues, are you using Windows 10? Since the last update a few days ago I had issues where frames would drop for a second or two and games would freeze.. This would happen regardless of the game and I noticed huge 100% cpu spikes... temps were fine but it would just have these spikes like it was trying to access system files repeatedly.. I deleted everything and reinstalled windows and havent had a problem.

check for abnormal CPU spikes instead of just saying "my pc is fine because months ago I played all these listed games"

Doctor Sbaitso

SO, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS.
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands
So I played 15 hours in the last 36. So far I am entirely too busy having fun to think critically on the game. I went down the path of the Millers. You'll know what that entails if/when you choose that path. Enjoying those side quests side so far while also rubbing elbows with the nobility. I feel like levelling my guys like a Locke Lamora.

I keep seeing people say this like it's a branching point. Personally progressed through the executioner stuff and stopped when I got the Miller to buy stolen goods off me which helped get me started because I had a bad habit of robbing the Brawlers blind after a good fist fight. I have since then gone the Townsguard route but does that block you off from the Miller stuff? If so that'd be pretty :incline:

So far I have completed keeping the peace and a few Milers quests. No road blocks so far but it is early times. I would not be surprised if I am forced to choose my allegiances at some point.

Tigranes

Arcane
Clothing is probably the biggest $ dump - so much so that it's probably better to go naked until you get in a tight spot, but I can't be arsed doing that.

I'm sure like all games you end up with too much money, so I'm just spending on repairs and enjoying the artificial poverty.

Ohmsquare

Novice
Vavra stated in Czech TV that selling 1 million copies would be "nice success" and that they are already halfway through.

edit: Which brings me to the fact that it is really amazing how Polygon, Kotaku and Gamespot totaly ignore the realese of the game. I mean how can they even pretend to be journalists when they blacklist such a hit for ideological reasons.
He has also said there that Josh Sawyer told him that if KCD was successful then Josh would leave Obsidian and start his own gaming company, lol.

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
Anyone else not grabbing perks? I'm still early and don't want to pick something that will fuck me over in the long run.. The only perk I picked was to have +3 speech when talking to nobility and wealthy people because who wants to speak to fucking peasants?

Doctor Sbaitso

Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands
To the people who are having freezing issues, are you using Windows 10? Since the last update a few days ago I had issues where frames would drop for a second or two and games would freeze.. This would happen regardless of the game and I noticed huge 100% cpu spikes... temps were fine but it would just have these spikes like it was trying to access system files repeatedly.. I deleted everything and reinstalled windows and havent had a problem.

I am using Windows 10 and no real freezes. Every so often it might freeze when entering a zone in town but that lasts about .3 seconds and is gone.

i5 4960k @ 4GHz
20GB 1600Mhz DDR3
OC R9 390X 8GB
OCZ 530R/500W SSD
Sharp Aquos 50" 4k UHD

Strangely, the game runs faster @ 1440p than it does at 1080p for me. I play on Ultra and get 50+FPS in the countryside and +/-30FPS in towns. On very rare occasions I have seen it dip to as low as 20 but that is very rare.

I am not certain the game is using all cores.

thesheeep is experiencing an actual anomaly if he has such horrible performance on his rig and he has the game on SSD. If someone has this on a mechanical HDD then you get what you get.

titus

Arcane
Patron
Did anyone else find a dead girl named Olena in the first village, at the crossroads before the alehouse?
I'm not sure if it's a feature or a bug.

LE: Seems to be a bug.

Last edited:

Merlkir

Arcane
Developer
Anyone else not grabbing perks? I'm still early and don't want to pick something that will fuck me over in the long run.. The only perk I picked was to have +3 speech when talking to nobility and wealthy people because who wants to speak to fucking peasants?

Nah, I'm grabbing perks whenever I get a point. They're useful most of the time and either way it feels like developing the character as he would - naturally over time. Then again, I've never been a minmaxer.

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik

Nah, I'm grabbing perks whenever I get a point. They're useful most of the time and either way it feels like developing the character as he would - naturally over time. Then again, I've never been a minmaxer.

Some of the specialized perks give negative bonuses to other things though and I'm not sure if I want to go down that path yet.. Like I said I'm still early.. Only just became Sir Radzig's squire.

Doctor Sbaitso

Patron
wh_ui_showCompass 0

Hides the compass shown at the top of your screen, if you'd like a bit more immersion and challenge in finding your way around in the world. Change the 0 to 1 to restore it.

norolim

Arcane
Fuck me I am so happy the game is much bigger success than I anticipated even in most optimistic predictions. Having another AAA RPG studio that is actually competent feelsgoodman. I want Hussite Wars next.

I was thinking about the possibilities, when this turns out to be a success and there is one thing I would especially like to see. Most of you bros won't know what I'm talking about, but if someone made Sienkiewicz's The Trilogy into games... there isn't much I wouldn't give for a chance to play as Kmicic in The Deluge.

Shadenuat

Arcane
You've leveled up Herbalism

124.png

oooh another poppy field

Stavrophore

Most trustworthy slavic man
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
My balls are so itchy to play the KCD, but im waiting for 1070 to decrease in price, or the new nvidia ampere/turing/volta will come and i will buy that shit. By the steam stats, the game seems like a nice success way better than some AAA games.

Tigranes

Arcane

I often don't see a lot of exciting perks that I'm dying to grab, especially the earlier ones (falling damage reduction, etc). But I also don't see a big need to hoard points, so if I see something, I grab it.

In general, hardcore players hoard way, way more than is required - e.g. we all end upw ith 300 potions by endgame having used 10.

Anthony Davis

Blizzard Entertainment
Developer
I have a question about Choice and Consequences early in the game:

Early in the game, as you are running away from the castle to find a horse:

There are three Cumans grabbing at Thersa as she tries to get into the house.

If you don't run up and distract and or fight the soldiers, do they kill her?

I hit one and she slipped into the house and barred the door.

...and of course she shows up with the reinforcements once Super Sized Jason Statham is about to kill you.

...and also, I was able to tell that one noble lady about hitting one with my sword. Also, can you seal the deal with that noble lady?

Does it play out any differently?

Has anyone been able to successfully kill one or a few of the soldiers when running away?

imweasel

Anthony Davis
There isn't any C&C in that scene. The Cumans will let Theresa go and start chasing your character even if you don't attack them. Theresa survives no matter what you do and the outcome ("YOU SAVED MY LIFE BY DISTURBING THEM!") is exactly the same.

Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Gamestar gives it 77 / 100 , saying it's quite original and gud, but suffers from bugs and clunkyness ( http://www.gamestar.de/artikel/kingdom-come-deliverance-das-tschechische-gothic,3325978.html ). So not really surprising, but I hoped for it to get at least 80 points.

I didn't fling shit at Deutsch's house. The game says I did in a cutscene.
I didn't steal a horse when returning to Slavitz. The game says I did in some dialogue.

Continuity is kind of fucked up in this game... or maybe choices just don't matter and you have to go with what is canon.
That's really too bad. Smejki, can you fix this with a bug in the future?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom