Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance - Dan Vavra's medieval chad simulator

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
This guy must be running 2 titans to play this on ultra in 4k at 60fps......

Doctor Sbaitso

SO, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS.
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands
To the people who are having freezing issues, are you using Windows 10? Since the last update a few days ago I had issues where frames would drop for a second or two and games would freeze.. This would happen regardless of the game and I noticed huge 100% cpu spikes... temps were fine but it would just have these spikes like it was trying to access system files repeatedly.. I deleted everything and reinstalled windows and havent had a problem.

I am using Windows 10 and no real freezes. Every so often it might freeze when entering a zone in town but that lasts about .3 seconds and is gone.

i5 4960k @ 4GHz
20GB 1600Mhz DDR3
OC R9 390X 8GB
OCZ 530R/500W SSD
Sharp Aquos 50" 4k UHD

Strangely, the game runs faster @ 1440p than it does at 1080p for me. I play on Ultra and get 50+FPS in the countryside and +/-30FPS in towns. On very rare occasions I have seen it dip to as low as 20 but that is very rare.

I am not certain the game is using all cores.

thesheeep is experiencing an actual anomaly if he has such horrible performance on his rig and he has the game on SSD. If someone has this on a mechanical HDD then you get what you get.

For the first time in a long time I am going to try a semi-aggressive overclock on GPU, CPU and memory to see what kind of performance increase I see in game. I'll report back.

Doctor Sbaitso

SO, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS.
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands
I have a question about Choice and Consequences early in the game:

Early in the game, as you are running away from the castle to find a horse:

There are three Cumans grabbing at Thersa as she tries to get into the house.

If you don't run up and distract and or fight the soldiers, do they kill her?

I hit one and she slipped into the house and barred the door.

...and of course she shows up with the reinforcements once Super Sized Jason Statham is about to kill you.

...and also, I was able to tell that one noble lady about hitting one with my sword. Also, can you seal the deal with that noble lady?

Does it play out any differently?

Has anyone been able to successfully kill one or a few of the soldiers when running away?

I did not kill them, I ran like a pussy. In my defense I didn't make the connection that it was HER that they were trying to rape. I won't spoil anything other than to say there is meaningful reactivity. I felt genuine remorse and wished I could have gone back in time to grow a pair.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
After an hour of fiddling around I got the game to run well enough(constant 40-50 fps everywhere on high-very high)
Only got through the prologue which basically a movie. Hoping to get more control soon.

Generally good feeling so far, nice atmosphere, pretty scenery and believable characters.
The optimization though is abysmal and a shame to release like that honestly. I had to reopen the game like 15 times because it would stutter, flicker and turn black randomly after changing graphical options.

Strangely, the game runs faster @ 1440p than it does at 1080p for me.
I confirm that and I have the same graphics card, just more RAM and a bit better processor than Doctor Sbaitso

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
I have a question about Choice and Consequences early in the game:

Early in the game, as you are running away from the castle to find a horse:

There are three Cumans grabbing at Thersa as she tries to get into the house.

If you don't run up and distract and or fight the soldiers, do they kill her?

I hit one and she slipped into the house and barred the door.

...and of course she shows up with the reinforcements once Super Sized Jason Statham is about to kill you.

...and also, I was able to tell that one noble lady about hitting one with my sword. Also, can you seal the deal with that noble lady?

Does it play out any differently?

Has anyone been able to successfully kill one or a few of the soldiers when running away?

I did not kill them, I ran like a pussy. In my defense I didn't make the connection that it was HER that they were trying to rape. I won't spoil anything other than to say there is meaningful reactivity. I felt genuine remorse and wished I could have gone back in time to grow a pair.
Hahahaha,it is a fucking game,ofcourse you attack them! After all you get the opportunity to try out that shiny sword of your,you should have even tried to stab the woman after you deal with the 20 enemies!

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
you don't even need to attack them.. I just whistled to draw their attention and then took off on a horse and they all chased me.

this was a blatant exercise by vavra to determine who is a cuck and who is a man

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
you don't even need to attack them.. I just whistled to draw their attention and then took off on a horse and they all chased me.

this was a blatant exercise by vavra to determine who is a cuck and who is a man
It is a shame that you don't have an axe as a first weapon,that is a real man's weapon. It would have been nice if you can throw stone at them.

Urthor

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Honestly I have lvl 5 lockpicking and the easy locks are not longer that "hard," it's just that like archery lockpicking is actually ridiculously difficult to level up over lvl 1 2 and 3.

HeatEXTEND

Prophet
Patron
we all end upw ith 300 potions by endgame having used 10.

"you've made it to the final fight, here's a bunch of everything!"

twitchy.gif

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy
Could the waiting/sleeping wheel be any slower please ? I mean when it gets so slow in the last hour I just want to admire it more rather play the game, so realistic and immersive.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Is it possible to kill that barbed club dickhead first time you meet him? He just goddamn KICKED me and it was an instagib.

Also is it possible to persuade Robard to let you go from Talmberg? I've failed and all the streamers and youtubers I've watched failed too.

Mark Richard

Arcane
But hunger is ok, I usually accidentally stuff myself like a pig and then I don't have to eat for the next 2 days.
Word is Henry suffers stat penalties from overeating. Put down the honey glazed ham and go for a jog, fattie.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Hahahahaha
Kingdom Come: Deliverance already has an unlimited saves mod

Kingdom Come: Deliverance does a noble job at attempting realism, but one of its resulting quirks is a bit annoying: you can't save whenever you want. Instead, you must consume Saviour Schnapps, which if used excessively, will cause protagonist Henry to become addicted (they're quite expensive, too).

Never mind that drinking schnapps in real life doesn't allow us to pause one life in order to re-engage with another, more real, parallel life. What matters is that most people seem to dislike the save system. Thankfully there's already a mod that allows you to do away with it.

Unlimited Saving is based on a DIY guide posted on reddit by EddieShoe (a version of which can be found here). The mod, created by biosmanager, basically just automates this process, and according to fellow PCG writer Chris Livingston, it works. He says you'll need at least one Schnapps in your inventory, but the mod stops that single unit from depleting.

Of course, given the game's fresh state and the promise of forthcoming updates, there's every chance this mod might not work into the future (especially if Warhorse caves in and decides to implement a normal save system). But in the meantime, it'll help make the game less frustrating.

Here is a link: https://www.pcgamer.com/kingdom-come-deliverance-unlimited-saves-mod/

Now i can download the game happily.

Rev

Arcane
Fuck me I am so happy the game is much bigger success than I anticipated even in most optimistic predictions. Having another AAA RPG studio that is actually competent feelsgoodman. I want Hussite Wars next.
Yeah, it's a great news, not only because I like the devs and the game (at least in the 5 hours I played it so far), but it's also a great thing to actually have a non-fantasy RPG that is also a good seller.
Hopefully it will continue to sell well, and will open up the way for more historical rpgs/games and other non-fantasy projects.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
wh_ui_showCompass 0

Hides the compass shown at the top of your screen, if you'd like a bit more immersion and challenge in finding your way around in the world. Change the 0 to 1 to restore it.

Yeah, but as said earlier in the thread. If you activate the map or anything else, the compass returns :(

Urthor

Prophet
Patron
This game has actually made so much money. It's got 150k purchases at 45 dollars after Valve's 30% in two days so 7+ million in revenue from PC alone excluding GoG. Add in consoles, 100% more again, and well, that's way above anyone's expectations for an indie game with this development cost, even if some of those owners are backers.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
By the way. Any tips or tricks to fight multiple opponents without resorting to running and plinking away with your bow? I have no problem with difficulty of fighting more than one (pretty realistic after all), but when you are locked in you have no idea where the other guy goes - locking in is the only way to fight. It's really messy. I mean, it must have come up as an issue when developing the game, considering some camps several bandits all out for blood, and you are mostly by yourself...

Smejki

Larian Studios, ex-Warhorse
Developer
Smejki I have a question for you. Does Charisma, Intimidate ect. level up on failed attempts or only on successful attempts?
There are 3 types of persuasion checks. Persuasion, Intimidation, Impression.
Persuasion - mainly dependent on you Speech stat (levelled by talking)
Intimidation - dependent on your weapons, strength, armor, and maybe combat skills
Impression - heavily dependent on the looks of your clothes/armor
Hope that answers your question.

Urthor

Prophet
Patron
By the way. Any tips or tricks to fight multiple opponents without resorting to running and plinking away with your bow? I have no problem with difficulty of fighting more than one (pretty realistic after all), but when you are locked in you have no idea where the other guy goes - locking in is the only way to fight. It's really messy. I mean, it must have come up as an issue when developing the game, considering some camps several bandits all out for blood, and you are mostly by yourself...

Depends on levels and gear. If your strength is below like 6-7 and you don't have armor, run. Usually I need to go through the full routine of get a few shots in with the bow, kite them backwards and then start applying sword combo after sword combo into their faces to make things happen, and I have a lot of metal armor on.

You're definitely supposed to non combat this game for hours because combat is hard because realism, dumb peasants die fast.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom