Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance - Dan Vavra's medieval chad simulator

Inziladun

Magister
How do I practice sword fighting in the arenas around the towns? I ask to be trained and it just ups my level I want to actually fight.
Talk to Captain Bernard in Rattay. Not sure about the other arenas.

Anyone else have their Bernard stuck at Neuhof? I imagine it's because I told the Widow I'd compromise and leave her a Guard for a couple days. But that was literally weeks ago at this point and he' still there. Imagine this is a bug but it shouldn't have been the captain to stick around in the first place. They also left all their horses their too but that' not as much of a deal.

A little annoying because I'd like to be able to spar. Slaying bandits isn't nearly as fun tbh.

Have you finished the Ginger quest and talked to Sir Radzig?

Waaay past that. I thought by the time we raided Runt's camp that maybe he'd reset, but alas even though he gets teleported in for cutscenes he still walks all the way back to Neuhof. So I imagine that's where he's staying til the fix. I'm almost positive it has to do with telling that chick that you'll leave a Guard behind to ease her mind. I'm just not sure why it's Bernard, also side note there should've been additional dialogue to convince Bernard to agree to that given you don't have authority to make those decisions but never the less. If anyone else who made that decision can confirm it might help WH with fixing it if Smeljki is still lurking.

Belegarsson

Think about hairy dwarfs all the time ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
My jacket is too damaged tailor's kit isn't able to patch it up. Any idea how to repair it?

Tailor can fix it. There's one near the armorer in Rattay.
Yeah I did buy that jacket from her but she doesn't have any repair dialogue like the armorsmith when I talk to her. Not sure if it''s a bug or the game simply hates me lol.

Doctor Sbaitso

SO, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS.
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands
Certain items the artisans will tell your are too far gone to save if they really beat up.

imweasel

Yeah I did buy that jacket from her but she doesn't have any repair dialogue like the armorsmith when I talk to her. Not sure if it''s a bug or the game simply hates me lol.
Try talking to the guy in the tailor shop in Rattay, not the girl.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
My jacket is too damaged tailor's kit isn't able to patch it up. Any idea how to repair it?

Tailor can fix it. There's one near the armorer in Rattay.
I've had this too. Make sure you are talking with the actual tailor craftsman, not with the woman, who is called "Trader".

Last edited:

Inziladun

Magister
Anyone else have their Bernard stuck at Neuhof? They also left all their horses their too but that' not as much of a deal.
He should go back to Rattay with the rest of the guards once you report your findings in Uzhitz back to him.

The guards left their horses in Neuhof in my game too.

Now that I think about it, I may have bugged the quest after tracking down ginger and all that I saw Radzig randomly sitting on a bench in neuhof and spoke with him before reporting to Bernard. And after that it seems I effectively skipped the chain of command and no longer had the option to report to Bernard. Maybe that's where the script is to reset him and that' why he never left. Quest is a bit buggy.

AwesomeButton

Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Anyone else have their Bernard stuck at Neuhof? They also left all their horses their too but that' not as much of a deal.
He should go back to Rattay with the rest of the guards once you report your findings in Uzhitz back to him.

Now that I think about it, I may have bugged the quest after tracking down ginger and all that I saw Radzig randomly sitting on a bench in neuhof and spoke with him before reporting to Bernard. And after that it seems I effectively skipped the chain of command and no longer had the option to report to Bernard. Maybe that's where the script is to reset him and that' why he never left. Quest is a bit buggy.
I also spoke with Radzig before Bernard, also cancelled the objective to speak to Bernard, but my Bernard strolled back to Rattay (on foot).

Inziladun

Magister

I also spoke with Radzig before Bernard, also cancelled the objective to speak to Bernard, but my Bernard strolled back to Rattay (on foot).

Who knows then, that's odd. Guess it's not a huge deal at this point. More annoyed about the quest items stuck in my inventory.

Did you also tell the chick that you'd have someone stay??

PrettyDeadman

Does getting the deed from bailiff requires insanely high lockpick?
i've pickpocketed everything from him, but in non of the containers the deed was found.
There is a bunch of very hard locked wardrobes which are impossible to lockpick with 12 points in lockpick.
Is the deed in one of them?

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
KC was downgraded after all

361066061.jpg

361070413.jpg

AwesomeButton

Patron
Indeed, I had memories of having seen better graphics from earlier videos. Given the framerate I'm getting now though, I doubt I would have been able to afford the visuals on the left anyway.

The 4th or so wayfarer I encountered was a knight who had 10k equipment on himself, which I got after crouching in his face and pressing F.
God will punish you for such dishonesty to a noble knight :argh:
Well...I accepted his challenge for a wager and during the fight I hit his head and... "perk activated: head cracker".

I took that as a sign that God wanted me to loot all his stuff.

please help a stupid fellow: how? how do you so precisely and often hit specific enemy parts? my enemies parry and dodge almost everything in 1 vs 1, more often than not my fights are a flurry of reciprocal consecutive perfect parries. is it becausre of the sword? because i noticed that with maces i can drain enemy stamina much faster until their defense breaks, even if i've seen a video of a guy who kept comboing bernard with a longsword, i can't even dream of doing such thing. am i missing something?

PrettyDeadman

The 4th or so wayfarer I encountered was a knight who had 10k equipment on himself, which I got after crouching in his face and pressing F.
Well...I accepted his challenge for a wager and during the fight I hit his head and... "perk activated: head cracker".

please help a stupid fellow: how? how do you so precisely and often hit specific enemy parts? my enemies parry and dodge almost everything in 1 vs 1, more often than not my fights are a flurry of reciprocal consecutive perfect parries. is it becausre of the sword? because i noticed that with maces i can drain enemy stamina much faster until their defense breaks, even if i've seen a video of a guy who kept comboing bernard with a longsword, i can't even dream of doing such thing. am i missing something?
Make enemy block low, feint low strike but actually do up strike or just use combos which target head.
If you have 20 str and 20 mace you can stun them by hitting their guard a few times and get a free hit on any bodypart you want.

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
Is that even the same place? Would be nice to see direct comparison with the exact same location.

Elex

Arbiter
Smejki , what's up with the dice game?
Are the results of the throw decided at the start of the AI turn?
That is - does the algorithm generate dice values and steps for the AI player turn instantly? Like a chain of steps: player throws, here are the results of a throw, the player picks two dice valued 5, throws again, picks up one die valued 1, throws again and gets "bust" result.

Because someone could look into that, as the AI quite often gets enough points to win the game, but still continues throwing with the chances getting slimmer and gets 0 points on the winning throw eventually.

Or the algorithm is just poorly written, as it doesn't check for the "match target value" win state.
during the rattay guard main quest? i think is scripted.

AwesomeButton

Patron
I have level in 5 swords and I've yet to discover any system to melee combat. Sometimes my attacks connect, sometimes they are parried. I really can't see a pattern. I just circle around the guy and try to hit him from the side or back, kind of like in M&B.

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I have level in 5 swords and I've yet to discover any system to melee combat. Sometimes my attacks connect, sometimes they are parried. I really can't see a pattern. I just circle around the guy and try to hit him from the side or back, kind of like in M&B.

Jesus, go to Bernard in Rattay and get some training so you can do all the moves.

Elex

Arbiter
Just wondering for anyone that knows a lot of medieval stuff - is the bandits in the game too well equipped? The game doesn't really seem to make a difference between bandit and mercenary since both are called "bandit". I do understand mercenaries being better equipped though, I just find it a bit weird having heavily armored guys sitting in the middle of the woods waiting to attack someone. I'm talking from a balance point of view as well, since it makes it easy to get really good equipment fast and early too. It will also make you rich as a troll, trumping every other noble man in the land.
There wasn't much of a difference between mercenaries and bandits. Banditry is what mercenaries did when they weren't working. A big problem around the 1400's was getting your mercenaries to go away once the war was over.
what about deserters? they was common? stuff like hunting for valuable nobles and get the ransom?

Dexter

Arcane
Smejki , what's up with the dice game?
I don't think he's allowed to talk with us anymore, either because his interaction led to shit like this: http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/407330798 or because they're in Stealth mode after release, at least till they fix some Bugs and shit and the game is in a more playable state.

And yeah, I noticed AI issues with the dice game too, my opponent was already over 2000 and he kept rolling like a retard, first with 4 dice, then with 3, then with 2...

With that said, the lady Stephanie thing IS a fucking fetch quest and its ending is shitty railroading. If you try a shirt you end up boning some old hag, no choice given. I was merely thinking about selling the shirt for some early game cash, but then the game went full Brazzers with its plot and I was like "WTF...?! Stop! I don't wanna cuck the guy who saved me in the prologue!".
#MeToo

Make enemy block low, feint low strike but actually do up strike or just use combos which target head.
If you have 20 str and 20 mace you can stun them by hitting their guard a few times and get a free hit on any bodypart you want.
sounds good, doesn't work. if i try to feint it's either my blows are blocked as usual or i'm hit before i can connect.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom