Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance - Dan Vavra's medieval chad simulator - now with Band of Bastards DLC

Discussion in 'General RPG Discussion' started by conan_edw, Feb 13, 2018.

1. Pretty Erudite Patron

Pretty
    Make enemy block low, feint low strike but actually do up strike or just use combos which target head.
    If you have 20 str and 20 mace you can stun them by hitting their guard a few times and get a free hit on any bodypart you want.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. Jarpie Arcane Patron

Jarpie
    Codex 2012 MCA
    Is that even the same place? Would be nice to see direct comparison with the exact same location.

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. Elex Scholar

Elex
    during the rattay guard main quest? i think is scripted.

^ Top  
  4. titus Arcane Patron

titus
    Loose tranny.
    Show Spoiler

[​IMG]

• WTF am I reading WTF am I reading x 2
    • hopw roewur ne hopw roewur ne x 1
    • Racist Racist x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. KateMicucci Educated

KateMicucci
    I lost the dice game against Nightingale, so not scripted.

^ Top  
  6. AwesomeButton Cut a deal with the authorities Patron

AwesomeButton
    PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    I have level in 5 swords and I've yet to discover any system to melee combat. Sometimes my attacks connect, sometimes they are parried. I really can't see a pattern. I just circle around the guy and try to hit him from the side or back, kind of like in M&B.

^ Top  
  7. Kyl Von Kull Arcane Patron

Kyl Von Kull
    Jesus, go to Bernard in Rattay and get some training so you can do all the moves.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. Elex Scholar

Elex
    what about deserters? they was common? stuff like hunting for valuable nobles and get the ransom?

• Yes Yes x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. Dexter Arcane

Dexter
    I don't think he's allowed to talk with us anymore, either because his interaction led to shit like this: http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/407330798 or because they're in Stealth mode after release, at least till they fix some Bugs and shit and the game is in a more playable state.

And yeah, I noticed AI issues with the dice game too, my opponent was already over 2000 and he kept rolling like a retard, first with 4 dice, then with 3, then with 2...

#MeToo

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Despair Despair x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. MadMaxHellfire Arcane

MadMaxHellfire
    sounds good, doesn't work. if i try to feint it's either my blows are blocked as usual or i'm hit before i can connect.

^ Top  
  11. rusty_shackleford Arcane

rusty_shackleford
    a bunch of volumetric fog & lighting effects are turned off because the game already has piss performance
    that's the major difference between the left and right, btw.
    you should be able to toggle volumetric fog on at least through the console
    hit '`' (grave accent) and enter e_VolumetricFog = 1

Also, a lot of cryengine settings require an application restart for them to take full effect. The lack of any warning whatsoever about this probably isn't a good idea as it gives a bad impression when comparing graphics settings without a restart.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2018
    ^ Top  
  12. Elex Scholar

Elex
    at some point henry go from litterally paesant to the protegee of some important knight, he start getting a lot of advantage, (he earn the advantage but still get them).

for gameplay reason all happen pretty fast, but Hal start training with litterally Syrio Forel plus Henry is extremely motivated.

he get the equivalent training of a lord, and if you get also the gear it’s a huge step up.

still some perk are extremely unbalanced in favor of the player, like when suddenly henry can destroy a plate armor with 2 swing.

• Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 2
    • decline decline x 1
    • WTF am I reading WTF am I reading x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. Beowulf Liturgist

Beowulf
    It's on the desk on the upper floor (the room above where he usually works). You only need to pick the lock to the doors, there should be no need to pick any container.

^ Top  
  14. Jenkem Cipher Patron

Jenkem
    Make the Codex Great Again!
    The deed is
    Show Spoiler
    upstairs on a table in the corner of the room, you have to walk up to it for a prompt to even appear.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. hivemind Guest

hivemind
    FLOP OF THE CENTURY

ENTIRE CZECH ECONOMY IS ABOUT TO COLLAPSE

• Funny x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Despair x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • it is a mystery x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. Jenkem Cipher Patron

Jenkem
    Make the Codex Great Again!

• Informative Informative x 3
    ^ Top  
  17. Elex Scholar

Elex
    well in that case drunk people simulator?

^ Top  
  18. dragonul09 Arcane Edgy

dragonul09
    Holy shit this game is so bad

How can anyone sane defend this putrid bile of puss? The AI in Oblivion is like a dream come true compared with this shit:lol::lol:

• butthurt x 6
    • Shit x 3
    • Edgy x 1
    • Old x 1
    • :M x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. cvv Arcane Patron

cvv
    Jesus people are retarded, side quests are fedex? The fetch shit is "activities", they're specifically called that, they even have a special tab in the journal and they're there for you as an alternative way to make money, if you want to LARP as a pissful soyboy.

Also lol to people who heroically downloaded the save mod, are savescumming the shit out of the game and then crying they broke the economy. Try to be a thief without savescumming. One botched lockpicking or pickpocketing attempt, one botched attempt to kill someone at night - they'll scream, alert the guards, you're gonna end up in a slammer, your reputation will tank and for the next two days you'll be walking around with a heavy debuff. You'll be an outcast, nobody will talk to you, trade with you or give you quests and you'll be forced to pack your shit and go robbing honest Christian folk in some other town.

THAT'S roleplaying you degraded millenials.

• Agree x 12
    • Brofist x 5
    • Acknowledge this user's Agenda x 1
    • incline x 1
    • retadred x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. Joni Odin von Hassenstein Arcane Patron

Joni Odin von Hassenstein
    Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    So, those nails I was supposed to get for Theresa: I already bought nails before from the merchant, and she happily took those nails.
    A bit later after the attack and all I'm back at my home, open the chest, and "automatically" loot all that's inside.
    Now I have "Theresa's nails" in my inventory and can't get rid of them, because they're quest items. :roll:
    Not that it matters. But the autistic part of myself is annoyed.

Play ELEX!

• incline incline x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. Mark Richard Prophet

Mark Richard
    More thoughts from Skall. He's saying whatever comes to mind while running around, so don't expect an in-depth critique.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2018
    • Salute Salute x 1
    • it is a mystery it is a mystery x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. AwesomeButton Cut a deal with the authorities Patron

AwesomeButton
    PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    The detached head is something I've been seeing too. It's annoying, yes, but not gamebreaking. Same applies to people's bodies clipping through their clothes.

Very interesting that he is running into these problems. I have the same CPU, an older GPU, less RAM, but I'm running from SSD. I don't know what could be the problem with him.

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. Raghar Arcane

Raghar
    I'm talking stuff, but even I would try hard to avoid any bad things in a tread about a game I worked on. Frankly throwing bullshit didn't help anything. He's lucky they din't quote his post under it.
    But, when I looked at that 4chan thread it was mild. Just a random chatter.

I doubt he was informed RPGCodex is a septic of the internet, and he's totally utterly forbidden to talk with what's lying inside. He was probably just put on some work to ensure they would have bit less bugs in next 6 months.

What's bit problematic is a quest compass and other funny stuff. Basically lack of design. Could they try to avoid unnecessary quest compass? Sure. Did they? Well, they are not three developers working on free in theirs spare time/during unemployed period, and they didn't even allowed to fine tune quest compass in options.

^ Top  
  24. Trash Pointing and laughing.

Trash
    The difference is defenitely not just in effects. Just compare the foliage in those screens. Game looks brilliant, but they showed us a lot of stuff that looked much better than what we got at release. Guess they had to downgrade to keep this thing running on home pc's. Shame they didn't keep it all in as options for ultra machines or for what pc's will be like in 5 years or so.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Despair Despair x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  25. Jarpie Arcane Patron

Jarpie
    Codex 2012 MCA
    I wonder how much of that is the dev team choosing priorities, would they spend time to work on altering the UI for the customization, or working on the stuff they deemed more important and leaving optional stuff for later patches and/or modders, who will make UI mods either way.

^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)