Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance - Dan Vavra's medieval chad simulator

Wunderbar

Arcane

Man, I don't know who you are, but your timing's impeccable. Name's Pavlíček Gabris, and I'm naming you the new Bailiff. I heard that settlement in Pribyslavitz is needing our help, I'll mark the location on your map.

mildTea

Learned

Man, I don't know who you are, but your timing's impeccable. Name's Pavlíček Gabris, and I'm naming you the new Bailiff. I heard that settlement in Pribyslavitz is needing our help, I'll mark the location on your map.

I like the idea of resettling very much, but why the hell are you rebuilding some shithole in a forest, when there is a abandoned town with existing infrastructure for mining silver? I wouldn't be surprised if the town was populated with the refugees from Skalitz, can't believe though, they would rather start a new in Pribyslavitz than restore Skalitz.

But maybe I'm wrong and there will be some meaningful explanation.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I like the idea of resettling very much, but why the hell are you rebuilding some shithole in a forest, when there is a abandoned town with existing infrastructure for mining silver? I wouldn't be surprised if the town was populated with the refugees from Skalitz, can't believe though, they would rather start a new in Pribyslavitz than restore Skalitz.

The encyclopedia says it was never rebuilt. Probabaly it was more work to clear it out and rebuild than settle on a new spot.

mildTea

Learned

The encyclopedia says it was never rebuilt. Probabaly it was more work to clear it out and rebuild than settle on a new spot.

That must be meant only temporarily. These days it has 1400 inhabitants and the Czech wiki mentions the mines were still producing silver in 16th century, since they sourced it to the newly built Prague mint during the reign of Ferdinand I.

Smejki

Larian Studios, ex-Warhorse
Developer

The castle was not rebuilt. The village was repopulated shortly after the war.
The war is still going on and Skalitz is a worthy target. That's why it isn't rebuilt in the game.

SlamDunk

Arcane
Smejki

A bug on v1.5:

Many ambushes set by Cumans get broken if I don't approach the scene from the "correct" spot. I've seen many a Cuman just crouching behind a bush not reacting to Henry at all, even when I shoot them with arrows.

Last edited:

Beowulf

Arcane
Ok, so I reinstalled it to see if the game is patched and in decent state.

Right from the start - turning HD textures on and off resets your graphics settings. That makes it not only hard to judge the game's performance, but is also laughable, as it shows that in that regard game hasn't move forward that much since launch.
When they introduced the FOV slider, or the option to turn V-Sync off (can't remember which), changing it would also reset your settings.
It's literally one step forward, at least one step back... pffft.

Come on guys.

Last edited:

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
The worst bug I encountered in KCD occurred during a sequence of combats that were part of the main quest, when I suddenly found my PC flung high into the air, at which he point he fell to Earth and took the falling damage that would be expected from such a height. :M Fortunately, this bug didn't repeat itself the second time around.

Aside from that, the worst bugs dealt with NPC factions in combat. Sometimes I would encounter a group of bandits fighting a group of Cumans, but if I intervened on one side, they would both gang up and attack me! Or a group of guards would be fighting a group of bandits, but during the battle one guard would accidentally hit another one, causing those two to fight each other to the death.

Also, the monastery infiltration section has a combination of bugs and poor design that render it, in my opinion, unplayable as intended.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
She's so beautiful, I love watching HER videos :)

Whenever a pretty girl plays videogames on Youtube I always smell video prostitution but she seems like a genuine fan, she plays even more niche and bizarre RPGs than me. If she was in it for the incel neckbeard money she'd probably play Overwatch or Fortnite.

I'm always suspicious towards women playing real videogames like RPGs or strategies and not just Candy Crush coz in my youth admitting you're gamer meant you'll never get laid. Girls universally treated gaming like a venereal disease. Real female gamers are still relatively rare but it's way more common than 20 years ago.

SlamDunk

Arcane
https://forum.kingdomcomerpg.com/t/patchnotes/42808

Patch 1.6 - June 26th

Hardcore mode

A new game mode aimed at maximum immersion. The HUD has been significantly altered and simplified. Map navigation and compass have been reworked so that players have to navigate using landmarks. Fast travel is disabled and overall survival (staying fed and rested) is more difficult. Combat is a lot more realistic and fairer to your opponents. There are harsher penalties for using damaged items, so taking regular care of your equipment is a must. And because public health in 1403 is not at its best, your existence will be more troublesome due to the addition of certain permanent ailments that can optionally further scale the level of difficulty as you see fit. Hardcore Mode targets repeat players seeking new challenges, but also new players who would like a more realistic experience.

Hardcore mode
• New game mode added - Hardcore mode.
• Combat rebalanced to make combat fairer to NPCs.
• Economy rebalanced to make trading even fairer to traders.
• Survival rebalanced to make Henry’s death fairer to the environment.
• Some perks altered for HC mode.
• Minimalistic HUD.
• Tutorial messages removed.
• Player position removed from map and cardinal points removed from compass. Navigation is now reliant on landmarks and sun position.
• Quest markers are always visible on the map, but only visible on the compass when the player is near them.
• Autosaves are removed.
• Fast travel is disabled.
• Added special negative perks that are chosen during character creation. These include sicknesses, birth defects and other trials of medieval life.
• Added new achievements.

New features
• Added “Disable tutorials” setting in the game options.

Fixed bugs
• Henry’s trunk in huntsman’s lodge no longer has “Rob” prompt.
• Knocking out Nicholas in Cherchez la Femme no longer breaks the quest.
• Fixed bug in Nasty Habits which sometimes prevented player from delivering wine.
• Fixed light optimization that caused freezes while riding a horse for a prolonged time.
• Hans Capon no longer sleeps till Judgment Day after completion of The Prey quest.
• Killing NPCs in Playing with the Devil quest properly fails it.
• Killing executioner Hermann should no longer tank the player’s reputation.
• Guards react faster to knocking someone out and carrying the body.
• Fixed numerous bugs in quest Aquarius.
• You can no longer drink-a-port from Talmberg castle in Run! quest.
• NPCs react faster to player’s surrender.
• Standing up before dice minigame with Nightingale no longer breaks Keeping the Peace quest.
• Fixed another bug affecting bird cages in A Bird in the Hand quest.
• Guards should no longer attack player after he’s paid a fine or talked his way out of punishment.
• Crouch does not immediately trigger stealth music.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom