Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance - Dan Vavra's medieval chad simulator

Smejki

Larian Studios, ex-Warhorse
Developer
Nope. Only the last one will be free for KS backers as the content was always a stretch goal we failed to fulfill. It wasn't intended to be a a DLC, but shit happened as it so often does.

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
kind of want to get the DLC but also kind of want to wait until all the DLC/free content is out and just replay from scratch (probably in hardcore mode)

is this DLC designed to be played any time (such as at end game) or is it implemented in a way that makes it better to play from start

Smejki

Quillon

Arcane
It must be after the pribyslavitz battle at the least & that's somewhere in the middle of the story.

Shadenuat

Arcane
I bet the DLC will break 100 other things so I'll get it a bit later.

Anyway, I'm happily continuing with my game.
Sold all my ill-gained overpowered-chest-stuff, bought normal stuff.
Sold 2 000 Kg of deer meat, bought better stuff again.
At about 24 hours into the game nothing seems to pose any challenge to my Henry. What gives? Isn't it a bit early? My strength is at 10, my combat stuff around 9.
Got a bit surprised at how many timed quests there seems to be so I decided to only do stuff in Rattay at first not to miss anything else. But really, is the game ever gonna get difficult again? I expect no...
This games breaks somewhat easily if you apply relatively veteran-rpg player level / jrpg player/ mmo "I smashed coal in that korean mmo for 2000 hours with my guild" attitude.

I know it sounds terrible and I am WROOOOOOOOOOOOONG but , you're supposed to larp a bit in this gaem.

Or maybe wait for that harder hard mode.

Smejki

Larian Studios, ex-Warhorse
Developer
Just learned that this village building addon happened because of requests by some gamers.
Untrue.
The truth is we got a lot of feedback 'demanding' stuff like this. And the truth also is we always wanted to make stuff like this.
The deeper truth even is that way way back, really originally, Pribyslawitz was created primarily for the purpose of partial rebuilding. That was even before we placed the battle there, so even before Beta. We never got around to do the original quest (which was completely different both scope- and content-wise from the DLC).
So we didn't make it BECAUSE we got the feedback. We did it because most designers loved Bloodmoon and because the core idea was one of the most grieved-over content we had to axe during production.
It might be true though that the feedback convinced us that this is a 'good' idea and it might have informed us better as to how we should approach a content of such nature. But I frankly don't know.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I think poaching is the only thing that breaks the game's economy. Its ridiculous you can get 1 to 2 k by looting several rabbits or a single boar.

The price itself seems fine, but the amount dropped is crazy. I know i boar can weight 100 kilos and contain alot of meat, but to make it drop 120 meat priced 7 to 9 coppers simply break the economy. And me,weak willed as am i, habe the best gear short after the hunting quest with capon

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
They should definitely try to balance the economy and so on, the game is always going to break if player can't self-impose some limits on his own denegerate autistic gaming instincts. We're all used to the fact that most games require that we take every opportunity to grind, to farm, to rob every house in the entire city in the same day, and similar nonsense.

In a realistic-simulationist game, it just messes up the linearity of equipment progression and everything gets fucked.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
I think poaching is the only thing that breaks the game's economy. Its ridiculous you can get 1 to 2 k by looting several rabbits or a single boar.

The price itself seems fine, but the amount dropped is crazy. I know i boar can weight 100 kilos and contain alot of meat, but to make it drop 120 meat priced 7 to 9 coppers simply break the economy. And me,weak willed as am i, habe the best gear short after the hunting quest with capon
Well, a boar was quite dangerous animal. Obviously, you can get killed by single pissed of boar. And then there is the problem of poaching in forest.

Thus the problem wouldn't exist if they would simulate details. But considering, you can avoid abuse the system by not selling boars until you can buy a whole castle. Rabbit is a single snack if you can hit him. How much meals can you get from a single one in the game?

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Or they could make hunting more dangerous.

Rabbits and roes are mostly easy prey, but they would run fast (and like really run, not just go away 10 meters from you amd resume activity)

bucks and boars would charge at you in full speed and give massive damage if you cannot dodge.

Iirc rabbit drop about 20 to 30 meat. Roes 60 to 70, bucks around 90 and boars around 110 to 120ish.

SlamDunk

Arcane
Just learned that this village building addon happened because of requests by some gamers.
So we didn't make it BECAUSE we got the feedback.
The source for my comment is at 3:04. Thanks for telling the other half of the story.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9eKAEQxeIHA&t=184s

is this DLC designed to be played any time (such as at end game) or is it implemented in a way that makes it better to play from start
You can start it after liberating Pribyslavitz, which happens quite early in the game, story-wise.

Last edited:

Barbarian

Arcane
I'm loving this game(been playing for the last week or so). I held back on playing it for quite some time and didn't know what I was missing. It is a buggy and quite austistic game, but more entertaining and a better open world first person rpg that than anything Bethesda churns out could ever hope to be.

Now that I read about the dlcs I'm considering putting it on hold again until everything is released and patched... but that would be one year at the least right?

Also, if I decide to keep playing and buy this dlc, will I have to start a new game from scratch to enjoy the new quest?

Jinn

Arcane
I'm loving this game(been playing for the last week or so). I held back on playing it for quite some time and didn't know what I was missing. It is a buggy and quite austistic game, but more entertaining and a better open world first person rpg that than anything Bethesda churns out could ever hope to be.

Now that I read about the dlcs I'm considering putting it on hold again until everything is released and patched... but that would be one year at the least right?

Also, if I decide to keep playing and buy this dlc, will I have to start a new game from scratch to enjoy the new quest?

Play through it now, then in a year you can do all the DLC on Hardcore mode! That's what I've done. I did a stealth/light armor run this past time. I think I'll go full-on knight for my Hardcore DLC playthrough.

And yeah, I had an excellent time with KCD. Really glad a game like this could be made. Can't wait to see more from Warhorse.

Paul_cz

Arcane

Smejki said that the final version of the game with all DLC/patches will be out most likely sometime Q1 2019, yeah. But the game seems very replayable so if you already started, I would continue.

Belegarsson

Think about hairy dwarfs all the time ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Patron
Last edited by a moderator:

Generic-Giant-Spider

I finally got some time to play through the rather lengthy prologue. Here's my journey.

-This game does one thing right from the get-go and it's something many games gargle balls at. It actually knows how to create a forest. Holy shit, holy shit, a forest in an open world medieval game. Already my dick is THROBBING and I still have to beat up the town drunk.

-For being a guy that helps Big Papa Bear forge swords and other masculine shit, Henry throws hands like a valley girl. The combat in this game makes me feel like I'm handicapped, I thought maybe Henry had a clubfoot or something that was clearly impeding him. After taking twenty seven knock out blows to the kisser, I finally win by sheer attrition.

-I spent an hour trying to find the drunkard's ax that was three feet away from him. This is why you selectively breed.

-Because I'm a dapper gentleman I refused to help those rogues I deem friends to smear some German's house. Instead I chat up my HOT AS FUCK barmaid girlfriend. Henry's got a huge dick.

-I forgot to eat the food that my in-game mom left me with on the table. It looked like pestilence anyways.

-Big Daddy and Heinreich forging the Sword of Bohemian Justice was nice, then comes some knight that looks like he's Petyr Baelish's less ambitious brother. He seems okay.

-Before Africans and Mexicans, there were the Cumans holding it down as the OG civilization destroyers and these fuckers are showing no mercy. Henry, being useless, has to run like a little bitch instead of dying like a real American would. Luckily, Father Beefcake shows his thin-limbed son how it's done by taking up arms and ending some lives. He gets cut down by a guy that looks like he openly rapes children and my mother grieves over it before getting stabbed by the enemy type I will be kicking the shit out of in about ten hours time. I felt sad. This is exactly how my life began.

-Theresa got raped and there was nothing Generic-Giant-Spider could do about it.

-Controlling the horse had me get stuck against the side of a house only to be pulled off and slaughtered by Cumans and there was nothing Generic-Giant-Spider could do about it.

-After doing hot yoga and aligning my spirit with the cosmos, I channeled enough chi to control this unwieldy stallion and meet Sir Robard. Right away I want to say that Sir Robard is the best character in the game and once he dies I'm probably quitting.

-Davish's wife comes to me in the night. I assume she wants to fuck. Instead she does what every woman in my life does and talks. A lot. Eventually Henry, like me, gets so tired that he falls asleep.

-I meet the Cumans and the child rapist once more, so far the story is pretty damn good in how it's being told and the cast of characters so far seem interesting and enjoyable. It's good that they're staying their hand at making you have any significant role in the bigger picture, in fact at this point Henry isn't even apart of the picture. He's not even being considered as an extra. I like that.

-Henry, being a rebellious little shit, can't do what I want to do and drink a lot of Saviour Schnapps with Sir Robard and instead insists on going to bury his parents. It tells me that getting my horse is optional. Thank fucking God.

-As usual, I'm an idiot savant when it comes to lockpicking.

-Oh yes, environmental story-telling. Dead bodies strewn across the road, hanged men proudly on display, brigands trying to loot off bodies, an entire village razed and leaving only charred remains. Characters you saw in the opening sequence actually dead, even your hot as fuck barmaid is dead. I take all the apples I can from every corpse.

-It took me 30 minutes to find the shovel because I'm retarded.

-As I begin to head to the grave site, I give myself an internal pat on the back for having the clairvoyance of picking up that "Gravedigger" perk which will allow me to carry Henry's dead parents much more easily.

-Nevermind, that fuckface I intimidated earlier ran off to get a whole host of thugs that are just begging to be skewered. Clubhouse Carl here talks a bunch of shit, not knowing that I'm wielding Sir Rayzig's Sword of Truth, the most powerful sword in the world that can cut a man's head clean off in a single swipe. Little do they know I honed my swordfighting skills on some scrub thieves from earlier. These kids are about to get fucked so bad that it should have a Brazzers logo over in the corner.

-Erase that, Clubhouse Chad two hit me and is now proceeding to bully Henry with the boots. Looks like the game is about to come to an end until Post Rape Theresa emerges and saves Bohemia's favourite orphan from an untimely demise. Then, like John Candy in Uncle Buck stopping his niece from getting it on with some punk teenager at a party, Sir Robard comes striding in on horseback and ready to fuck. He takes one of these goons down and runs them all off.

-The game told me I lost my sword but what they didn't bank on was me keeping the drunk's axe from way before. Get fucked, Warhorse, I play 5D Chess.

-Theresa has no problems that I left her high and dry on the earlier gangrape to go ride a horse into the side of the house like a useless flailing fish and instead laments the passing of her brothers. She's trying to boss me around by telling me to get rest or eat or pay off the debt to her uncle. She has no idea how lucky she is that my axe skill is so low or I'd finish the job the Cumans started.

-Her uncle tells me that my morality is bullshit, I'm ugly, and he simply does not like me. However, he wants me to go do some Ed Gein work for him and because I'm something of an expert when it comes to taking apples off dead bodies I agree to do this grave robbing.

-I'm told I need another shovel. Fuck that, I'll set aside the 5 hours to find one tomorrow.

Overall, it's a pretty cool game so far. This could all fall apart at some point, but right now it's very enjoyable and I'm looking forward to see what awaits both in gameplay and in the storyline.

Cadmus

Arcane
Guys how do I start the famous father godwin questline with the drinking and shiet?
Has there been some patch for Talmberg textures disappearing since the DLC? I'm afraid to start playing again.

SlamDunk

Arcane
-This game does one thing right from the get-go and it's something many games gargle balls at. It actually knows how to create a forest. Holy shit, holy shit, a forest in an open world medieval game. Already my dick is THROBBING and I still have to beat up the town drunk.
The forest is a thing to behold, yes, and I very much enjoy hunting and just spending time there, but as someone put it elsewhere: In the Beta it looks like a real forest. In the released game it looks like a video game forest.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Guys how do I start the famous father godwin questline with the drinking and shiet?

You have to progress a bit into the main story.

You can go drinking with Godwin after asking him for information about one of the bandits who sacked the stables.

Cadmus

Arcane

You have to progress a bit into the main story.

You can go drinking with Godwin after asking him for information about one of the bandits who sacked the stables.
but I didnt ask him and I already liberated Pribislavitz. Is it lost? The only option he shows me in dialogue is asking him about his sword training

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom