Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance - Dan Vavra's medieval chad simulator

Smejki

Larian Studios, ex-Warhorse
Developer
Ok, bought this shit, but first I need some heads up.

I have Ryzen 5 2600x, with RX 580 8gb and only 8gb ram 2400hz. Dont have ssd. So, should I buy one ssd 480gb or another 8gb memory to play this game? Dont have money for both right now.
The game normally eats up 5-5.5 gigs of RAM. I honestly don't know how it fares in more demanding scenarios like battles. Usual Win 10 seem to be sitting at about 3-4gigs. So combined it doesn't look very good for you.
16 gigs is the standard for high-end games of today anyway.
On the highest settings (not HD textures - free DLC) it claims slightly over 3 gigs of VRAM
And it utilized all 6 cores of my i5 8600. I was honestly surprised by that. Never took a look at that on my home rig.
SSD will certainly help with loading times and data streaming (pop-in and such bullshit if you move in a rather fast fashion)

After watching some more cutscenes heavy-handedly telling me I should hate "dude that killed my parents", I am introduced to "dude that will steal my sword". In a role-playing game with diplomatic and stealth elements, as well as deep reputation mechanics, the game opts for a "Batman Arkham" fight intro where it might as well have been Penguin taunting Batman before loosing henchmen on him. I'm severely outmanned, so I do the logical thing the game has conditioned me to at this point: I run away. I leave the bastards in my wake, dashing confidently towards the main gate... and hit an invisible wall. "No! There's no running from a trainer battle!"

I did the same :lol: . I thought that was what you're supposed to do, probably because of my experience with Silver (you're a squire watching the warlord bad guy kill your dad downstairs and taunt you to come get him, while a friendly mage nearby urges you to jump into a portal to escape. If you ignore him and try to avenge your dad...you get oneshot and have to reload)

Salvo

Arcane
So what's the status of this game now? Done as it will ever be?

Not yet, there's at least one more DLC that needs to come out. (A Woman's Lot)

EDIT:

TemplarGR

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard
I don't take developer recommendations too seriously nowadays. 8gb is fine for basically anything, I doubt it would be a bottleneck.
Something else to consider is that an SSD is going to be universally useful for any game too, an extra 8gb wouldn't really be utilized by much.

I love it when ignorant fucks give tech advice...

Having more RAM than the absolute minimum for gaming these days is far more important than an overrated SSD. 8GB is not enough for anything these days. Just because a game can work with 8gb, does not mean it is enough. If you have more memory, most likely it will use more memory. At least properly coded games will.

Now i don't know what the case is with Kingdom Come specifically, but it is retarded to buy hardware just for one-broken-game.

As for SSDs, for gaming, they are a placebo. Yes they load faster, that's it. But unless the game was made by amateurs, they won't make any difference at all during gameplay. SSDs are nice to have when you have your other bases covered. If you have just 8gb of ram, and no money for both, always go for ram. ALWAYS.

Paul_cz

Arcane
Actually 8GB is perfectly fine, as long as:

- you don't run unnecessary stuff in the background
- don't have bloated windows install with nonsense
- have a swapfile at least 8GB and placed on SSD

I had zero problems with this setup in KCD or any other game. And SSD improves loading times and asset streaming so much, it is a MUST for KCD (and general work in windows).

Baardhaas

Cipher
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here
I love it when ignorant fucks give tech advice...
You should tone it down a notch boy, especially if you're going to prove you're the ignorant fuck just a couple of sentences later.
As for SSDs, for gaming, they are a placebo. Yes they load faster, that's it.
See that's the just the thing. They load faster. Which is pretty damn useful for an open world game with continuous loading of game assets. It's nice to have 16GB ram and another 8GB Vram, but if your HDD tops at about 100 mb/s with spikes going as low as 30 mb/s because of search times, your game will run like shit. Your ram will be waiting on your HDD the whole time. Wouldn't be a problem if you could load the whole game on a ram-drive but hey, then 16gb isn't going to cut it for a modern game.

So, should I buy one ssd 480gb or another 8gb memory to play this game?
Buy an SSD. Ram can be somewhat managed by closing background applications, the benefit of an SSD can't be substituted. Hell, even your Windows pagefile will run faster with a SSD.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Finally got the game and have been playing it for 12 hours straight. Loving it so far. It really is Gothic but as a peasant. I enjoy the degree of uselessness you're subjected to at the start and how even a few increases in stats or skills already feels like a great difference. The biggest jackpot for me so far was walking around a forest and stumbling on a hollow tree with 800 coins in it. Bought myself a decent sword with it and now I'm ready to duel some peasant-bandits. The combat mechanics are surprisingly fun as well. Everything I've seen has been pretty great, apart from the lockpicking.

SlamDunk

Arcane
The biggest jackpot for me so far was walking around a forest and stumbling on a hollow tree with 800 coins in it.
Near Vranik?

I've played the game for nearly 250 hours, but only just recently discovered the tree trunk caches, or cache, since I don't know if there are more than just one.

Baardhaas

Cipher
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here
The game is littered with stashes, both small and big, if you take the time to look.
I remember some nice loot in a beehive just outside Merhojed

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
So what's the status of this game now? Done as it will ever be?

Not yet, there's at least one more DLC that needs to come out. (A Woman's Lot)
Two DLCs incoming. The last one is free for KS backers btw

of course it is, your fucking incel man baby "based" gamergater neckbeard cis scum of a boss is a dirty misogynist and racist so OF COURSE he wouldn't see a DLC where you play as a woman as a thing of value that people would pay for so he gives it away for free and literally offers her up as an object to other basement dwelling incels to masturbate over which COMPLETELY denies her agency and her value as a woman.

:troll:

A horse of course

Yes, some re-release of the whole final package is planned. Can't be more specific

Nice. I was waiting for a Definitive Edition/GOTY edition to pick this up. Please make the women more attractive though - this is an integral part of RPGs.

Yes, some re-release of the whole final package is planned. Can't be more specific

Nice. I was waiting for a Definitive Edition/GOTY edition to pick this up. Please make the women more attractive though - this is an integral part of RPGs.

While at it, give us the shitting animations, interactive jacking off minigame and boob slider for females. Asking for a friend.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom