Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance - Dan Vavra's medieval chad simulator

Üstad

Arcane
I don't understand why you would list "still have to be Christian" as a negative, then act all butthurt when people point out you're a Turk.
It's negative due to low role playing options. I have already stated I would have the same reaction if it was the case for any other religion. But as you are a literal dumb fuck you can't even grasp this.

karoliner

Arcane
Vatnik
lNmw6pL.jpg

Tigranes

Arcane
It's a railroaded cinematic historical larp game, and not a C&C-heavy CRPG with robust systems.

I literally stared at this with my open for a few seconds.

First of all, the "cinematic historical larp game" is just an edgy, meaningless word salad. Yes, there are cutscenes and yes, it's non-fantasy. Have a star.

A second, what are "robust systems" in your prestigious opinion and where can I find them?

heh. that wasnt even negative!

its closer to tw3, a game that i rate highly, and it sure isnt an underrail or even bg2. lets put it that way.

Paul_cz

Arcane
160 hours, all DLCs done and I am at All That Glitters in main quest.

Gotta say, Woman's Lot was really brilliant. I liked Theresa's flashback a lot, but Johanka's quest steals the show. Really extensive, well written, and oh so satisfying.

Few random shots from today

Looking for treasure in forest above Sázava

379430_20190906163301d1jbj.png

Rebuilding Pribyslavice Church - finished

379430_201909012303546pjsa.png

Waking up in a meadow due to sleepwalking

379430_20190903080114wokal.png

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
So I'm doing a hardcore run, with all negative perks on (for the chevo), and so far it's not that bad. The bleed and shaking hands maluses are p. annoying, but I suppose it'll get better once I get the thick blooded perk and level up lockpicking and pickpocketing a bit. Also the "save&quit" thing was a mistake, Warhorse should've removed it at least for hardcore. Trying to resist the save scumming urges is probably the hardest thing about this run.

Anyway, I got question about the dog. Seems to me his obedience is dropping way too fast. I feed him, pet him, get up his obedience to 70+. But in a few minutes it drops back to 55 or some such. Is that related to hardcore? Or is it because my houndmaster skill is still shit? If I have to feed and pet this thing every few minutes then fuck the flea-bitten mongrel, let him run away.

Smejki

Larian Studios, ex-Warhorse
Developer
So if I feed him rotten meat the obedience drops like a stone? Will keep it in mind.
Yes. I don't know much about the dog but I do know this bizzare detail.

I've heard you can now play as a girl in this game. Is it true, or was I lied to?
DLC A Woman's Lot provides a separate ca 3-5 hour story line where you play as one of the hero's closest female friends. The DLC also includes another female-centered 7-12 hour quest line, but you play as Henry there.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Right, so training with Bernard seemed like a great way to level up safely but now I see they aren't mock fights? When I asked him to train mace, I got my ass kicked and when the match ended I kept all my wounds. So I was bleeding like a stuck pig, with 7 HP left. How is that efficient in any way? You gotta go sleep it off for a day and then, with Nightmares on, wait a few more hours before you can start another "training" match. Bah.

PS: And now I found that if I ask Bernard to "learn combos", I get fully healed. Is all of that intended?

Modron

Arcane
How did that turn out anyway? Rate on a scale from Stronk Womyn to Cooking Simulator
Well in the stronk womyn section of a Women's Lot you're not that stronk because there is no armor to wear, no opportunity to acquire a strong melee weapon let alone gain the stats needed to wield one, I do believe you also couldn't stealth kill, and no blocking/masterstrike learned.

You are more meant to stealth the section and to this end you don't technically have to engage in combat outside of an optional side quest where you can practice archery on a "wolf". That said you could in theory kill ~10 cumans and maybe a guard or two with arrows to the face.

Carrion

Arcane
Patron
You do have stealth kills in A Woman's Lot. You can amass quite a bodycount in those couple of hours if you choose to, but yeah, it's still more of a stealth affair.

Yes. I don't know much about the dog but I do know this bizzare detail.
That explains a few things as I used Mutt as a garbage bin for most of my spoiled meat... Does it have to be rotten, or does slightly spoiled meat (i.e. condition under 50) have the same effectl?

Codex Year of the Donut
DLC A Woman's Lot provides a separate ca 3-5 hour story line where you play as one of the hero's closest female friends. The DLC also includes another female-centered 7-12 hour quest line, but you play as Henry there.
Its been a while since I played, but don't you have the option of just running past her when she's being attacked? Does that impact the DLC?

FreshCorpse

Arbiter
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
I'm honestly not sure what to do at this point. I just keep getting wrecked by ambushes. Hard to get through any travel without one or two and I can only escape from about half and the other half has 8 people, sometimes in full armor. I have some armor and a mace. What should I be doing differently?

I'm honestly not sure what to do at this point. I just keep getting wrecked by ambushes.
Realize that this barely-an-RPG is in fact quite crap, and run Uninstall.exe.

I am yet to see a combat system so opposed to the game's encounter design in another title.

FreshCorpse

Arbiter
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
Spent the morning trying to make progress. A mixed bag. Think I'm not ready to do the bandit camp stuff yet so am larking about with side quests. Even won a few ambushes, though normally they result in a game over screen for me.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom