Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance - Dan Vavra's medieval chad simulator

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Can barely get over 20 fps luuuuuul. I'll wait until i upgrade my shit before playing. Will be patched properly by then.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Please give your, probably useless, reports of how the game runs on your system. And by system I mean PC.

Are the official reviews out yet, or are the faggots still trying to catch what is the general opinion so they can decide what final score to put in order to get more clicks on their verbal diarrhea articles with pretentious allegories and dreadful attempts at being funny?

Regarding the video and other videos - I really don't give a shit about gamey looking h2h combat, less-than-perfect hitboxes, lack of face animations, movement speed not matching animation speed, bots strafing left/right, etc. Great games of the past have had the same problems and that didn't make them less great. Also shitty games from the near past had these problems, and no one batted an eyelid, happily devouring bethesda's turds one by one, and even begging for more.

Those are inevitable problems of an open world game, from M&B, through Skyrim to Elex, to Witcher 3 - animations will never be as smoothly fitting the surfaces or objects as in a game where each animation is made exactly for the scene it's being played in.

Paul_cz

Arcane
On my i5 2500K@4ghz, 8GB RAM, 1070 in 1080p:

- medium preset - rock solid 60fps in starting village everywhere, no drops
- high - mostly 60, some drops to 50
- very high, 40-60
- ultra - 20 - 40 Ultra is interesting because it enables insane lightning solution for interior shadowing that completely murders performance in interiors, it really needs future hardware to work decently.

The game looks beautiful even on medium, with the exception of pop-in. It is annoyingly distracting and I hope they manage to improve it.

As for the game itself, I only played for 20 minutes but it seems promising. Well written, atmospheric. But I will probably finish Elex first and delve into Kingdom Come after patches are out (and I might upgrade my CPU in the meantime).

Regarding reviews, I am not surprised at the diviveness, but it is a shame that always these super ambitious games that actually try to push the envelope gets slammed so hard for bugs, while perfectly polished mediocrity (like Horizon ZD) gets praised to high heavens. Life ain't fair man.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
and no one batted an eyelid, happily devouring bethesda's turds one by one,

Hey, Mr Dumbass, if you are not aware, Bethesda are the first ones to make an open world RPG, no one batted an eyelid because they were the only ones at the time who were making these kind of games, every next Bethesda game was braking new grounds at something.Now everyone and their grandmother wants to make an 'open world rpg', so naturaly the bar is set high.

thekdawg21

Augur
Project: Eternity
GTX 970ti, 16gb RAM, relevant i7 processor. Runs at about 50 fps in the early village. It's one of those instances of a PC game made worse by also having a console version, because the mouselook is floaty and it's almost like it wasn't designed to have the camera be moved in sharp precise movements. Annoying.

Early thoughts:

Absolutely dripping with atmosphere.
Graphics are gorgeous. Sound is very good, music is very good.
The world feels like it's lived in. Feels much more of a real place than say Skyrim did.
Voice acting ranges from pretty good to meh. Think a marginally better ELEX. Little things are annoying such as the guys with American accents, but it is what it is. That stuff doesn't bother me too much.

It has the potential to be very much like Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines was to me. A very memorable experience.

I'm a history buff and everything I've seen so far is historically accurate as far as we know of. The codex is full of historical information to brush up on. It's well written and helps you understand the history of what's happening (happened?) if you want to delve further. I will.

Will update with more "game" information as I get it, such as mechanics, dialogues, quests, and C&C. I didn't expect much, but now that I've tried it, i'm actually really excited to see what's in store.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Hey, Mr Dumbass, if you are not aware, Bethesda are the first ones to make an open world RPG,
No further comment.

If you think the first five Ultimas were open world you are wrong, they lacked a single unified scale, the towns and places were represented only as icons.
And game like the first Zelda from 1986 is not an rpg.

What you think today of 'open world RPG' and what most people think of is what Bethesda has started with Arena.

Walden

Savant
bethestard.png

shitposter.png

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Let the butthurt in! Bethesda has actualy set standard for the industry that everyone now is copying whether you like it or not, look at Witcher 3, Breath of the Wild and now KCD, basicaly all are clones of Bethesda style gameplay.
In essence you are playing a Bethesda game and you are not even aware of it. Todd Howard is everywhere.
I'm not saying this as fanboy of Bethesda, i'm just stating facts.

ArchAngel

Arcane
People on PC are already streaming it on twitch. Looks nice enough to watch so far in the linear "prologue" section.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Hey, Mr Dumbass, if you are not aware, Bethesda are the first ones to make an open world RPG,
No further comment.

If you think the first five Ultimas were open world you are wrong, they lacked a single unified scale, the towns and places were represented only as icons.

What you think today of 'open world RPG' and what most people think of is what Bethesda has started with Arena.
So for you loading into maps and areas makes the game not open world?
Well retard let me remind you that Skyrim for example loads into cities and dungeons. NOT OPEN WORLD! NOT OPEN WORLD!
go back to Zoo monkey.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
No further comment.

So for you loading into maps and areas makes the game not open world?
Well retard let me remind you that Skyrim for example loads into cities and dungeons. NOT OPEN WORLD! NOT OPEN WORLD!
go back to Zoo monkey.

Arena, Daggerfall and Morrowind did not have loading into towns, so yes Oblivion and Skyrim are not real open world games like they did before.

Mark Richard

Arcane
Sounds like it could use another month or two in the oven. No doubt the release date was influenced by the lack of competition this early in the year and will play a factor in determining the game's success. From March onward the heavy hitters start coming out.

As of right now my plan is to play Spellforce 3 first, and then Kingdom Come afterwards.

You can save in a bed or by drinking some saviour schnapps.

That is great actually not a minus.

Typical journos...

nah it is a minus, saving by checkpoints is a console feature
Checkpoints are static. This is a limited quicksave, the intention likely being to give every fight a certain gravitas.

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Normally I do not like so many cinematic cutscenes, but Jesus, some of this early stuff (skippable) is better than a movie. When the Hungarians show up... fuck.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Ok. I've been trying to get the game running for the past 2 hours and it just does NOT start for me.

I've tried everything - verifying the files, uninstalling/installing, updating my drivers, the lot. I click "Play" in my Steam, it says "KCD running" in my library list and after 2 seconds it goes back to nothing.

Why do you hate me jesus christ, you anemic fuck?

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom