Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance - Dan Vavra's medieval chad simulator

moon knight

Matt7895's alt
Yeah, we are the one who are too much into politics. :roll:

SJWs making a stink on this thing isn't gaining momentum, so relax.

For now, give it time. As soon as the ass spanking your character's father gives to your mom in the first minute of the game goes viral, it will be chaos.

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Their failed sense of realism and all that talk about historical accuracy lead to a combat system that is little more than Skyrim + extra attack directions - so quite rudimentary. It also features a lock-on system despite being first person, which makes no sense whatsoever. Fighting more than one enemy is a huge pain. Of course the damage calculation is just a rudimentary like in every other game (basically just damage-armor), despite the game being supposed to be realistic.

This is nonsense. Even a simple fistfight requires a decent amount of thought. There are no tactics in Skyrim. When you chain attacks from one direction to another, it ends up adding a lot of variables. Your enemy is almost always trying to block. You need to fake him out, force him out of position, or defend and execute a perfect parry, which so far requires a better sense of timing than I’ve developed yet. I tried to kite someone, but my stamina ran low, then he ran up and kicked me in the balls. There seem to be special moves you can execute—dude tried to get me in an arm lock and injured my arm, gimping it—but I haven’t been taught those yet.

Describing the damage calculation as damage-armor is deeply misleading. Each body part can have different armor and strong armor will fully block many different kinds of attacks. Not only do you need to maneuver your opponent so he can’t block your next strike, you also have to try to hit an unarmored area. Or use blunt instruments if you want to wail away at a heavily armored part of your opponents armor.

I really like the combat so far, but I can see how people used to spamming the attack button would get very frustrated.

Target lock is optional.

EDIT: I never play multiplayer anything, but this seems like it would be a great dueling simulator or melee simulator for PvP. That probably would’ve been very successful and Warhorse deserves mad props for focusing on the game they wanted to make rather than trying to cash in on multiplayer.

A historical open-world RPG set in the HRE made by proud Czechs to stem the tide of degeneracy sure sounds great. All the talk about bugs does not :(.

Speaking of which, how ARE the bugs, folks? Loads, annoying, gamebreaking? People on the verge of buying require a report!

On PC, the only bug I’ve encountered is a barmaid pouring an invisible pitcher. Runs like a dream. Then again, I’m only three hours in.

Fighting more than one enemy is a huge pain.

Strange, people who have been in real swordfights say the exact same thing.

Burning Bridges, you speak sense! Makabb, go talk about Bethesda somewhere else. Don’t be a cunt.

Last edited:

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
if you are not aware, Bethesda are the first ones to make an open world RPG

... are you ready to bet your life on it?

I love all those mysterious posts in this thread that never post any substantive value but all they do is edgy one liner!

I am glad I brightened your day. Every ounce of happiness counts in this bleak life.
But please bet your life on it so we can get rid of another shitposter :)

PS: I am kidding. Don't bet it on it but also don't procreate neither. :P

SlamDunk

Arcane
http://www.gamerevolution.com/review/368221-kingdom-come-deliverance-review-hardcore-henry

Long review. Here's the summary from the end of it:

GameRevolution said:
Kingdom Come: Deliverance: A Tough Call

I love Kingdom Come: Deliverance, and it's a game I see myself playing through again multiple times. There's a lot of replay value here, with it taking around 40 hours to clear the story, and there were plenty of side quests and activities I ignored due to time constraints. The hard part about assigning a game like this a review score is that there are definite flaws that are apparent, but the wonder of the time I spent in 15th century Bohemia makes them seem trivial in comparison.

I'm scoring this game high conditionally on the anticipation that many of the issues with the game will likely be corrected pretty quickly. A lot of them seem to relate to triggers misfiring and I doubt extensive work will be required to correct them. However, before you buy, make sure you look into whether or not the same glitches are still being reported. If the same problems with the game persist, you can go ahead and deduct a half point off the total.

The save system is horrible, and there are bugs aplenty, but Kingdom Come offers a unique experience that I don't think any other title can replicate. Kingdom Come shows that historical games can work and be immensely entertaining without taking too much license with the record of events. It's an enthralling look into a time and place that isn't taught with any real emphasis in the United States and helps paint a picture outside the United Kingdom, France, and Spain that seemed to be the focal point of a lot of European History classes I've attended.

If you want a bug-free experience, don't get Kingdom Come. If you want an excellent, open-world RPG that feels like a hardcore version of an Elder Scrolls game, then don't hesitate. The fact that an indie studio was able to release this only four years after their Kickstarter is insane to me, and it's games like this that set the bar higher for AAA developers. Warhorse did a magnificent job crafting Kingdom Come: Deliverance with only a fraction of the funding that an Elder Scrolls game would receive, and I can't wait to see how it supports this game and what its future titles have in store for us.

Disclaimer: Kingdom Come: Deliverance was reviewed on PC. Copy provided by publisher.

REVOLUTION REPORT CARD

4.5 Rating

+ 40+ hour story with at least 100 hours of content altogether.
+ Unique and challenging combat system.
+ Great quest design avoids genre cliches.
+ Graphics are stellar, especially for an indie production.
+ Manages to be historically-based without detriment to gameplay.
+ Really in-depth gear system.
+ Action-based stats feel a lot better in this type of game than traditional leveling.

- The save system sucks so bad.
- Has quite a few bugs, though none of them are truly gamebreaking.

I backed the game, so I've already got it on Steam. I'll wait for a month for the worst bugs to be squashed, get a brand new high-end desktop (HEDT) PC and lose myself into this game.

EDIT: With that in mind, it's better to step out of this thread due to possible major spoilers.

Last edited:

Dexter

Arcane
Preloaded, Installed the Windows Update, Installed the new Kingdom Come-specific NVIDIA driver, put a second 1080 in for SLI, unfortunately I only get ~25-30FPS with a single 1080 @4K on Very High and SLI doesn't seem to work properly yet, despite them stating otherwise before release: http://steamcommunity.com/app/379430/discussions/0/1700542332339158861/
:negative:

Will wait a day or two and see if there's a fix, other than that I might need to play @1080p or 1440p...ugh

Paul_cz

Arcane
Realized I forgot to update nvidia drivers in months, might improve performance a bit.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Ok finally got it to run....but I had to manually install the VC Redistributable crap that Steam always installs automatically. Aaand I had to uninstall all my Redistributables first (I had a crapton of them).

I have never even heard of anybody having to to that.

Ok game awaits.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Well. I like the first 30 minutes or so that I've played, but the performance is...not very good. Went down to the 'high' graphics option on 1440p, but there's no difference compared to very high or even ultra. And I'd be fine with a steady 40fps or so, but it's all over the place (30~60) which is annoying as hell and not very easy on the eyes.
Try low and then tell us. Also you forgot to write your CPU, RAM, MB, and graphics.

edit: That's interesting. Looking at cvv skills. "I never heard of anybody having to do that"

Last edited:

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy
Why the fuck do people expect to run an open world cryengine game at 4k with reasonable framerate, are you delirious or something ?

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Those are inevitable problems of an open world game, from M&B, through Skyrim to Elex, to Witcher 3 - animations will never be as smoothly fitting the surfaces or objects as in a game where each animation is made exactly for the scene it's being played in.
I remember I made control points to ensure legs would be smoothly fitting the surfaces. Now I remember I wasn't alone and some commercial developers showed how nicely their characters can walk on irregular walls, and stuff like that.

Of course it's irrelevant when game company shoots themselves into the feet by releasing on PC and consoles simultaneously.

Urthor

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Well lul, first enemy in the game and they skip 20 steps and the combat goes into full dark souls/jagged alliance how big is your dick punk. If anyone can beat the first real swordfight my hat comes off to you.

moon knight

Matt7895's alt
The save system seems to be received by the public the same way of the time limit of Fallout 1. A sounding and reasonable limitations that the huge public doesn't like at all.

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
189nmtt.png

:happytrollboy:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
If you're a game developer, two things you should do only if you have the most massive balls:

1) Time limits
2) Save limits

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy
The save system seems to be received by the public the same way of the time limit of Fallout 1. A sounding and reasonable limitations that the huge public doesn't like at all.

The save system would work better if the game would have less bugs but right now I have to agree with some of the reviews, there are some nasty ones out there and the save system is not making it easier.

Geckabor

Savant
Well lul, first enemy in the game and they skip 20 steps and the combat goes into full dark souls/jagged alliance how big is your dick punk. If anyone can beat the first real swordfight my hat comes off to you.
I'm at this point aswell now, and I have absolutely no idea how to beat this first real enemy. :lol:
If anyone has any tips, please feel free to share. I've gotten a few hits on him but once he attacks me once I just get combo'd to death instantly. Also, I'm not sure if I fully understand how blocking works.
I'm actually having quite a blast so far, though, and this challenge is pretty fun.

Junmarko

† Cristo è Re †
Patron
Right on time! SJW's accuse devs of racism in depicting 1405 Bohemia.

...As an Italian, the lack of Guinea-wops depicted in Ancient China also triggers me. #Boycott_Dynasty_Warriors_9

:lol:

Urthor

Prophet
Patron
oh I mean you are clearly supposed to run but I just refuse. I assume that you can actually beat him but you are are so clearly not meant to you'd have to fluke.

moon knight

Matt7895's alt
I'm at this point aswell now, and I have absolutely no idea how to beat this first real enemy. :lol:
If anyone has any tips, please feel free to share. I've gotten a few hits on him but once he attacks me once I just get combo'd to death instantly. Also, I'm not sure if I fully understand how blocking works.
I'm actually having quite a blast so far, though, and this challenge is pretty fun.

Run Geckabor, RUN !

Urthor

Prophet
Patron
OH LUL just beyond there Twitter will explode
the scene with the 3 dudes raping a girl and if you hit one of the 3 dudes 12 fully armored dudes spawn as well as the 3 that are already there in a literally impossible fight

Mustawd

I am still waiting for drama to start.. nobody got links to people that bash the released game because of all white characters? :D
You guys are far too much into politics. It's a real shame that gaming threads get poisoned by it.

Yeah, we are the one who are too much into politics. :roll:

SJWs making a stink on this thing isn't gaining momentum, so relax.

They're not in your game. Why do you care? FFS.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
If you're a game developer, two things you should do only if you have the most massive balls:

1) Time limits
2) Save limits
And this game has both, in some form :D

I remember I made control points to ensure legs would be smoothly fitting the surfaces. Now I remember I wasn't alone and some commercial developers showed how nicely their characters can walk on irregular walls, and stuff like that.

Of course it's irrelevant when game company shoots themselves into the feet by releasing on PC and consoles simultaneously.
Interesting, what's the connection between the +console release and lacking such control points?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom