Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance Pre-Release Thread [RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Just deceded to try out the beta,to see if it will run on my gtx580. Well it run well enough at 1080 medium,but the vegetation poping is bad,you see some kind of flowers poping 5 meters from you. As a whole i had fun 30 minutes,went on and killed the whole village and i didn't like only a few things. There was not much of population visible,whoever decided to make nights soo dark have never been outside a city in his life and doesn't know how light it is during the night. Also you can't have anything equipped out while riding (like torches),which is retarded,also the riding is like the one form the witcher. The bow shooting is terrible,you can't hit shit in 5 meters from you...literally,i was shooting some stupid peasant 5 meters from me while he was watching me retarded,maybe wasted 20 arrows,it just goes wherever it wants. I had more success with my homemade bow when i was 10. Another thing was how the villagers were unresponsive,i was poking them with my pointy stick and they were sitting there watching me. Also the combat doesn't feel impactful,it needs more blood and shit,when i think about medieval battle bloodless doesn't come to mind. Also it is pretty easy,as a total noob i managed to win 4 duels with some random soldier and a two against one battle. Anyway i had fun as a whole and it will be interested in the game when it comes.

PS:If some devs are watching,seriously fix the night thing,go for a few days in some far away vocation house in the wilds and see how the lighting is.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
whoever decided to make nights soo dark have never been outside a city in his life and doesn't know how light it is during the night
:retarded:

Also, the beta is several years old.
The one that i downloaded was from half a year ago. Also you must be retarded if you think that nights during that time were some kind of blinding darkness. You should go out camping more often. If there is a clear sky and decent moon you will have a lot of light.

Paul_cz

Arcane
whoever decided to make nights soo dark have never been outside a city in his life and doesn't know how light it is during the night

The one that i downloaded was from half a year ago. Also you must be retarded if you think that nights during that time were some kind of blinding darkness. You should go out camping more often. If there is a clear sky and decent moon you will have a lot of light.
There is no beta from half a year ago. The last release, last update, was in march 2016. Almost two years ago.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Not sure what kind of update there was in 2016 but I think the beta itself was released a year before that, in 2015. It's a very old build.

As for the night, yeah starry night isn't pitch black. Then again it's the most realistic night I've seen in a RPG. Usually it looks like on a cloudy day, like in Witcher 3 for example.

Sentinel

Arcane
BETA REVIEW / FULL VERSION PREVIEW

are those cutscenes in-game cutscenes or CGI promotional shit? Every in-game cutscene I've seen of this game has looked like some of the worst animating I've ever seen but those are actually excellent on that video.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

There is no beta from half a year ago. The last release, last update, was in march 2016. Almost two years ago.
Don't know really,just pirated it and it was from half a year or so.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
are those cutscenes in-game cutscenes or CGI promotional shit? Every in-game cutscene I've seen of this game has looked like some of the worst animating I've ever seen but those are actually excellent on that video.

There are cinematic cutscenes that are fully mo-capped and they look great. And then there are just common dialogues with NPCs that are not mo-capped and yeah, they are a mixed bag.

ArchAngel

Arcane

There are cinematic cutscenes that are fully mo-capped and they look great. And then there are just common dialogues with NPCs that are not mo-capped and yeah, they are a mixed bag.
Mixed bag is understatement. More like Andromeda would be a more correct term.

Paul_cz

Arcane
Yeah the common dialogue scenes are probably the weakest part, presenation-wise. It is very inferior to Witcher 3, but understandable given the less than quarter of a budget it had.
I do hope they are still polishing those right until the release though.

Sentinel

Arcane
This game's visuals got a serious downgrade.

I can't help but feel this is a disaster waiting to happen. I like Vavra and Mafia is one of my fav games but I just can't get rid of this bad feeling I have about this game. Story sounds dull, the combat system looks clunky as fuck, the dialogue animations are terrible, the voice acting is serviceable... nothing really seems interesting about it other than riding a horse through 1403 Bohemia.

I hope I'm wrong though.

Jarmaro

Liturgist
Well, companies that make good games don't last long. Anyway, we are getting 1-person CRPG, even if they bankrupt after release it's still an event worth celebration.
:positive:

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
"People looking at this will think it's Skyrim"

It's not a bad marketing strategy. Like it or not, Skyrim is immensely popular, and part of the reason for it's success has more to do with the idea of the game rather than the quality of the game itself. People are really, REALLY into LARPing.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
This game's visuals got a serious downgrade.

Is the footage form the PC or console version? Seems like they toned down on all the post-processing effects. Also, things spawn in the distance as you move along. Can't imagine that would happen on a top of the line PC.

jungl

Augur
Problem is there too much oblivion influence. They need to add some skyrim shouting and the game will be perfect.

frajaq

Erudite
So for people who played this shit on EA/Beta or whatever: How was the performance on PC? I'm worried my toaster might now handle this

Paul_cz

Arcane
Experience with early access versions is irrelevant to the final game, those were not optimized in any way.

Lahey

Laheyist
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Well, companies that make good games don't last long. Anyway, we are getting 1-person CRPG, even if they bankrupt after release it's still an event worth celebration.
:positive:
KCD is an arpg.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom