Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Kingmaker Video Let's Nerd

Discussion in 'Codex Playground' started by fluent, Oct 13, 2018.

1. fluent Prophet Possibly Retarded The Real Fanboy

fluent
    What's up fellas and fellaettes? I'm back with a new Let's Play and YouTube channel after nuking my last one. Doing a Kingmaker LP. First episode is messed up with the audio but the rest are fine. Aasimar Archaeologist trying to make the Stolen Lands great again. If you're bored have a look. This channel is where I'll be posting my new, exciting and amazing content. No monetization either, so no one bitch I'm trying to make money off it. I'm just spreading the good word of the Holy Order of Owlcat.

See you there, chaps.:brodex:

Last edited: Oct 13, 2018
    • When words are not enough x 4
    • Brofist x 3
    • Participation Award x 2
    • I found this text to be too long and as such I didn't read it x 2
    • "It was Aliens" x 1
    • Shit x 1
    • Hoo x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. Hoaxmetal Arcane

Hoaxmetal
    Let's not.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Participation Award Participation Award x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Deus Vult Deus Vult x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. PEACH Learned

PEACH
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Participation Award Participation Award x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. tindrli Arcane

tindrli
    i dont give fuck if you are monetizing or not

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. fluent Prophet Possibly Retarded The Real Fanboy

fluent
    Well in the past I was accused of trying to get people to watch my videos because I was monetizing. Now I could care less about the 2 cents per 100 views I would get by monetizing, so I don't have it enabled. Should be ad-free then, I guess. Unless YouTube just puts ads on everything now.

^ Top  
  6. vazha Savant

vazha
    Vidya lp? Bother not.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Despair Despair x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. fluent Prophet Possibly Retarded The Real Fanboy

fluent
    But...I make it interesting with my riveting commentary and skillful tactics in combat and character development! I also screw up a lot, so it could be funny to watch. If anyone is bored enough feel free to follow along, will be posting Episode 5 today.

• cuck cuck x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. Doktor Best Arcane

Doktor Best
    Every bit of attention Owlcat gains from those kind of lps is good, so youll get a brofist from me, fluent, this one time.

Don't use it all up at once!

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Salute Salute x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. fluent Prophet Possibly Retarded The Real Fanboy

fluent
    Thanks bro! :brodex:

^ Top  
  10. fluent Prophet Possibly Retarded The Real Fanboy

fluent
    Still chugging along, up to Episode 4 already. When some of you start showing up, watching and leaving comments I'll post more frequently. Come on, someone here has to like vidya LPs??? Anyone???

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Shit Shit x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. fluent Prophet Possibly Retarded The Real Fanboy

fluent
    Episode 6 will be up later today, but here's #5. We try our hand at spider swarms and sleeping bandits in this video, and also show you my ingenius (not) leveling up skillz.

Show Spoiler

Last edited: Oct 18, 2018
    • Shit Shit x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. fluent Prophet Possibly Retarded The Real Fanboy

fluent
    Episode 6 is up. Got a few new subscribers, if from here, that's cool. I try to make sound level up decisions and use tactics somewhat in this LP, so it might be of interest for that. Peace out!

Show Spoiler

• Shit Shit x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. Tiospo Novice

Tiospo
    Looks cute!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. fluent Prophet Possibly Retarded The Real Fanboy

fluent
    Why thank you. :) I would upload more often but I want a few viewers first before I do that. Feel free to take a peek if you get bored. :)

• Shit Shit x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. fluent Prophet Possibly Retarded The Real Fanboy

fluent
    If you're not playing the game currently you could be watching this LP. In Episode 7 we learn more about our sweetheart (or sweetheart-less?) Jaethal, head back to Fangberry Cave for a spider encounter and do a bunch more stuff. Movie length, baby, grab the popcorn. :)

Show Spoiler

• Shit Shit x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. fluent Prophet Possibly Retarded The Real Fanboy

fluent
    Ohhhhhhh yeaaaahhhhhhh!!! Episode 8 is up and we do some serious nerding in this one, searching for the Kobold chief and taking on Big Brown, aka a nasty brown spider in Old Sycamore. Yeeehaww!!

Show Spoiler

• Shit Shit x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. Lagole Gon Arcane

Lagole Gon
    Two bards.

That's two bards too many.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Despair Despair x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. fluent Prophet Possibly Retarded The Real Fanboy

fluent
    I remedy this later on in the series. But you MUST WATCH TO SEE HOW!!! MWHAHA!

But seriously, Linzi, as much as I enjoy her, gets replaced pretty soon. My character does admittedly kind of suck but I'm still working on fixing him.

• Shit Shit x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. fluent Prophet Possibly Retarded The Real Fanboy

fluent
    Episode 9 is up. We clear Old Sycamore of those pesky kobolds and head back to Oleg's to learn more about our new companions, Octavia and Regongar. Ch-ch-check it out!

Show Spoiler

Last edited: Oct 22, 2018
    • Shit Shit x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. fluent Prophet Possibly Retarded The Real Fanboy

fluent
    Episode 10 is live! In it we get sweet revenge on some Skeleton Champions, meticulously level up, talk to a walking bloated corpse and find some kobolds high on magic mushrooms. :lol:

Show Spoiler

• Shit Shit x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. fluent Prophet Possibly Retarded The Real Fanboy

fluent
    Ep. 11 is up. We hunt some bandits, have another encounter with the Forest Nymph, head to a desecrated temple, fight a vicious boar and meet some new interesting characters in this episode.

Show Spoiler

• Shit Shit x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. Tigranes Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

Tigranes
    Serpent in the Staglands Torment: Tides of Numenera
    Video?

You're talking in the video?

Nope

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • butthurt butthurt x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. fluent Prophet Possibly Retarded The Real Fanboy

fluent
    I talk about the game mechanics and give information about the game. It's a learning experience too! It's not like I'm rambling on about my day or how great my sex life is. It's all game-related, showing tactics, leveling up, etc.. It's decent commentary, I think. :)

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Shit Shit x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. fluent Prophet Possibly Retarded The Real Fanboy

fluent
    Don't disagree with me! It's a damn good commentary about the game mechanics, ruleset and so on. Okay, maybe not damn good, but it's decent, adequate even. Listen, I just ramble on in the videos about the game, I know it's terrible, cut me slack, okay? :negative:

Episode 12 is up and wa-howww it's a doozy. We speak with a Priest of Erastil, Jhod, explore a dangerous swamp, fight a deadly leopard, stumble upon some very tough wererats, take on a water elemental, scuffle with some dangerous wolves and more in this episode of Let's Nerd.

Embrace The Nerd.

Show Spoiler

• Shit Shit x 1
    ^ Top  
  25. Tigranes Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

Tigranes
    Serpent in the Staglands Torment: Tides of Numenera
    If you really want to know why some people will never ever watch these videos, it's completely inefficient. It takes me a few minutes to read dozens and dozens of Codex posts. That means even a DraQ word swamp takes a couple of minutes max, because I'm not going to read it like one reads Hegel or something. In contrast, I have to either sit here and listen to some yokel um and ah and wa-hoowww forever to discover if he even has anything worth saying. And usually, chances are, they don't.

The only reason to watch a video is for the things I can only get from the video, like if I want to know how the game flows, the animations, etc. Which I can do by skipping around in a gameplay video in 30 seconds.

There seems to be a significant set of people who enjoy watching other people play games. I have never understood why. If I want to waste my time, I can play games, otherwise, I can go do something else.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Prestigious Prestigious x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)