Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Knights of the Chalice finally on Steam and GOG

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
http://www.heroicfantasygames.com/KOTC_Introduction.htm

https://af.gog.com/game/knights_of_the_chalice?as=1649904300

Knights of the Chalice is a 2D RPG with turn-based combat for Windows. The game uses the OGL 3.5, the set of rules at the root of Dungeons & Dragons 3.5, a role-playing game from Wizards of the Coast. Create a party of four adventurers, explore the Crimson Coast of Mindrel and fight valiantly against the evil Council of the Slaver Lords, domineering Giants, fiendish Demons and scheming Dragons.
greatsword7_Steam.png

• Turn-based, party-based tactical combat similar to that found in the old Dark Sun Shattered Lands game made by SSI and in Troika's Temple of Elemental Evil.

• User-friendly interface. Launch a charge, full-attack or coup-de-grace with a single click - the computer will automatically look for the best option available.

• Well-developed artificial intelligence. Enemies act as a group and use special actions like Grapple or Charge and tactics like taking a five-foot step before casting Maximised Fireball.

• Omnipresent help files and clear in-game feedback (a feature also found in Temple of Elemental Evil) on the results of each dice roll, saving throw, attack roll, modifiers, etc.

• 175 magic spells, most of which were taken from, or inspired by, Wizard of the Coast's open game content. The list of spells is available from the developer's website.

• Craft your own weapons and apply enchantments like Wounding, Speed, Flaming Burstand Keen. The lists of weapon enchantments and feats are in the developer's website.

• Multiple-choice dialogue allowing you to resolve situations in unexpected ways.

• A large campaign largely inspired by the classic Dungeons & Dragons modules Scourge of the Slave Lords and Against the Giants.

• Enjoy collecting 100 Steam achievements designed to challenge the best tacticians.
greatsword7_Steam.png

Free Demo/Tutorial: this is a unique adventure.

A haunted forest. Strange ruins. The villagers call this place “Devil’s Lair”. The ruins may be dead, so they say, but the sinister, malevolent creatures that lurk underneath most certainly are not.

Tightening your packs, you reflect upon this. The devil’s lair, Hah! How could any self-respecting adventurer shy away from the golden opportunity? In this short adventure, the player characters are pre-created and start at level 3.
greatsword7_Steam.png

For more information, please visit the developer's website. Thank you for reading!

Mother of god.

Kinda like 10 year anniversary release. He even implemented Steam achievements and leaderboard features.

Last edited by a moderator:

Geckabor

Savant
Tried the demo myself a few months ago and it was really, really good.
There was one optional encounter with skeletons/mummies I didn't manage to beat, so I probably need to git gud before KOTC hits Steam.
Really looking forward to this.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Got this email:

Dear video game news providers and influencers,

Just a quick message to let you know that Knights of the Chalice will be released on the Steam platform on Friday 23 August 2019. The game's store page on Steam has now been made public at the following address: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1083760/Knights_of_the_Chalice/.

Knights of the Chalice is a party-based RPG with turn-based combat for Windows. KotC 1 uses the OGL 3.5, the ruleset at the root of Dungeons and Dragons 3.5. In KotC 1, create four Adventurers and embark on a bold journey to save the Land from Slavers, Demons, Dragons and other Evil Forces, as your Heroic Party progresses all the way from level 1 to level 20.

A Kickstarter campaign is still planned for the future adventure modules of KotC 2. The first KotC 2 adventure module, Augury of Chaos, and the KotC 2 module and campaign editor will be released to backers as soon as the campaign ends. In KotC 2: Augury of Chaos, your Heroic Party confronts a group of Evil Fanatics allied with various Demons and Fiendish Dragons.

Thank you for reading! Best regards,

Pierre Begue

Delator

Has Pierre mentioned a price?

Also, has he said anything about existing owners getting free Steam keys?

Last edited by a moderator:

Yosharian

Arcane
Yeah it would be nice if we could get a free key. I don't think that's going to fucking happen, though.

When is KOTC2 coming out anyway?

Martyr

Arcane
I highly doubt that he's going to give out free keys to owners. would be an intelligent move though, cuz we all could write a review then. I don't think many people are going to buy it a second time, just because "muh precious achievemts", so getting reviews might be kind of hard.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
I guess I can remotely understand the concern about potential risk of charge back (let's just set aside whether KotC is desirable target for fraudsters), but at least he can give out keys to the existing buyers, as a thank you or to encourage leaving reviews (even though the reviews won't count in the score).

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Back in the day, Vault Dweller distributed Steam keys to people who preordered Age of Decadence via private messages on the Iron Tower forums. No reason Pierre couldn't do the same, but he was probably just eager for any plausible excuse to brush the request off.

Darth Canoli

Arcane
I don't think many people are going to buy it a second time, just because "muh precious achievemts"

The full game will have 100 Steam achievements and the free demo will have about 16 Steam achievements. There is also a Steam leaderboard for both the demo and full game.

I think you're wrong, how many codexers will be able to resist both the 100 achievements and the steam leaderboard ? Not many.
And how many steamtards ? Only the few from the previous line.

Elhoim

Iron Tower Studio
Developer
I highly doubt that he's going to give out free keys to owners. would be an intelligent move though, cuz we all could write a review then. I don't think many people are going to buy it a second time, just because "muh precious achievemts", so getting reviews might be kind of hard.

Reviews from gifted keys don't count towards the score %. That lowered AoD's score quite a lot.

Generic-Giant-Spider

Also, will nu-GOG still accept KOTC?

Hello,

I'm sorry for late reply.

Thanks a lot for your submission and your interest in GOG.

We’ve taken a look at Grimoire, Knights of the Chalice, it looks like a rich RPG game, with complex combat, deep lore, fun mechanics and simple, yet eye-catching retro graphics.

Unfortunately, however, we feel that the game would not be a good fit for GOG, as we think that it appears to be too niche and a bit too small in scale in terms of production value for our users, which means that we aren’t confident in its release potential on our site.

For these reasons I’m afraid we will have to pass on Grimoire: Heralds of the Winged Exemplar, Knights of the Chalice.

If you have any other games in the future that might be a better fit for GOG, please let us know, and hopefully we’ll be able to work together.

Regards,
Dr Cat

Norfleet

I played this, but managed to bore everyone here to death with my experience.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom