Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Known World - Dead Gods hear no pray (CYOA) - "frozen"

Jester

Arbiter
Bit busy this week.

1) D
3) A1

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
They found Kaizoku one night, after he contacted with you and "requested" his assistance in their plans. He couldn't disagree, they pointed it out, very well. So he sold them informations about you. He told you how they paid him large amount for money for each one.
So if they found him after he contacted us, then he wasn't compromised before - right? In this case his message that he knows who is responsible for the fall of the House should be genuine. Or am I missing something?

If he couldn't refuse anyway (why was that?), why did they bothered to pay him?

So, the choices.
1) C - give him to Alexander and have Alex connect him to the recent happenings. Have his property confiscated for treason. And ask for a cut.

It is only fair if the money he got for his betrayal would serve us in the end.

2) Magic items:
- Two shield potions for companions, 1 shield amulet for us. (2000 gold)
- 5 potions of Invisibility (1500). Can never have too many.
- Faint powder - for our intended target. (300)
- Vomit amulet - quite useful for those times we are outnumbered. Warn the allies about it so that they don't get caught in the effect. (2000)
- Ring of mirror image/blur - extra protection in case of a fight. (1200 coins)
7000 gold.

Misc:
- Disguise box - always useful. (300)
300 gold.

Weapons:
- Cold Iron dagger with anger of dwarven kin enchantment (4500 coins). Can penetrate magical defences and armor? Gimme! (4500)
4500 coins

Total: 11800 coins.

3) A2, and take Avian and Castor if he is stealthy and got healed. Avian for his experience and expertise, and Castor for potential magical support. He should be interested in those guys as well - they'll be searching for him after all.

Have Alex send his assassins to a nearby area without attracting too much attention, and order them to be at the ready. They will not participate in the operation if it goes normally, but they should cover our asses if things go south and we'll have to retreat. In other words, they are our plan B (reinforcement if we need to take the place by force) and C (cover if we need to flee).

Karwelas

Dwarf Taffer
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut I helped put crap in Monomyth
Nevill You can't exactly tell what Kaizoku means, but that is probably before he send this message. It was rather kind of boobie trap to get you somewhere near Larnmarn. So they had knowledge about you long before they captured you, if they were able to find Kaizoku.

It was rather that they didn't wanted him to make any sort of problems. Kaizoku is greedy as fuck and when you pay him for job he always do for someone else, why he should feel bad or hurt? They pretty much did it to both avoid problems and have possibility to use him in future. (Which could be impossible to do if they would forced him, without paying)

Nevill

Arcane
What kind of connection we had with Kaizoku that they needed him, specifically, to get to us?

Karwelas

Dwarf Taffer
Patron
What kind of connection we had with Kaizoku that they needed him, specifically, to get to us?

He was one of Weaver informants, started working with Weaver short after House destruction. While he wasn't anyone important, he managed to collect some knowledge about "Black" and find out that she is also called Weaver. (Probably, it makes sense)

He had some knowledge about House before you even meet him and that was main reason that you used him to find out what happened during that damned rebellion. You didn't gave him much details, but you asked him to send you message if he would ever found anything. This how they used him as a bait. Not that you trusted that message, it was just hard to predict that somebody will attack you BEFORE you get to Larnmarn.

If you wonder how they could find out your route - there are some Scrying spells that can point out things like that but those are expensive as hell and often fail.

Karwelas

Dwarf Taffer
Patron
Righto guys, closing voting today, but with one... special thing. I want you to think about that shop items as we have pretty few players and those may be important later. You still can "buy" it before action, in next update, but if you want to make decisions, talk about it, please. I have small problem with that one.

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
The cold iron weapons are of obvious use. I wanted throwing knives to gank mages, smug in their protective magics, from afar. The potion/powders are good too. Wouldn't argue against buying any of them. Of the rings/amulets the only one I argue against is the life detect. Not working through walls etc or on undead seems kind of meh. The ??? is too pricey for me given the total lack of useful information.

Nevill

Arcane
I wanted throwing knives to gank mages
I think it is 3000 for each weapon, so 6 throwing daggers would cost 18000 gold, which is more than we have.

Though if we can commission a melee dagger that also doubles as a throwing one when in a pinch, I am all for it.

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
Must have missed that. Yeah. Just one then.

edit
might want to half my potion order too.

Last edited:

asxetos

Augur
1c. BUT he must not be publicly executed before we deal with Karinar.
2 Nevill's pack. I would love to get my hands on the Seardim Seal too but 5k is too expensive :/
3A2. With Avian and Castor. I dont think A1 can work with Castor and Judge along so lets play safe.

Karwelas

Dwarf Taffer
Patron
Votes, closed.

Tally:

Grim:
1C
2 Six(6) cold iron throwing knives, four (4) glass bombs, healing potions two(2) of each, Shield amulet, disguise box.
3 x for now.
plan x for now.

Jester:
1) D
3) A1

Nevill:
1) C - give him to Alexander and have Alex connect him to the recent happenings. Have his property confiscated for treason. And ask for a cut.

It is only fair if the money he got for his betrayal would serve us in the end.

2) Magic items:
- Two shield potions for companions, 1 shield amulet for us. (2000 gold)
- 5 potions of Invisibility (1500). Can never have too many.
- Faint powder - for our intended target. (300)
- Vomit amulet - quite useful for those times we are outnumbered. Warn the allies about it so that they don't get caught in the effect. (2000)
- Ring of mirror image/blur - extra protection in case of a fight. (1200 coins)
7000 gold.

Misc:
- Disguise box - always useful. (300)
300 gold.

Weapons:
- Cold Iron dagger with anger of dwarven kin enchantment (4500 coins). Can penetrate magical defences and armor? Gimme! (4500)
4500 coins

Total: 11800 coins.

3) A2, and take Avian and Castor if he is stealthy and got healed. Avian for his experience and expertise, and Castor for potential magical support. He should be interested in those guys as well - they'll be searching for him after all.

Asx:

1c. BUT he must not be publicly executed before we deal with Karinar.
2 Nevill's pack. I would love to get my hands on the Seardim Seal too but 5k is too expensive :/
3A2. With Avian and Castor. I dont think A1 can work with Castor and Judge along so lets play safe.

Results:

1) C
3) A2 - Avian and Castor.

Magical items that you will buy: (give me few minutes to sort it)

Next update? Not before end of this weekend, probably few days. I was busy working on something, but like I said, it is nothing that will change updates of Dead Gods.

Karwelas

Dwarf Taffer
Patron
Dear players, Codexians. I have something to announce.

I was thinking about possibility of that move for some time now. Dead Gods is pretty big project, for someone like me. As GM, I don't have enough experience and skill. As writer, my writing technique is flawed. I know this maybe isn't big problem for you, but for me - it is.

This part of year will be hard for me - I will write (or rather try to pass) exams, this is my last class of high school, so I will have much less time then before. Also, I start my second, much smaller COYA project of small adventures.

Why I have time for that second thing? Well, it is much smaller and simpler. Also, this will be something like training for me - smaller text, less mechanics, smaller locations and premade hero. I also treat that as possibility to train, gain experience and skills in narrating and writing.

So, yes. Dead Gods will be inactive for some time. How long? I don't know - but I will reactivate it.

I hope you understand, welp. I probably tried to take too much on my first attempt. I will link second project it when it will be ready.

Karwelas +M

Last edited:

Karwelas

Dwarf Taffer
Patron
Somewhere...

Old witch looks into orb, at images of distant places, visages of unknown people. Her expression changes with each scene that appear - sometimes her face transform into cold mask of disgust and impassivity. Some images make her grin or chuckle a few times. Only few of those, however, make her eyes shine with interest...

Pale face of woman called Weaver is one of those.

'Yes...' she mutters to herself, rubbing her nose. 'What a fascinating person. I knew you will provide me a little more then excitement first time I saw you, my dear.' While she keep talking to herself, still looking at orb, black cat slowly walk out of darkness between two bookcases. Like every other member of feline family, he posses certain gifts - like way of looking at other creatures with incredible amount of pity. After all, not everyone were lucky enough to born as a cat.

And except that, he posses a few more gifts, not so common among cats - inconveniently for everyone else, he can talk.

'She still can't hear you, old hag.' says cat as he jump on the table, other site of it. Staying at safe distance from old woman.

'Oh.' she sights. 'It is you, damn bag of useless fat. I was pretty sure that you said something about... being away from me for a longer while.' her gaze stops at the her companion for a while, before she look back at orb.

'I finished my business outside, but it was a while... I see you are watching your new favorite.' the cat lies on a table and start to wash himself with his tounge. 'She really make you fascinated with her.'

Witch frowns, as the cat says last sentence. 'I suggest you to remember who you are talking to.' she hisses. 'And... maybe. Besides, she did some interesting things... and she know interesting people. Too interesting for her own good.' she chuckles and shakes her head. 'Anyway, you get back in good moment... she is just before getting some answers from someone... or her death.'

As image change, woman called Weaver stand on top of some building, talking with some people. They seems to be deeply concern as they look at building on the other side of street. Group of guard stand nearby entrance of that building, talking. One of people on roof points at something and nods to others...

And then, as they move, image suddenly flashes and disappear. Expression of witch goes through whole scale of emotions. From suprise, by shock and anger and ending at fury. The cat quickly jumps off table and run into safe darkness.

'WORK, YOU STUPID PIECE OF USELESS FUCK!' the orb suddenly meets with powerful wave of magic. Or rather, wave hit the orb that start shining with blinding light. But spells do nothing, as orb show nothing, even after longer while. Finally, witch frowns and hit table, jumping back into a chair.

'What is causing those disruptions?' she mutters to herself. "No, that is impossible... It can't be." she looks at the orb again, making gestures. "What a twist... Something is blocking my view. Well, maybe if I try to correct this like... this?"

The orb flashes and mist inside slowly start to twist. After few second, a new image appears...

"Oh." witch smiles again, this time, maybe even a little bit happier then usual. "Who do we have here?"

Young man salutes to woman, sitting at the table and wirting something. His face is full of concern, but also happiness. As he slowly walks away, his voice rings in air near the orb for a while.

"Yes." he says. "The first mission awaits for me. Jarlo Karhim."

And then, witch start laughing. And she laugh for long... long time.

All right, people. I know I promised no more updates, but you may think of it as small "closing" chapter of Weaver advenutres... for now, of course. In meantime, we are slowly getting closer and closer to start of Jarlo Project. Stay turned on, if you want to read little bit about advenures from Known World. I hope to see you soon.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom