Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Known World - Dead Gods hear no pray (CYOA) - "frozen"

Karwelas

Dwarf Taffer
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut I helped put crap in Monomyth
Well, we barely started. It is interesting to see where that would bring us.

None so far. Having not seen the game world up close yet, or any major consequences to us picking a soulless, I am sticking to the 'easy' choices.

I have no idea what to do with the character just yet, so I am leaving it for her in-built motivation to carry the plot forward.

Funny that you mentioned it, Nev, as I'm doing something to work on that. You see, our dear Weaver/Rega van Lier'ze (yep, it is her canon real name. You don't use it, but some characters can, so I wanted to mention it anyway. Who know her real name? Not that I can really say as some of them may be already dead, but I can confirm that some knew her by that name) have her background inside of setting, as it would be bit too... weird for me to don't have any excluding that short description about her father and origin. She live above 250 years now and she had done some important things to our story. (including her 'old' live, but she says that she isn't that person anymore and in some way, it is true. Real soul of Rega is somewhere in Void, along with thousands other dead people from March. That what is in place of her soul is created from leftovers and infused by power of her mind and body and it was so far confirmed in gameworld by wizard and other people researching that thing)

So far in Myth, if I remember it correctly, we don't know too much about our female Indiana (God, how much I love Fangshi characters) excluding some facts. Well, Known World may be a bit different in that matter. Weaver saw some shit in her live, lived out three generations of her friends and her family and must deal with own problems. And she hasf some of it as you know. She still has some bad memories with some souless hunger things as she was forced to feed on someone who didn't deserved to die (she was at edge of sanity of that moment, however, and couldn't control it), at least in her own eyes. But you will read about it in interlude that I work on.

She also was commander of three generations of House of Servants. She was on many of missions herself. But, sadly, writing all her live story would be:
a) Too long for me.
b) Way to hard for me, as I'm pretty much... inexperienced on field of writing any story and Known World is my first attempt ever (at least in english)
c) It would be a bit of pointless as me and you probably couldn't remember everything and this... well. It could create mistakes and misunderstandings.

Those three are my main reasons to choose similiar thing as Fangshi used in Myth - you will get some facts from her live when she will tell it to our both companions. (not everything, as he don't trust Castor so much, but that what she isn't going to say, she may think about it as well) And by that I mean pretty general backstory of her live, without much details so you could know thing or two. Some other facts will come with knowledge from other characters... if you will meet them, of course. Rest of her live may stay in darkness. But who knows.

Anyway, when I already wrote about how backstory of your character work in KW, let's talk a bit about storytelling and story itself. Well, first thing - I have a problem with tenses, as everybody with even basic knowledge of english grammar can see. My problem is that I don't exactly know which tenses I should use in story and I'm working on it right now, so now updates may be slower, but they will be better written now. (I hope so... :lol:) Second thing - your choices may create story. Well, yes, I use some premade events that may or may not happend in gameworld, depending on your choices, but it is mostly written by you and your luck (rolls). Some example, without spoilers - if you would choose escaping with Masked in first chapter, he would act different towards you now. It was possible for you to get first to Blue Eyes and save him if you would choose different route back then. Damn, even your questions may change/add/close some choices, as it happend with Masked (you impressed him a bit with those questions, or rather by that you had big enough 'balls' to ask them after you learned who he may be).

What about characters? Well, it really depends on their personality and their feelings towards you. Regreh is kind of your companion that I included as support for you on start. He, of course, have his own plots and backstories, but you may think as him as an... fulfillment of your party. But as you saw in Dambarg example, they have their own buisness. Don't be suprised when someone will left you without word if you do something against their own moral compass... or even more. But if you will read between their actions, you will know if you are close to that... at least for most of them. So yeah, think about them as not only your tools... unless you know how to use them like that. ;)

Ending... well. I know what you think - "YOU ALREADY THINK ABOUT ENDING AND YOU DON'T EVEN STARTED, YOU STUPID FUCK" - well, sorry, sorry! I only wanted to say when game will end! So... there are three ways. First one is simplest - you die. This however, don't mean that game will end, as you will have chance to take any of your characters in part and make them main character... with their pros and cons. Or you can just choose to finish it, then you will get epilogue. Second - finish certain premade plots. This will trigger endings... what will happend next? Well, now you can go on first page and look at my first post. See this thing? Act I? Yep. This will trigger act II. However, I can't say more. You are faaaaar from that point and I don't think you will get to it anytime soon. Oh. And option number three - secret. But don't count on it.:smug:

About what I can say more? Hmm, well... you will get to larger plot now and you may think of it as second part of prologue. So this still mean that your character can't die (at least not by other means then preplaned death), but your companions - can. And your character still can get into cirt so I suggest to be subtle with your plans.

Ohohoh, I almost forget. Believe me, picking souless will have it's consequences. But remember that I warned you that it is FUCKUS MAXIMUS choice. However, don't expect hate from everyone or anything like that, just becouse you are souless. But some people may be a bit cold to you if you will show them your true nature. I suggest getting some dwarf contact lenses to hide your eyes. Free tip.

Well, that is everything for now, I think.

Larnmarn is in a way the same to me as a Dwarven Kingdom until they grab torches and pitchforks and chase us out - and we have a plot hook for the former, too.

I don't know if you mean Myth or KW there, Nev. :) If you mean KW - I don't know why you think Weaver was kicked out Dwarven Kingdom, but prehaps that is one of my mistakes. (or I forget something, but then I'm retarded and you need to shoot me in face for my stupid memory). Dwarfes are actually one of few people that don't think of souless people as someone much different then normal human. Well, maybe becouse sucking dwarf is like bitting cactus to get some water from it (at least for souless, I remember that I wrote about it back in some Index posts), but I don't think it was it.

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Second - finish certain premade plots.
That's what I'd like to do.

There has not been a lot of completely freeform adventures on these boards. Myth was really unique in that it didn't follow a set narrative, and could be pretty much about anything the players would choose. So I want to play it a bit like we did there. We had a very strong initial motivation that drove us forward and gave us all the reasons we need to see it to the end, and by the end of it we have acquired 15 more plothooks as well as a sense of where we stand in the world, and went from there.

Believe me, picking souless will have it's consequences.
No doubt, but we haven't seen those. We don't really know what to watch out for and how to best do it. We don't know if packed cities are good or bad for someone with our condition. We know our character did it before, but we as players hav no experience handling this yet.

If you mean KW - I don't know why you think Weaver was kicked out Dwarven Kingdom
No, I don't think that. I meant they are both locations we know nothing about yet (safe for bits of lore), and I have no reason to favor one over the other. So I am going for something that is close by and, being populated with humans, is easier to understand.

I also meant that Larnmarn would be more likely to grab the torches, and that's the risk I accept - and even want to take - since our character is a spymaster and thus should in theory be safe, if only because she is less likely to do something :retarded:.

Karwelas

Dwarf Taffer
Patron
That's what I'd like to do.

There has not been a lot of completely freeform adventures on these boards. Myth was really unique in that it didn't follow a set narrative, and could be pretty much about anything the players would choose. So I want to play it a bit like we did there. We had a very strong initial motivation that drove us forward and gave us all the reasons we need to see it to the end, and by the end of it we have acquired 15 more plothooks as well as a sense of where we stand in the world, and went from there.

Good to know that you like it. Well, feel free to play is as Myth - by certain plots I mean rather larger plots, but those don't need you to be resolved (mostly). Some of large plots are hidden, some are very visible (like demon attack on Larnmarn - but nobody said that is one of those plots ;) ). Anyway, you are really free to do anything as you want, but I think you will rather follow some plots chosen by you as those will be first thing that you get (like vendetta on man behind everything that happend to you or people behind your capture... or maybe both. Who knows).

No doubt, but we haven't seen those. We don't really know what to watch out for and how to best do it. We don't know if packed cities are good or bad for someone with our condition. We know our character did it before, but we as players hav no experience handling this yet.

No, I don't think that. I meant they are both locations we know nothing about yet (safe for bits of lore), and I have no reason to favor one over the other. So I am going for something that is close by and, being populated with humans, is easier to understand.

I also meant that Larnmarn would be more likely to grab the torches, and that's the risk I accept - and even want to take - since our character is a spymaster and thus should in theory be safe, if only because she is less likely to do something :retarded:.

Ah, yes. About cities - if your character have some knowledge about it, I will point it out in updates, don't worry. And your character will always try to deal with that thing, unless you came up with idea and order her to do other thing. (She is spymaster, as you pointed at the end of your post).

Oh and your knowledge about Larnmarn is rather very good as you was there multiple times. Some wards are safer then others, but about that - in update... if you will get to Larnmarn. And again, yep, your character will always act like this, unless you choose something else. (Like making herself a bait or something).

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
I don't mind the grammar either. It does take more time to read and understand what you've wrote. So, I wait to read your updates when I'm sure I've got enough time.

Karwelas

Dwarf Taffer
Patron
Aaaaand in meanwhile, I have another question. Should I tag you in updates guys? I don't know how many of you read/watch/want to vote so I just want to be sure.

Nevill

Arcane
I don't care either way. I have this thread on Watch, so I don't usually miss anything. It had its uses when the updates were expanded over the course of several days to notify people that there is new information available and that their input is required, but this doesn't happen too often anymore.

Last edited:

Karwelas

Dwarf Taffer
Patron
Interlude 1
Even in dreams

(Choices included)

For the first time - in a very, very long while, to be honest - you feel safe. Your journey started not too long ago, yet you got far enough from Ravenhorn that you decide to rest a bit in the saddle. Your experience in that field isn't something that you could call useful, but rest is rest. You quickly warn Castor and Regreh about your decision and they nod to you, as they continue their long dispute about best qualities of food and drinks...

'Rest a bit, Weaver. - Regreh smiles to you. 'You will need it. Anyway, Castor, tell me, why are you so damn stubborn about those wines? Everyone knows that meads are best for any kind of meal! Meat, vegetables... anything goes great with mead!'

'Sir Regreh, I told you! Wines are also great for most meals. There are many types of wines. Oh, rest well, ma'am.' Castor also offers you a warm smile and even something more. He makes some gestures and you suddenly feel more... relaxed. - This spell will make your rest more... comfortable. I know how bad it is when you sleep like this. - he winces and shakes his head.

'Don't call me sir! I told you, boy, I'm damn Regreh for you now, after we fought next to each other!' - the dwarf laughs and hits the young wizard in his shoulder, making him almost fall from his horse. 'Anyway, maybe I will try those... wines. You know, I think it might be just the difference in what we ate when we were young... lik...e...'

You slowly fall into the realm of dreams, relaxed. Castor's spell really worked, it seems. Slowly, your senses weaken, but not enough to make you lose your balance or anything like that. 'Too many years of commanding a spy organization' - you chuckle to yourself in your thoughs.

Your dreams are just images from the past, at first. Training with Hiri. People from the first House of Servants. Some of your personal missions. Many, many things. Sometimes happy, sometimes bittersweet. You do not move as images appear and disappear, in a chaotic slow dance. Your memories... are yours. You are happy with them. This is your life.

But for some reason, you feel regret. At first, you don't know why this feeling appears in such a peaceful dream, but it doesn't fade. Regret. What do you regret?

Maybe those people that you left in pools of blood, murderer?

You stop... somehow. And look around, in darkness, a dark room... how did you? Is this still a dream? You ask yourself, but you don't hear any answers... did you really hear that voice, soft, but harsh? Your eyes close, as you try to focus on sounds around you. At first, you only hear wind.

Why you want to hear anything except your own voice, soulless?

You slowly turn your eyes at the source of voice, shrouded in darkness. Your mouth opens, but only wind come out of it. You don't know how you should respond. You try to come up with anything, but you just can't... why?

After all, the only thing that mattered for you... was just that, wasn't it? It was always like this... Remember the first House? Bagra, a great friend, oh yes, he was a great friend. A dwarf, probably the only one who ever managed to be better than you at creeping. Only thanks to him your idea was a success. You knew that, didn't you? And what did you do? Left him to rot in a dungeon of some little landlord after one of your stunts.

This time, you respond. With anger in your voice. This memory hurts your heart. But it wasn't like this.

'I would never leave my friend in danger! Whoever you are, you are wrong! Barga escaped from that dungeon, leaning on my own shoulder! And that bastard that tortured him... I made him pay!' you yells into darkness, but the only responce you get a first is a quiet chuckle.

Oh, so you disagree with that he died after that? Didn't he meet his death in your arms, soon after that, bleeding from his wounds inflicted by tortures? Didn't he beg you to finish his agony? And what have you done? Nothing! NOTHING!!! You looked at his face and you didn't take the dagger in your hands... you could make this so easy for him... you could.

You shiver when the voice yells 'NOTHING'. But you don't lose your confidence... at least not all of it.

'I... I couldn't do it. I would never stab my friend, looking in his eyes... even if he begs me for it. I couldn't. Do you even know what is it like? Looking at their face, seeing the pain slowly draining their life away from their bodies?'

I'm pretty sure that you could be that pain.

You look into the darkness again, terrified. You know what this voice suggests. Slowly shaking your head, you look around.

'No... not to someone...'

Someone who is your friend? Someone dear to you? Someone... that you like? Oh, so this is how you feel... but what of those poor people that died by your hand... while you fed on their lives, their souls. And don't even try to say that they were guilty... some of them, yes. Some deserved that fate, maybe even worse. But what about this child, remember? That poor child that met a monster in a dark alley, a hungry monster. A monster trapped in a besieged city. Why couldn't you control your hunger for a little more? Why couldn't it be... someone else?

You feel everything around you change...

It was a hard mission, as you remember it. Trapped in Glazkam City, one of the towns in South Kingdoms, under siege. It was pure bad luck that it happened when you were there, alone. You don't even remember who attacked the city that time, almost as if it wasn't important. You let this knowledge fade away... but you had your reasons.

Patrols around the city were too tight to get away from them. You couldn't find anyone to suck their life energy, even a tiny bit. No one even wanted to hire a whore that you could pretend to be. Your hunger slowly grew inside of you. For two weeks... then a day after.
Two days.
Tree days.
Another week.
Three weeks without any life force. You didn't know you could handle that much without going insane. It isn't like normal hunger. It doesn't kill you right away. It makes you... forget. Who you are. Why you are. Where you are.

It leaves only a beast inside, hungry and angry.

That time you lost control. That was a bad night. The only thing you remember from your hunt for another soul is your desperation and determination to live. And the weather, the rain...

You remember how one of your agents, Blazik, always said about the rain - 'Heaven is crying over us.'

What a sarcastic bastard, considering that he murdered his best friend after he learned about you and the House by pure accident. You didn't even have a chance to stop him. Not that you would do that. He just asked one question to him.

'What did you hear, Tak?' his voice was... full of sadness.
'Blaz, we are friends. What do you want to do? Bla! - wait! PUT THAT KNIFE DOWN! Bla-!' a voice of a young man quickly turned into groans as a knife pierced his heart. You looked away and decided to take a walk. You knew that Blazik will need some time. They always do. When you came back, he still was looking at the body, sitting in one of the chairs nearby. This wasn't first time you saw a thing like that... sometimes, however, you were forced to do this yourself. To both your agent and victims. Sometimes... they just couldn't take it.

'Weaver...' he said, more to himself than to you. 'Is... is it always like this?' You looked at him, but Blaz' eyes were empty. And he didn't even look at you.

'This is why I asked you if you really wanted to be a part of this. There is always a possiblity that you will be forced to do that again. We are the House of Servants, Blazik. The only family and friends we have are other servants. We are the only people that can know... who was he?' Your voice didn't changed at all. You could never show anyone that you still feel. This is why you never responded to his question. Because the truth hurts. Always.

'He... His name was Takeo. I knew him for my entire life. Son of my father's friend. I dated his sister... Gods. What have I done... Weaver, what have I done? What have I... Wh-w.' - you looked at the young man's face and the tears slowly running down his cheek. You sighed and sat near him. You helped him lean on your shoulder and slowly led him to the door. He could barely walk.

'Burn this place down, Adbel. Sadly, one person died in fire and the second was never found.' Adbel, hidding in shadows near the entrance to the house, nodded to show you that he understands. Few moments later, he joined you on the steets. Crying Blazik, with a hood on his head, looked at the flames that slowly started to devour the house... and then, the rain started. Despite that, the explosion was powerful. You never liked Adbel's taste in 'subtle' dwarven grenades.

Adbel turned back, to look at the people running away from the house... maybe. He grinned to himself and you can swear you heard his voice whispering...

'Heaven crying over us, huh? Over us... or because of us?'

Don't try to escape from these memories, soulless. Or I will force you to go through it, again. That night.

You close your eyes, disturbed. You realize that you really tried to escape from first memory...

That night, when you lost control... when you woke up in one of the poorest city districts, you knew that you devoured someone. It was the only way for you to still exist, in that very moment. You looked around...

And fear hit your heart like a hammer hits anvil. You couldn't look away. Child's body... a girl. You would say that she was... maybe fourteen... fiveteen years old? Her eyes were full of fear. She feared her death.

You.

You. You. You. You. You. You. You. Murderer.
Tell me... would you want to meet your own victim... face to face?

You turn around... and take a few steps back. In darkness, somebody looks at you. A small person slowly comes out of the dark and looks at you, with nothing in their eyes. The girl's voice is empty. So empty that you aren't even sure that she speaks...

'So you are the person that killed me, aren't you?' she tilts her head a bit. 'I wonder, do you feel something about it? Do you even think about what you have done to me... or maybe I was just another body in a pile of others that died by your hand? I never had a chance to live my life, because of you. Tell me, what would you do, if I wanted to get my revenge for this?'

This time, however, you don't escape. You clean your mind of thoughs and respond. And it doesn't matter if she exists or not. You are honest with... yourself.

'I... I regret what I have done. I regret many things, and your death isn't less important than those. But I would do that again if I am forced to. You want to know why? Because I also have people that I love and care about. I will protect them. I will make those that harmed or will harm them pay. I lived for more years then you ever could and I'm sad because of your death. But it wasn't pointless. I will remember you... And if you want your revenge... you may try to get it. But know that I will protect myself. For my ideals and my loved ones. For my goals.'

As you keep talking, more and more people appear in the darkness. You know some of them... your agents. Your rivals. Your enemies. Everyone that died next to you or at your hand. They look at you and you feel that you are being judged. When you finish your speech, the girl slowly start walking toward you...

You cannot move... as her hands moves toward your throat, and you slowly kneel. 'So this is how it feels... powerless...' a thought crosses your mind when her fingers touch your neck.

And her hands slowly move to left and right, as she holds you in her hands, hugging you. Your feelings overpower you, as you start crying on her shoulder. You can't say anything... so instead, she speaks for you.

'Know that some of those that you killed deserved death. They were awful people... but some of us were just doing their jobs. Some of us were just enemies by fate. And some were just people who were in the wrong place, at the wrong time. But we... understand. We understand the pain that you feel. You regret, but you still go for your goals. You protect her... it is worth it. Worth our lives...' her voice is peaceful, almost comforting.

'Are we truly people that fought next to you or died by your hand? I don't know. Maybe we are little parts of their souls, trapped inside your empty, cold body. But know that... most of us think that it was worth to die. We feel your love, your determination... but also your lust for revenge. Remember that it may destroy you and your goals... Avenge them... but only if the price for it won't be too high. And know that we will be watching, always. Until you will die or until you get back your soul.'

You felt her arms warming you a bit, but after a while, you found yourself alone in the void. However, the warmth in your heart stayed with you. And then you turned around to look at the person that confronted you with those images.

Only to see yourself. In front of you, suprised and shocked... no. It isn't you.

It is person that you were, long ago. Person that died in March, after a hole in the very reality ended her life and trapped her... somewhere.

Both of you don't say anything... until a white void devours you both. You wake up.

You open your eyes when the sun shines on your face. You look around and yawn. Regreh and Castor are still arguing about something and it seems they have been at it for the whole night. Regreh turns his head to you and smiles.

'Aye, good day, Weaver! How do you feel after some rest? You were sleeping like a baby, probably thanks to our young companion!' the dwarf smiles warmly at you.

'I think it is mostly ma'am Weaver's experience in resting like that, Regreh.' you are suprised when you hear Regreh's name without a 'sir' before it... did those two really develop some kind of bond between them during the night? 'Anyway, ma'am, I hope you feel better now.'

'Thanks, Castor. It was a really good rest... anyway, how long did we ride for, now? How far are we from Larnmarn?'

'About 20 miles right now. At least, the signal stones suggest that.' you look at Castor, suprised.

'Damn it, only 20 miles? How the hell were we so fast? Over 40 miles in one night... Castor, should I assume this one is also your doing?' you look at him, faking an accusing glance. He scratches his head and shyly looks away.

'Well... yes, ma'am. I used some spells on us and our horses. I hope you aren't angry at me for that, but I wanted to get us away from that place as fast as I could.'

'Nay, I'm not angry. Well, maybe a bit, because you should wake me up and ask before doing something like this. But thanks anyway.' you, however, curse in your own mind. He really should have asked you before he did that... you hope that if anybody is following you, he wouldn't able to find you by tracing one of the spells. Not that this is going to stop you from reaching the city... actually, you hope that you will get to it faster now.

As time passes, you listen in on Regreh's and Castor's conversation, but it ends quickly as both of them are tired after riding on horseback all night. Your mind work again, making plans and connections... you still think about who could have sent you the message about a man that destroyed the House...

And after a while, you think you know who it might have been. One of your informers, calling himself "Silver Tounge", but you rather prefer how everyone else calls him - Warner "Bastard weasel" Kaizoku. Little, greedy bastard, like many people in Larnmarn... it is a part of the city's charm. You always look at Adam's (people that you work with in Larnmarn slang), but mostly to be sure that they didn't have any knives aimed at your back. You know that you can't just enter the city through the main gate... too many eyes watch those. But this isn't the first time you are in this kind of situation... there are ways that are hidden from most eyes... if you are willing to pay the price.

After that, you probably will go to one of your hideouts in the city. You have paid a lot of money for those, back in the day, so most of them should still be intact. You could also contact some old friends before you will try to talk with Warner. And before you start doing anything, you will collect information. About everything. You thank yourself for going to that damn armory and finding your gold. It will pay off in this city, city where gold is key to many doors.

1 Anyway, before you will get into Larnmarn, you much choose your way in.
a) You will go into sewers and try to find your way into city for free. This, however, will be dangerous as Larnmarn sewers are also labirynth full of hideouts, secret paths, smugglers roads and other things like that. You know some ways in those, but changes are part of their nature, so your roads may already disappear. (Free)
b) You will use one of smugglers roads, as many of people. You know some of them that will keep their mouth shut about you in city, but cost of it may be pretty high. Well, it is still safer then walking into sewers in little group. (100-200 gold coins for one person.
c) You will go to your old friend, innkeeper in one of taverns around the city. He have little tunel digged under walls and you used it many times. Of course, you will be forced to pay, but not so much... however, most of people around there know you and you may be sure that somebody will know you get into city. Informations are valuable in City of Wonders... and you may be sure if there will be someone willing to pay for them, he will get them. (200 for everyone)
d) You will use one of Thieves Highways - bridges, ropes and other ways made high above city walls. Those are part of city view, as high towers and buldings are. You can get on them only in night, as using in in daylight is asking for getting Thieves Guild on your head. However, you know Thieves Councilor in Council of Guilds and you may be able to get away with it... still, he may already change. And problems with demons in city could close Thieves Highways. (Unknown.)
e) You will go inside... by Main Gate. It isn't worth it to hide, after all. You will place everything on your skills and reputation... however, this may not be best idea considering that someone in this city could sold you for people in Ravenhord. (Nothing)
f) You will ask Regreh/Castor to get a way into the City. They may have better ideas then you, this time. (Unknown)

2. You will have to hide in one of hideouts. You decided to pick up from newest three, each one placed in different city Ward.
a) Little basement in Trade Ward. It is connected to some other exists in entire Ward so you will be able to get out of it everytime, Ward itself is full of people so you could hide pretty easy and you would have an unlimited occasions to get new things... after all, it is Trade Ward.
b) House in Circle Ward, next to Drunk Ward. It is probably full of mercenaries now, so you could try to act like one, with Castor and Regreh. It would also help you getting more informations about demons attacking city from first hand. It is also pretty close to Assassin Headquarters. And you may want to pay a visit to their leader, Alexander. He knows you as his... Auntie. Long story short - you know him well enough to ask him for help, but you can't be sure if he will help you. And it could be really dangerous if you would make assassins curious with you.
c) Little room above City Library in Dwarven Ward. It is on other part of town, so it would be pretty calm and you would have connections with some dwarfs that you know around there. Also, when you mention that part of town, Regreh says that he have some of friends there and they may be willing to help you... for right price. You are also almost sure that there are few information brokers in that part of town, so it would be preety easier for you to stay hidden from eyes that will search for you and your comrades. (Of course, assuming that person that will pay for your location will give them your name. You are well known in some parts of town, so they will search you there, mostly. Like in Trade Ward.)

3. You need informations about world and Larnmarn, after you disappeard for whole year. However, more information you will try to get, more attention you may bring on yourself. Also, if you want to hire someone for this and that person isn't Castor or Regreh, it will cost you. You will to get informations about:
a) Situation in Larnmarn, demons and changes in city.
b) Known World politics and problems.
c) About yourself, your disapperence and anything connected to your person.
d) Hiri/Agents that left after House was destoryed.
e) Circle and Masked.
f) Something connected to Blue Eyes death and messages that he left on his body.
e) Something else (write what).
d) Everything above.

3(I) You also must decide who you will send for getting informations (you may pick multiple answers):
a) Yourself.
b) You will ask Regreh.
c) Castor.
d) Your contacts in city. (Be aware that they will know it is you, if you send them message. Most of your sources are rather well hidden and sending Castor or Regreh to them is asking for troubles.
e) Information brokers.
f) Ask Thieves Guild for some interesting facts.
g) Whores Guild may have some interesting informations in their hands.
h) Beggars always listen to everyone... maybe it is worth to pay them a visit.
f) Freeform.

Information cost may be very different and even your character can't predict how much it will cost. However, you experience and instinct make you think that around 500 coins should be enough.

Last edited:

Nevill

Arcane
1B. Don't get fancy. We know nothing, and it would be best to keep a low profile.
2A. I would be really interested in B, if it didn't have a neon DANGER sign hanging over it. That makes me go for a safe, if a bit boring, choice.

3 ABF - I would like to avoid asking about the House until we are sure we are in the clear from whatever may be stalking us.
3I ABCGH - can't see why Castor&Regreh can't go collecting rumors about the situation in the city, while we go look into more delicate problems, like politics and that business with Blue Eyes. Again, I don't want to contact any people we know.

Keep a really low profile and don't do anything that any of the many lowlife thieves or smugglers wouldn't do.

:lol: at the option of asking about Circle and Masked. Really inconspicuous.

Karwelas

Dwarf Taffer
Patron
Characters:

About sheets:
Characters in game not always will be placed there. Only most important people/your party appear there, unless of course you will want to know someone other stats. Just message me about it, then. It is pretty much based on Fangshi character system, but with some necessary changes. Until you will get any bigger party, you don't get anything like organization panel or something.

Character colors and details about those:

Weaver party:

Green - character is alive and well. Those are people that you know they are (or should be) alive at time where sheets are updated. You can always talk with them, ask them about something, give them orders and things like that.
Blue - outside of party. This character is still active, somewhere, you but can't contact it outside of messages or anything else that you can think of. You also can't give them direct orders. Those are also people send by you on mission outside your character area of influence (So place where your character is).
Grey - those people are either dead or missing. You can't contact them in any way, but you can't always be sure about their fate. (Unless you witnessed their death, then it will be confirmed in their sheet)
Yellow - any character that was forced to join your party for a while, allies that travel with you or anyone else that is temporary part of any of your plans.

Rest of world:

Light Green - those people are your trusted friends or allies that aren't part of your party.
White - neutral or character that you don't know good enough to say if it is your enemy.
Red - people confirmed to be your enemies.

Weaver/Rega van Lier'ze: Heroine
Str: 5/15 Dex: 7/15 Con: 4/15
Int: 7/15 Wis: 4/15 Cha: 7/15

Soul Points - 1 (one for three people sucked above standard two. Or by sucking someone very powerful)
Unlocked: Nothing so far.

Skills:
Combat/Military skills:

Knives user: Master
Tactics and commanding: Basic
Spy Special - dirty moves (during fights, you use techniques that rather aren't fair... but it is about live, not honor, isn't it?)
Spy Special - knockout (during a fight, you have large chance to knock someone out... if you want, of course)

Academic/Knowledge/Common wisdom:
Literacy
World Politics
Spy Special - Dancing on Blades (you know much about spy organizations, Kingdoms special forces and how they work)
Souless Knowledge (you are almost 200 years old... you had much time to heard about many thing, important and not important. Maybe it will help in future)
Day before Battle: Lysang - you meet Old Man Lysang and had little... sparing with him. Maybe it is worth to meet him again?
Spy Special - cryptography - advanced
Larnmarn: Veteran of Battle of Larnmarn - you was one of people that fought that day with forces of both wizards and demons. Even if only few people know about your involvement.

Languages:
Common
Spy Special - signals (you know how to send messages with moves of your body and can read them as well... but there aren't many people who know it)
Dwarven

Body/Physical:
Deft moves - Dexterity attribute skill (becouse of your high attribute skill you have bonuses to any dex rolls)
Spy Special - Escapology (you know how to free yourself from any kind of trap that keep you in one place. Rope, chains? Doesn't matter. With enough time, you will escape)
Spy Special - silent moves (I think you know what I mean there :lol: )

Social:
Spy Special(s) - Talking techniques (you know how to get informations out of any people, harming them or just talking to them. You also have experience in bluffing, diplomacy, trading and any other way to get what you need)
Souless eyes - unless your eyes are hidden under something, people will know that you aren't human anymore... and they can react.
Soulless - 'I have seen more then you will ever see.' - Your... experience in living can sometimes make other people feel... uneasy with you. You can make it your advantage, sometimes.

Feats: Feats points - 3

+ 1 point for actions in Prologue
+ 2 for finishing siege of Larnmarn and successful plan of blowing up Tower of Great Wizard

Trackless - hidding your track is important for you - you know how to at least try to don't left your tracks outside of settlements. Inside of them, this feat make you don't stand out so much (you already are spy so you will get only bonuses from it, not entire feat) - 3 points

More feats will appear with plot progress and learing other things from characters... or your own choices.

Hundred of Goban Tar - you are one of people that attacked New Riders fortress, Goban Tar. You fought next to Count Zabadon and many other (in)famous people of Known World and by that you gained respect and esteem of dwarven kin. - 5 points

Disguise - you... wait! Where are you? Ah, you clever bastard! You can use disguises with higher bonuses then normal - 2 points.

Environment fighter - your character will use environment in her combat actions (like stones if she lost weapon). This include making little traps from simple elements. - 2 points

Night of Falling Stars - you survived magical catastrophe called Night of Falling Stars. It destroyed large part of Known World, back in time, but it gave you some connections with wizards all around the land - not many people survived in epicenter of it, but you was one of those people. And it give you knowledge that some people really wanted to get. - 4 points.

Charming beast - you know how to use your... attributes. You can charm opposite sex (or... well... same sex if they like same sex) with larger chance for success. - 2 points.

Spy Special: Field Agent - you prefer to work on field, next to your agents then hide in safe headquarters. You know how to hide in any terrain or town and how to get informations you need. Stealing enemy intelligence resources isn't hard for you.

Equipment:
Weapons:
Your favourite Machete-Knive.
20 throwing knives.

Armor/clothes:
Simple prisoner clothes - burned in fireplace.
Special leather armor - bonuses to hiding in shadows and silent movement.
Clothes - simple dress, some normal clothes.

Magical items:
Two rings with dwarven runes on them (supposed to be rings with empowered True Sight spell. Powered by someone live force, it slowly weakens user body)

Misc items:
Books/letters/readable items:
Message from unknown person (informations about someone with knowledge about person behind slaugher of House of Servants)
Your coded book with contacts
Color lens - lens that simulate apperance of normal eyes, instead of souless eyes (without iris)

Other items:
Supplies (iron rations, cleaning items, cosmetics... what are you looking at? Dame always must look good!... pipe, pipeweed and some other items)

Regreh Mertelsson, Dwarven Warrior: YDF
Your Dwarven Friend

Str: 8/10 Dex: 4/10 Con: 8/10
Int: 6/10 Wis: 3/10 Cha: 5/10

Skills:

Axe user: Master(?)/Advanced.
Literacy

Languages:
Common
Dwarven
...?

Equipment:
Weapons:
Domino - his trusted two-hand axe.

Armor/clothes:
Some clothes...
His plate armor (probably not just bought in some random place, seems to be made for him)

Magical items:
Nothing he say about...?

Misc items:
'Can you stop looking through my stuff, girl?'

Other items:
'This and that, you know how is it.'

Castor Bepsidan, Demonic Demonoligist/Varagtomn, Demon Noble: Green/Yellow

Str: Below average Dex: Average Con: Below average
Int: Amazing Wis: Amazing Cha: Impressive

Skills:

Knowledge about 'demons' and outer planes
Wizard spells from demonologist magic(also outer planes magic, but too weak to use most of it)
Some wizard spell from fire magic (mostly heating or burning things... he don't share his knowledge)
Impressive grin...

Languages:
Common
Garmako - common
Garmako - higher

Equipment:
Weapons:
Wooden staff
Dagger

Armor/clothes:
Some clothes...
Normal robes...

Magical items:
'We are naked like little child... dear Weaver, I suggest getting something useful soon.'

Misc items:
His 'works' - probaly some sort of journal, but he don't want to either show it or talk about it

Other items:
Nothing, really.

Wealth:

Weaver - 600 gold coins with you.
Bank (Larnmarn) - 15 000

Not so important part now, as you have only your gold (+ party, but that may not be so willing to share their own gold). There are four type of coins: cats - made from copper. Bears - made from silver. Two cats are one bear. And finally, lions (or dragons in Dragon Empire) - gold. One lion is two bears or four cats. There are also platinum coins, but these are magical, rare items and it is pretty impossible to tell their value as most of them were made by Avatars. Most of people say that one platinum coin is around 1200-1500 golden lions.

Changes:
Sold HORSES for TRANSPORT into Larnmarn City.
Reward for saving Larnmarn city - 15 000 coins.

Bought Color Lens, some throwing knives, belt with pockets and some other things. - 400 coins.
Bought informations from various guilds about things in Larnmarn - 200 coins.

Values:
80 to 100 - Allies/Ally
60 to 80 - Friendly
40 to 60 - Hotter :lol:
20 to 40 - Warm
-20 to 20 - Neutral.
-20 to -60 - Cool/Dislike
-60 to -80 - Conflict/Hostility
-80 to -100 - Enemies/Hate

Known World:

Purple Robes/Mages from Ravenhord (Unknown real name of group): Enemies (-100)
Circle/Circle Agents: Neutral (+5)
Council/Goverment of Larnmarn: Friendly (+60)
Dwarven Kingdom/Dur-bazuk Kingdom/Dwarven Empire (sometimes called so): Warm (+30)

Larnmarn:

Guard: Hotter (+50)
Assassins: Allies (+90)
Wizards - destroyed during Battle of Larnmarn: Hostility (-70)
Thieves - destoyed during Battle of Larnmarn, rebuilding: Warm (+25)
Mercenaries: Hotter (+45)
Whores/Beggars - destroyed as faction during Battle of Larnmarn: Warm (+25)

Dragon Empire:

Vinis Vera: Warm (+20) - Circle of Mages from Dragon Empire.

Party Members:

Regreh: Friendly (+70)
Castor/Varag: Hotter (+45) / Warm (+25)
Drambarg: Warm (+30) - possible party member?

Larnmarnians:

Alexander Vanermo: Ally (+85)
Avian: Friendly (+60)
Natrila: Warm (+35)
Falr: Friendly (+60)
Kardim Brotheron: Warm (+35)
Darder, Veteran of Goban-Tar: Friendly (+65) - died during Battle of Larnmarn, sacrificing his live to blow up Tower of Great Wizard.

Others:

Circle - Zabadon: (?)
Circle - O.M. Lysang: (?)
Circle - Masked: (?)
Hirine: Your daughter, now and forever (+100)
???: Enemy - Leader of Purple Robes?

Last edited:

Nevill

Arcane
What a sarcastic bastard, considering that he murdered his best friend after he learned about you and the House by pure accident.
Blazik? More like Slavik. :M

'Gods. What have I done... Weaver, what have I done? What have I... Wh-w.' - you looked at the young man's face and the tears slowly running down his cheek.
Or not. Damn, what a House of Pussies we must have been! No wonder they were all wiped out!:rpgcodex:

We haven't met Adbel and I miss him already. If we ever get to it, the new House of Servants will be ruled by an iron fist in a spiked titanium glove. :argh:

Karwelas

Dwarf Taffer
Patron
Or not. Damn, what a House of Pussies we must have been! No wonder they were all wiped out!:rpgcodex:

We haven't met Adbel and I miss him already. If we ever get to it, the new House of Servants will be ruled by an iron fist in a spiked titanium glove. :argh:

Actually, Blazik was later one of your better agents, after you beat emotions out of him. Most of these people were cold under your service. (Becouse if they didn't, they would be dead. Yeah, House was pretty brutal with it's rules, but this main reason why it survived so long.)

And by cold - I mean to most of people outside House. Inside of it almost everyone knew everyone that they work with (I mean, they knew they were agents, not their missions. There were two type of people that knew details about those - you and people that were doing that mission. Saying anything to anyone that wasn't supposed to know about this was asking for knive in back. But it happend, once or twice.) and atmosphere was warm among most of people.

By the way, if anyone want to know how Houses chain of command looked, just check spoiler.

First Servant - Weaver (Commander)
Second Servant/Servant of Blood - Adbel (left hand of Weaver and man behind battle tactics. Also, your bodyguard)/Second Servant/Servant of Shadows - In first House Belperhior (human), Second - Blazik for some time/later Ragrum (also humans), Third - Hiri. (Right hand and person behind giving orders and discussing plans with you)

Higher Servants - best of your agents, often having their own spy cells, taking orders directly from you or Servant or Shadows.
Lesser Servants - most of your agents, getting orders from Higher Servants, mostly they never contacted you, but you knew most of them. Often parts of small teams, commanded by one of Higher.
Shadows - adepts, informers, anyone that was guest in your organization for some time was called by that name.

You also had many other contacts, informers and many people connected in some way to your jobs, but most of them even didn't know you are part of House. Rules of Houses were always harsh and almost any bigger trouble caused by agent was finished with his death. Nobody could know about that they are part of House, exluding Servants themselfs (or if your orders were different then that), orders were supposed to be done without any disobedience. If anyone of them was catched, they were supposed to swallow pill hidden in one fake teeth, with deadly poison.

Most of your jobs were connected to people that either hired you or by your own motives. You sometimes worked with other spys organizations, but it never was something closer then doing action or two together or trading informations.

Last edited:

Karwelas

Dwarf Taffer
Patron
Ok, updated first post and I have some happy news for everyone - thanks to Nevill my terrible mistakes were corrected in some updates. Any changes are thanks to him... brofirst the fuck out of him for that, he is really bro.

Also, before you will ask - how much either option can cost us in update? I will change choices a bit and add prices that your character think will be possible to get.

Karwelas

Dwarf Taffer
Patron
Oh, right, didn't saw tie. Votes are open until tie is resolved... But please, be quick if you can. I really wanted to start writing update today. As this will probably be longest update yet, including part of interlude stuff that I was forced to drop and move it there.

Anyway, thanks for your votes and support. By the way, I hope that you will like Larnmarn map that I make. Even if it will suck.

Nevill

Arcane
'k. I'll flop to 2C as well.
B
A
ABDF
ABCH
1 d
2 a
3 a+c+d+f
3I a+b+g+h
1B
2C
3 ABF
3I ABCGH
1b
2c
3abcdf
4abg
1 a
2 c
3 abcdf
3I ad
Total:
1 B - 3/5
2 C - 3/5
3 A - 5/5, B - 4/5, C - 3/5, D - 4/5, F - 5/5
3I A - 5/5, B 4/5, C - 2/5, D - 1/5, G - 3/5, H - 3/5

We are shaping to be quite a nosy person who is interested in everything. Let's see if we can handle it. :avatard:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom