Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Kodex Kommunistic Kastle. Fortress. Dwarf Fortress.

vazha

Arcane
Can I *produce* a fake news story that we hear infernal rumblings from that mine and therefore... should stop mining? :D

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Can I *produce* a fake news story that we hear infernal rumblings from that mine and therefore... should stop mining? :D

As much as I'd like to fix this disaster, it wouldn't be fair.

HOWEVER, everything has a solution. A d6 solution. Throw it!

6 - critical success. Redlabored is in Radio Silence mode. All mining activity is put to a halt until the end of Summer. Current miners will be reassigned to other tasks.
4,5 - success. All miners retreat to the fortress level and resume working on Redlabored (Food District and Kommunalka).
2,3 - failure. Miners continue to carry out Helly's orders, working on that gold vein.
1 - critical failure. We decide to investigate reported sounds and dig DEEPER.

Andnjord

Arcane
Few things: I refuse all responsibilities for the miners chasing windmills under the Kastle. As can be clearly seen I only asked Helly for a forge. I did not expect she would suspend work on Redlabored :lol:

Second:
A4K1KWK.png
:what:
What the hell is it with all those building orders? Are we building some kind of megaproject already? No wonder there is no dwarfpower available, everyone is busy either building this, hauling stones for it, building blocks for it or hauling the blocks for it.

Third: Dat Deer trap, that was just too good. Did you at least forbid all bones but the deer ones? Or was it pure unadulterated DF FUN happening?

In any case. MOAR, loving it :yeah:

Last edited:

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
- 1 copper crossbow
- 25 bronze bolts
- 1 leather quiver

Heheheh!

GODDAMIT, Kalin! I wanted to use this stuff for hunting! :x

Few of things: I refuse all responsibilities for the miners chasing windmills under the Kastle. As can be clearly seen I only asked Helly for a forge. I did not expect she would suspend work on Redlabored :lol:

It was mostly Helly's decision, but you are partly to blame. And don't you dare deny it! :argh:

Dig into the basalt Kommissar and ye shall be richly rewarded. No need to dig too deep, just make some exploratory tunnels into it.

If only you could 'release' from duty conscripts like Givi, if only temporarily? He would still be working for you of course, except he would be digging to find YOUR gold and YOUR iron...

What the hell is it with all those building orders? Are we building some kind of megaproject already?

This my GODDAMN PRIVATE QUARTERS! The single MOST IMPORTANT structure in Redlabored!

Third: Dat Deer trap, that was just too good. Did you at least forbid all bones but the deer ones? Or was it pure unadulterated DF FUN happening?

We didn't have any other bones, so Sqeecoo used what was available. Her final result cracked me up. And the name Combinedsound is fucking brilliant.

Also, I won't use the forbidding trick in this LP, because house rules.

baud

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
- 8 ropes (gonna need them soon)

What, some dwarfs are about to improvise the execution of some of the incompetent managers?

Also good job on the send-off and related discussions. But now I'm just a little sad I won't be able to take part in the votes.

Andnjord

Arcane
2. Let's DIG. Put our 2 best dwarves on it and make them our Skouts of the DEEP.
kCv2T60.png
Helly asked for two miners only, not our entire mining force....

Before you ask - no, it's impossible to fix your goddamn mistakes at this point, you worthless goblinspawns. Administrators my ass, piece of sh

This my GODDAMN PRIVATE QUARTERS! The single MOST IMPORTANT structure in Redlabored!
kCv2T60.png
I see, the Kommissar is blaming the workers for blundering into the impossible situations he himself has created. vazha , it appears your journalism skills are required here, the workers are being oppressed by making them toil at the luxurious dasha of the ruling class while simultaneously being criminalized for failing to meet impossible deadlines imposed upon them. Not only that but he must have coerced our manager into secretly diverting precious dwarfpower into digging needlessly for gold in an effort to enrich himself. Workers of the Kastle unite!:outrage::outrage:

But seriously, why not just smooth the stones of the Kommissar's Kuarter? :lol:

Last edited:

vazha

Arcane
Persuasion check: failed.

I won't be coerced into slandering our beloved Kommissar to further your scheming and plotting. The Givi has personally authored eleven tomes of the Book of Grudges - Do you really think he wouldn't remember who it was that got him sent to the mines? That hug from earlier? More like a serpent's embrace.

*Scribbles down a few notes for upcoming investigative piece on Andnjord 's true origin and ambitions, most likely titled "Traitors Among Us? - The Silvah Warhammah Schematics (as in Panama Papers, only much kooler)"*

Last edited:

Reinhardt

Arcane
What, some dwarfs are about to improvise the execution of some of the incompetent managers?
Do we have any lampposts?
kCv2T60.png
I see, the Kommissar is blaming the workers for blundering into the impossible situations he himself has created. vazha , it appears your journalism skills are required here, the workers are being oppressed by making them toil at the luxurious dasha of the ruling class while simultaneously being criminalized for failing to meet impossible deadlines imposed upon them. Not only that but he must have coerced our manager into secretly diverting precious dwarfpower into digging needlessly for gold in an effort to enrich himself. Workers of the Kastle unite!:outrage::outrage:
and ice picks?

baud

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Are you a DEER?

HOW DARE YOU!!!:x

Then we should revert to proven Ancient Warfare: wooden shields and throwing (wooden) stakes. You get mobility, semi range, is useful vs vampires and is cheap to maintain!
Negative, only ranged weapons dorfs can make are crossbows, balistas and mining carts. Definitively a deer.

Mining carts are ranged weapons? How does that work?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom