Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Kodex Kommunistic Kastle. Fortress. Dwarf Fortress.

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Pathfinder: Wrath
Silver is better but all metal hammers are at least okay-ish.
Except for Candy, which makes blunt weapons literally harmless, and maybe some random artifact materials.

RoBoBOBR

Arcane
Patron
Except for Candy, which makes blunt weapons literally harmless, and maybe some random artifact materials.
Candy hammers are good for hammerers, if you want to minimize nobles impact on health of your dwarves. Best Artifact hammer is platinum.

Reinhardt

Arcane
Our broker will be chosen via voting during next elections, just like every other administrator. Spigot is not fired just yet. He will remain our broker during Autumn.

That's what see in the rules under 1:

1. Critical failure. You confronted Grimwulf in a drunken stupor, stating your intentions of organizing a rebellion. You are fired EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY. Kommissar will appoint a temporary replacement for your position, and decide your fate PERSONALLY and RIGHT NOW!

Der Kommissar, I was recommending my candidature for the temporary replacement until elections!
It's about impeachment. Spigot was rolling for Kommissar's favor.

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik

RoBoBOBR

Arcane
Patron
can we find out if baud ever got actually infected

"If a sentient creature is bitten by a werebeast, and the bite tears fat, skin, or muscle, there is a risk that the said creature becomes infected." -- With the amount of damage inflicted on baud there's no chance he was not infected.

Citizen

"If a sentient creature is bitten by a werebeast, and the bite tears fat, skin, or muscle, there is a risk that the said creature becomes infected." -- With the amount of damage inflicted on baud there's no chance he was not infected.

There was also zero chance of him surviving the fight. And zero chance of the fortress not being destroyed by werebeast. The dwarfs of Redlabored deserve to know the fate of our national hero :salute:

Reinhardt

Arcane
can we find out if baud ever got actually infected

There is nothing in the rules about being beaten to death with sock.

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Kommissar Grimwulf can we find out if baud ever got actually infected?
There was also zero chance of him surviving the fight. And zero chance of the fortress not being destroyed by werebeast. The dwarfs of Redlabored deserve to know the fate of our national hero

Baud settled in small hillocks of Shovewhipped.

X5nuoN9.png

He was cursed, but it seems like he found a way to control his beast form. I mean, all werebeasts transform every full moon and go berserk on everything they see. Most werebeasts live a solitary life in their personal lairs. Baud decided to settle in Shovewhipped, clearly keeping his secret from others. He didn't go on a rampage yet. Who knows, maybe he locks himself in a basement during full moons? I'll be watching his life and keep you updated.

It is possible to retire the fortress temporarily and play adventure mode as one of the dwarves, if only for the sake of visiting Baud. But retiring fortress at its current state won't go without harm, so we won't do it just yet.

Also, I have zero experience playing adventure mode. Maybe I'll get better during this LP. Or maybe I send over save game to whoever is willing to go on adventure, we can call it a little side quest.

Also, since his dorf got exiled, can he claim another one to keep voting?

That's a good idea, actually.

baud,

Tobul, Unib's wife, daughter of Eryfkrad, worships you. You are a hero and an idol for her, because you were the only one brave enough to stand by Unib's side. Whenever Redlabored votes for anything, she will ask herself "what would Baud vote for?" and cast her vote accordingly. You may not be with us, but you can still vote.

RoBoBOBR

Arcane
Patron
It is possible to retire the fortress temporarily and play adventure mode as one of the dwarves, if only for the sake of visiting Baud. But retiring fortress at its current state won't go without harm, so we won't do it just yet.

You can always create a copy of the save folder and retire from there. Also i volunteer to visit baud's new home, if possible please provide whole DF folder (zipped ofc) rather than save only, so no compatibility issues arise.

Helly

Translating for brofists
Patron
Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
I'm currently in Nippon with limited access to the 'dex but I'll give my support to any and all anti-kkk factions.
1. Miners.

There is no lack of picks, only a lack of good management. What's your goal now?

1.1. Abandon the mines, focus on Redlabored.
1.2. Abandon Redlabored, focus on gold mines.
1.3. Abandon Redlabored, focus on obsidian mines.
1.4. Abandon Redlabored, DIG DEEPER.
1.5. Abandon ALL mining. Focus on other activities!
1.6. Assign Redlabored, gold, obsidian, deep diggin' at the same time and let the miners figure it out themselves. Can't be arsed to think right now. I AM A MOTHER, OKAY?

2. Workers.
Food industry failed, because we ran out of BARRELS!

8esNdCC.png

But surely you expected that when you decided to STOP DOING CARPENTRY! :x

Textile industry failed due to lack of dwarfpower. They've just finished setting up workshops and hauling raw materials to nearby storage.

zv80YJU.png

Metal industry failed for the same reason. Just finished setting up.

W3R07Gm.png

Stone industry failed due to lack of competent masons AND masonries. Dwarves are unhappy, their work speed is severely reduced. LOOK AT THOSE FUCKING UNPROCESSED STONES!

2bPlywf.png

Why are they unhappy, you ask? Because SOMEONE decided to IGNORE their needs! We NEEDED that goddamn Kommunalka!

I need my fortress CLEAN AND TIDY, damn you! I'm sick of goddamn BOULDERS scattered everywhere I go! But now we have NO STORAGE SPACE, because it's FULL OF BOULDERS that NOBODY IS CAPABLE OF CUTTING FAST ENOUGH!

Every single activity HAS FAILED! Do you know what you really nailed this Season? What you did really good? That's right, NOTHING!

So here we go again with current activities. This is your LAST CHANCE!

1. Masonry. Stone blocks and stone furniture - quite essential. Requires 4 dwarves.
2. MORE Masonry. Set up two additional workshops to process raw stone faster.
2. Food and Booze. DOESN'T WORK WITHOUT BARRELS! Requires 2 dwarves.
3. Carpentry and woodcrafts. Again, there is plenty of wood stocked inside Redlabored. We might even open the gates for a week or so to haul some wood from the surface if we run out. Requires 2 dwarves.
4. Farming. Yes, we still have unplanted seeds. Requires 2 dwarves.
5. Metalworks. Tools, weapons, armor. Requires 2 dwarves (one to smelt ore into metal bars, one to strike the forge).
6. Textiles. We have plenty of pig tails and some hairs, so we can make thread and cloth. Requires 2 dwarves.
7. Clothing. New clothing out of thread, cloth, leather. Requires 2 dwarves.
8. Bowery. Glorious wooden crossbows. Requires 1 dwarf.
9. Gems. Unlike metal ores, we mined quite a number of uncut gems. Requires 1 dwarf.

The fewer activities you choose - the more grunts AND miners you'll have. Gotta try to keep a healthy balance between miners, builders, and haulers...

Obviously we need to dig deeper. 1.4 it is.
That way we can equip our loyalists with better weapons (and keep the lower tier for the KKK brigade)

Then Metalworks, Carpentry and Masonry it is. (I must say we do need more carpentry than textiles. It will come back!)

Edit: i misclicked on roll again, 6 is my roll

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
edit: original result was 1, accidentally mashed the roll again button while loading page
Edit: i misclicked on roll again, 6 is my roll

Men, you don't need to worry about that. Your first die is always your original roll. You may click 50 times for all I care, but only the first die counts.

Anyway, Helly rolled for impeachment successfully. Which means that next elections we will choose between Grimwulf and Helly's candidate. Who is your candidate, Helly? You can name yourself of course, but consider Sqeecoo, Kalin, Spigot and Azira as well. Maybe one of them has better chances to win the elections. Because if you lose and Grimwulf retains his position, you will be sent to Gulag.

Any other administrator can start their own coalition and promote their own candidate, throwing that d12.

AWRIGHT, the race is on!

Bliblablubb

Arcane
While you were doing NOTHING, she worked hard on the hospital and medical supplies.
So I do all the work while Azira sits on his thumb drinking vodka, but he gets a favor from the KKKommissar because he is a party member. That's KKKommunism alright. :salute:

c9XcSR9.png
Knitting is fun. Happy.

4o6H0Qw.png
*mumbling about impeachment rumors* Goddamnit Grim, I am doctor, not a revolutionist.

c9XcSR9.png
Grimwulf must be KKKommissar. Destiny has spoken.

4o6H0Qw.png
What? Destiny? What would...... WHERE DID ALL THOSE SOCKS COME FROM? And who folded them in pairs...

c9XcSR9.png
The Spirit of KKKommunism guides. Sleep now.

4o6H0Qw.png
Why would I... uuuh-- clearly I have done an exceptional job here at the clinic and deserve some rest. Carry on. *leaves for his bed*

c9XcSR9.png
*continues knitting socks*

Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Sheeesh! Aways pesturing me! Franky can dual-weld axe an babby, but ya know... Im feelin genruz... 1.2 approved! Won evan ask for replays dorf, so how abaut u owe me DOUBLE favore now? Gud deal rite there! Reyhard and Logol tho? 2.4 - wat now? Das rite! Dey dindo SHEIT to earn no snazz-hammah so let em FITE for it, winna get silver, lozar get coppa.

I support the leader of our Army of course. Kalin for Kommissar! Bonas for the bonasless!

:baka:

Last edited:
Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Oh yeh? Scratch dat den, Rainhard get silver hammah just as FAK YOU!

Logo get big fat NUTHIN! Melt da coppa hammah down or sum sheit, diz fuck is on permunant wrestle duty!

SmartCheetah

Arcane
So, I'm a ranger, right? Are there any animals left in our great halls? If there is an option for it and any animal is left (and might become helpful in any way) I could try to tame it. Or at least hunt those rats and other vermin that used to bother our outpost. Sooner or later our fortress gates will be open, so my dorf might become more helpful, I suppose.

Last edited:
For benefit of all, let's analyze Citizen and myself as candidates for brokership:

yxHe79f.png

3Qrom8S.png

You can see the way these skills are applied here. Let's consider haggle, discuss request, and cover for gaffe as these appear to be actually relevant to the broker role and not just general social interactions. On the chart below I have listed the use cases the former two as "Haggling," since they both rely on the exact same skills (except for the fact that haggling also uses comedy, which is irrelevant as neither of us have that skill,) and the third as "Diplo" as it appears to be used for smoothing things over with elves after offending them (which sounds like a niche but useful application, considering recent events.)

Here you can see the skill level chart. According to it I should disregard's Citizen's dabbling level in persuasion, since "'Dabbling' is not functionally a level, with 'Novice' being level 1."

FcSIr74.png

Totals:
Haggling - Citizen = 16; Lithium Flower = 18
Diplomacy - Citizen = 16; Lithium Flower = 20

Conclusion:

I could be wrong as I don't fully understand the DF skill system or the application of said skills (does any person alive?) but it looks like I would be superior in both mercantile and diplomatic applications. Level 9 Negotiator appears to be strictly better than Level 8 Intimidation and Level 8 Pacifier for a broker, as it is checked by all 3 use cases.

Citizen can still put his intimidation/pacification to use by calming down tantruming dwarves and stuff like that, but he doesn't need to be a broker to do it :^)

Of course, the biggest thing that hurts both of us is our lack of Appraisal skill, which means we won't be able to estimate the value of things. That being said, Spigot did well trading with the human merchants even without the appraisal skill, and unlike him I promise that I won't provoke any elves unless its deemed necessary (read: not over a fucking monkey and a pair of socks.)

If I'm wrong about anything feel free to correct me.

So before you roll that d12, think hard - do you really want to do that?
[...]
Your supporters are not lifetime supporters. If you win extra votes, they will only last until the upcoming elections (elections themselves included).

Is this roll something that I can do this once, or would it be possible to repeat after every election?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom