Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Kodex Kommunistic Kastle. Fortress. Dwarf Fortress.

Helly

Translating for brofists
Patron
Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Stukos believes that more people means better chances for a change, thus Option 1. She believes Helly, in all her wisdom, would have done the same.
Stukos will wait some months, the she will also go and visit some... family in Longpulleys. Yes. To look for her lost daughter. She will try asking the leaders for an expedition over there. And also as a friendly visit to our dear neighbours, so that we may show them the prowess of Kommunism!

vazha

Arcane
That Smunstu seems to be a reall swell dude. Can we establish diplomatic relations with Kingdomstole?

Regarding them choices:
Hate to say it, but Kalin's plan has merit. Its true to KKK madness legacy we all know and love. If its impossibru, then kick them out, we dont need no kill-stealing.

Matalarata

Arcane
Patron
My dorf will keep a low profile and abstain from the first vote. He has no qualms both letting those warrior stay or have them leave...

If Sukhāvatī decides to open up the entartainer position, I will humbly (but not so humbly in-game ;) ) request to take up said position. However, I understand that atm said role works in unintended ways within the engine, as such I'd ask Grimwulf' opinion on the matter (RPG off, I don't want to cause ded dorf or to waste precious booze!)

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Can we establish diplomatic relations with Kingdomstole?

Pretty sure it's impossible. Goblins don't negotiate.

I'd ask Grimwulf' opinion on the matter (RPG off, I don't want to cause ded dorf or to waste precious booze!)

Mechanically speaking, performers actually perform. They just, how do I put it, spend more time FORCEFULLY POURING ALCOHOL in visitor's throats AGAINST THEIR FUCKING WILL.

They still perform, tho.

Dwarves are extremely unlikely to die from a liver failure. Or however it's called, I'm not Azira - I dunno. The real danger is drunkenness.

Normally I don't assign tavern keepers and performers in my other forts, but then again - I hardly ever need to increase the general mood so DESPERATELY. In any case, this is KKK - the manager decides. I am the one who blames.

Reinhardt

Arcane
What if our dorfs sent to loot their corpses will see... their corpses? Because from what i seen KKK is full of snowflakes.

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Btw will their deaths trigger our dorfs?
What if our dorfs sent to loot their corpses will see... their corpses?

If the dwarves see the actual moment of visitor's death - yes, they will not simply forget this event instantly.

If the dwarves kill the visitors themselves (it's possible to attack them) - also PTSD.

Hauling dead humanoid corpses - PTSD.

Because from what i seen KKK is full of snowflakes.

Yes, and that INCLUDES YOU!

Hauling corpses is a separate kind of labor. If Sukhavati orders only second-class citizens to haul corpses, so be it. Or maybe only the HAPPIEST dwarves will be assigned to corpse hauling, like Tindrli for instance. That's fair. If you're having too much fun in KKK - gotta start hauling corpses.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Option 1: Deny the request.

Kalin needs to stay the best. Around. No fun competition allowed.
He is already one unpaid bawnus away from murderizing half of the fortress in a drunken rage. We don't need a bunch of secret elfloving deer agents to beat him to it. :obviously:

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
AWRIGHT, might as well finish the goblin history.

Kingdomstole is only one of the settlements under Grimrust's control - the capital of goblin civilization if you will. But there is more:

VArfW4T.jpg

Notice the recently conquered dwarven hillocks. I bet they had better military than Redlabored, and still lost.

Each settlement, be it goblins or not, have their own local government. Redlabored is run by The GLORIOUS Workers. Kingdomstole is run by a government known as The Sick Demon. A fitting name if I ever saw one.

HTEraoh.jpg

In the year 16, a position of lord was created.

53FhmfK.jpg

A dwarf known as Inod Toolfill was appointed as the first lord of Kingdomstole.

tHSDQei.jpg

Funny thing, year 16 is the year Smunstu Guileghouls was born. Twelve years pass - the age when dwarves turn into adults, the legal age. Guileghouls becomes a fisherdwarf, and then, almost immediately, the lord of Kingdomstole.

tmKGfvL.jpg

What happened to Inod? Well. An incident.

mLRxQbd.jpg

That poor dwarf. First, he gets abducted by goblins. Fighting his way from a simple prisoner to the lord of Kingdomstole, only to get abducted again, and turned into this:

UppfiYX.jpg

What does "moon monster consort" means, you might ask? It means that not only he was abducted and transformed against his will, but he was also raped by his abductor.

That rape was quite productive too.

OvNDlpI.jpg

A whole dynasty of moon monsters. Fascinating. And what perfect timing it was for abduction - right after Guileghouls came to age. Coincidence, of course.

Let's get back to Guileghouls.

rowBm9K.jpg

Not a lot of memorable events in his life, at least those officially recorded, but those that we have are quite entertaining.

Especially the bribe event in 78.

vxuEaAN.jpg

A dwarf Zaneg Bronzepet gifted an artifact marble figurine to Smunstu, which he immideately proclaimed a symbol of the Lord position. Why? Take a look at the figurine:

r2Pc7TC.jpg

A figurine of a seemingly random human. But on that human is an ivory image of Inod Toolfill. It almost looks like blackmail.

To be fair, the human is quite remarkable too. Former member of the Council of Tones (government of Girderjoyous, which lays in ruins today), and a Holy Oat of some human religion. She was imprisoned by goblins during a war, but managed to make a career in goblin society.

Long story short, a remarkable human being.

wClUqOs.jpg

Anyway, the life of Zaneg Bronzepet, the creator of Spreadglum, went south since the creation of the art piece. One could even say she went insane, murdering dwarves and writing disturbing poetry.

Rg1or5g.jpg

She wrote all her pieces after having dreams, except for one, which she wrote in good consciousness.

sDsAxDD.jpg

I imagine Smunstu Guileghouls did not make her life merry.

It's worth noting that Smunstu's wife, Erith Spearclutches, was not abducted or otherwise forced to live among goblins. She married Guileghouls at the age of 104, by her own will.

M5RunrI.jpg

Smunstu is a natural-born leader of goblins, to be sure. Look at those skillz:

zRUhbVt.jpg

But enough about Guileghouls for now. Let's look at another important figure in Grimrust's hierarchy: the general. This position is currently held by Busla Diebones, but she wasn't the first.

wFlCjpH.jpg

All generals before her suffered violent deaths.

QL9HSdg.jpg

And none of them managed to hold the position for more than 5-7 years, except Likot Merchantcloses the dwarf. Likot led the very first goblin attack on Girderjoyous. This was the day she died.

iT8V7ac.jpg

So who is Busla Diebones anyway? How could a human become the trusted general of Emo Grimrust? For one, she is the grandaughter of Cando Charmedstraps, late Law-Giver (ruler) of humans.

nKKuUxu.jpg

Her father, Cisli Spiralhugged, is the next heir of the human throne, since the current Law-Giver has no wife and no children.

WTWDwAo.jpg

Busla Diebones is the only child of Cisli Spiralhugged still alive.

eH1bkN3.jpg

It seems like Grimrust doesn't plan to simply beat his opponents into submission. He is slowly conquering the world with legitimate claims. That skinless demon would be great at Crusader Kings 2.

Busla's life before her ascension was not very remarkable. A regular sorry fate of a childe abductee.

p8xjILa.jpg

But then she is appointed as the general. And shit hits the fan.

Pa0WKHm.jpg

The first thing she does is murder her cousins. That's right, both Stalith and Irka were of the royal bloodline.

4uUARcx.jpg

During the following year, Busla makes a trip to the underworld and tames a companion worthy of her peculiar personality.

wcDaTjz.jpg

And soon after that, she receives a gift.

BhQ2xVH.jpg

That's not the only gift she received. And not the only giant rat she tamed. Busla's life is quite busy.

aJJhh0S.jpg

The Hideous Malice was trying to destroy Girderjoyous for a long while, but it was Busla Diebones who finally managed to end the settlement.

yn6wqIo.jpg

Some of you might remember that Friend, one of Redlabored's uglier dwarves, lost most of his kids during attacks on Girderjoyous.

But what about Busla's treasured artifacts? Let's take a look

qdfNwBk.jpg

Not bad. Lacks some attention to details, but quite fancy nonetheless. What about the other one?

XnJobXZ.jpg

A. Dwarf. Bone. Ring. Ring made from dwarf bone. MOTHERFUCKERS! :argh:

Well, at least the creator of this monstrosity was swiftly dealt with.

lXx46Mi.jpg

Unlike Smunstu Guileghouls, the general of Grimrust is rather paranoid about keeping her artifacts safe. She stored both treasures within the Fat Tower, where her Master resides.

OEO2i3v.jpg

nlrUFiB.jpg

Surely nothing will happen to the treasures there, right? Right?

Wrong.

eK3nDvx.jpg

Now THESE dwarves have MASSIVE BALLZ. Both of them are still alive, by the way.

OKAY, you must be wondering by now, WHY IN FFFUCK arr you dumping this information on us, Grimwulf?? First, I have nothin' better to do and not in the mood to actually play the game. And second, a vast majority of our dwarves are connected to the Hideous Malice in one way or the other.

Quick facts (those of you with save games can easily confirm them via Legends Viewer):

- Friend's wife and most of his kids were killed in Girderjoyous during both goblin and elven assaults;
- Givi's second apprentice Litast Towershin is a citizen of Kingdomstole;
- Spigot spent 4 years living in Malignquickness - goblin pits of the Hideous Malice, his master was a goblin;
- Eryfkrad's eldest sons were abducted by goblins - the younger one was later murdered, the eldest escaped and reunited with his father;
- Lizzurd has 10 brothers and sisters, 6 of them were imprisoned by the Hideous Malice, some of them murdered later on

THE LIST CAN GO ON, most of us have something to do with Grimrust's goblin empire, usually a grudge.

The goblins attack other civilizations relentlessly.

c7SATGQ.jpg

And it's only a matter of time before they send their armies to Redlabored.

Unless Grimwulf you think the tavern as is isn't enough to keep those mental breaks at bay.

It isn't, but there are other ways to improve the general mood. It's not at critical point just yet.

Last edited:

BrotherFrank

Nouveau Riche
Patron
I have a fun family, but little sister is being silly. She thinks herself a fighter but lacks any prowess in the one area that counts: biting. No wonder she is a 2nd class citizen.

Voting option 2 and going with Kalin's plan.

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Wait, so it's her sister who killed one of the previous generals?

You have a sharp eye. :salute:

Likot led the very first goblin attack on Girderjoyous. This was the day she died.

I made a mistake right here. Likot died one year after that THE SECOND assault.

EBxpCcv.jpg

When Likot returned to Kingdomstole, she was murdered by Damso Sandtreaty, sister of Busla Diebones. Damso was born in Girderjoyous, her family was still living there when Likot Merchantcloses launched a goblin attack on the settlement.

Even though Damso was abducted as a baby, I guess she managed to preserve her humanity and morals. Unlike her sister Busla Diebones, she cared for her family and human nation in general. Damso was the one who put an end to the most successful general of Grimrust.

nTKRzvr.jpg

Holy shit, you actually read the damn thing, Reinhardt. :salute:

Demo.Graph

Liturgist
For some reason 'dex didn't show me that this thread had new posts. :hmmm:
ccuaZQP.png
Option 2 and go for Kalin's plan.

Also, I'm still willing to be a brewer / bartender.
As if anyone cares. :negative:

Five years passed since then.
That AAR was the reason I began visiting the 'dex. I still regret it was dropped
you lazy bastard. At least add it to your status bar.

Last edited:

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
That AAR is the reason why I began visiting the 'dex. I still regret it was dropped

Come on, my older LPs are garbage. Tasteless shit I don't even put in my signature, coz I'm too damn ashamed of them. Hell, even Rimworld threads were spotty at best, hit-and-miss.

Dominions itself is great, though. Pure LP material. Gonna plug sqeecoo's recently started Dominions LP in case someone missed it - it's a gud read.

Reinhardt

Arcane
That AAR is the reason why I began visiting the 'dex. I still regret it was dropped

Come on, my older LPs are garbage. Tasteless shit I don't even put in my signature, coz I'm too damn ashamed of them. Hell, even Rimworld threads were spotty at best, hit-and-miss.

Dominions itself is great, though. Pure LP material. Gonna plug sqeecoo's recently started Dominions LP in case someone missed it - it's a gud read.
I liked dominions party with Svyatoslav.

Demo.Graph

Liturgist
Come on, my older LPs are garbage.
gr8 b8 m8. Consider my brofist a friendly bitchslap. That LP had newsflesh and dem battle comics and people ripping Mother Bogarussia apart for their lowly interests. It was enough.

Hell, even Rimworld threads were spotty at best, hit-and-miss.
Yeah, to be honest, "in kommunism everyone suffers" gets old after a while. Cheetah's line was a much needed novelty. In DF it still looks okay, considering that Grimwulf acts as, ahem, a typical dwarven noble, ahem.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom